[Mod] Nydiamar

Probably a bit of a stupid question, but with regards to the Diablo 3 weapons, is the Spectrum sword included? Just want to know if it’s futile to try and find it or not.

I could not find it in the files, so I assume not? Although you are probably better off asking in the Diablo 3 mod thread (almost all weapons should be included in Nydiamar too).

I’m currently working on Update 13 for Nydiamar.

Right now it won’t really bring much new (compared to previous updates), except some minor changes, a small new location and an update to the Diablo 3 Classes mod, but if anyone has some suggestions, then let me know now — It’s uncertain if and when I might work on another update, so this is the best time for me to fix anything bad with Nydiamar. I already got plenty of suggestions in the past, and hopefully addressed them all, but there might still be things left to improve I personally don’t spot, like confusing objectives or bad englash.

(For example)
Are there any areas …

• missing directions?
  • missing content / things to do?
  • not rewarding enough?
  • that could look better or more interesting?

Are there any …

• encounters considered too unfair or difficult?
  • NPCs, dialogs or items not written well enough?

Might the mod be too rewarding (or the reverse)?
Might the (new) soundtrack be too unfitting (or should it be used more often)?

My goal is to have a nice flow throughout the mod, where nothing completely takes you out / distracts you / annoys you.

Any suggestions are appreciated, and if nothing comes, I gonna assume that everything works and plays well enough — which it actually should already, considering how damn much time I put into polishing it.

These are the changes I have made so far, without doing a new play-through beforehand. Playing through the mod again will probably add a bit to it.

Current Changelog

Changes to Existing Content

• Added a whole new location that expands the beginning — Shady Forest (& a Boss Arena)
    • Ah, I have been expecting you. New Boss Fight: Wardens, but many of them. Killing one splits it into two new Wardens. Killing a split Warden, you guessed it, splits it into another two Wardens.
    • A hidden trapdoor which lets you skip a short part of the beginning (past the barricade in the Outpost)
  • Updated Diablo 3 Classes mod to the most recent version
  • Added a Sound Effect for when a Beutekugel drops, as well as when you pop one
  • Renamed several NPCs to the same format as in Nydiamar Dungeons
  • Suspicious Scarecrows can now be found more often
  • Reduced the drop rate of Epic and Legendary Items — Before you were bombarded a bit too much with good loot, but now that there is plenty of content to do, I thought to reduce it a bit, but not by much
    • Chance to not drop an Epic or Legendary Item when you should is around 7%, instead you now drop a low rarity Beutekugel
  • Fixed the scaling issue in Nightmare (Darkness)
  • Increased the level scaling of enemies
    • Enemies of Normal rarity +2
    • Enemies up to Champions rarity +1
  • You can now increase the difficulty (level scaling and mob density) on your own by modifying the files (same way as in Nydiamar Dungeons)

I will most prob start this soon as i have some time to kill.We on another 40days lockdown.It doesn’t bother me as now i got time for games.In the matter of fact.i played so much games games last 2 days that i couldn’t close my hand yesterday🤣.

Yeah, our lockdown certainly led me to do another update, so all is fine. Currently uploading it, so better wait until I got it up, before you give it a try.

Update 13

Ah, I have been expecting you …

New Location — Shady Woods & Fields

Intended to open up the beginning a bit — It is quite small and unimpressive compared to all other areas I have added through updates so far, but I actually did not even plan to add one in Update 13, so better than nothing.

Shady Woods

Small area that expands the Abandoned House.

Shady Fields

A large boss arena! Fight Wardens — not one, but many of them. Whenever you kill a Warden the first time, it splits into two. The same happens with Wardens resulted from the first split. Kill them all to unlock your reward.

Find a hidden trapdoor taking you directly to the Outpost (with some Dynamite), basically skipping a short part of the beginning. Key can be found inside a stump somewhere in the Shady Woods.

Changes to Existing Content

• Updated Diablo 3 Classes mod to the most recent version
  • Added a Sound Effect for when a Beutekugel drops, as well as when you pop one
  • Renamed several NPCs to the same format as in Nydiamar Dungeons
  • Suspicious Scarecrows can now be found more often
    • When destroyed now has a certain chance to spawn One Punch Guy — Hunts you down very slowly; Can not die; One-shots you
  • Reduced the drop rate of Epic and Legendary Items — Before you were bombarded a bit too much with good loot, but now that there is plenty of content to do, I thought to reduce it a bit, but not by much
    • Chance to not drop an Epic or Legendary Item when you should is around 10% / 6%, instead you now drop a low rarity Beutekugel
  • Fixed a Main Quest bug
  • Fixed a scaling issue in Nightmare
  • Increased the level scaling of enemies
    • Enemies of Normal rarity +2
    • Enemies up to Champions rarity +1
  • You can now increase the difficulty on your own by modifying the files (check this post to see how) — You can adjust:
    • Enemy density
    • Level scaling of enemies
      • Change the value averagePlayerLevel+0 to whatever you want
    • Drop rate of Epic and Legendary Items (Undo the change from above)
      • Reduce the Weight of the last entry in both mastertables

Last update for a while, currently don’t have any major ideas of what I could add.

Enjoy. ~

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

3 Likes

I can’t find the download link of u13, please give the address clearly, thank you.

You need to scroll down past all the update descriptions. Till you see this…

I went a bit overboard with the amount of clutter … might format it differently in the near future.

Here’s the Nexus page, since you were having problems with mega.nz last time.

EDIT: I improved it by adding a link leading directly to the download section. Can’t be missed anymore!

1 Like

Vendors for GD factions have tag not found

If you’re using Rainbow Filter then update that.

Using No Rainbow Filter. Actualy tag not found occurs with all merchants. you have the name and then underneath there is TAG NOT FOUND where one should actually find the type of merchant written (eg: dealer, quartermaster). Occurs only with this mod. With other mods all is fine.

Normally, without any mods, you would have the profession of a NPC written next to its name, and not underneath, right? If the game, for whatever reason, forces to show the tag, then you might get the Tag not found, since I removed it — that’s why other mods are working.

Are you using any other mods or tools in addition?

Using Grim Internals. Loaded game without Grim Internals same problem. Also using GrimCam otheriwsie nothing more. See image:

Oh, now I got what you meant! I thought you were talking about the name tag when you mouse over a character …

I got the same problem. I’m gonna fix it in a future patch, thanks for letting me know!

Was NydiamarMainCampaign removed ?

The normal version still has NydiamarMainCampaign included, although not updated (does not matter, as long as the items won’t get removed).

I removed NydiamarMainCampaign from the version with the Diablo 3 classes, so I assume you are playing with them? You can still play the classes in the normal main campaign, just download and use the Diablo 3 Classes mod directly — all Nydiamar items will be gone, so you either put them all into your personal stash (especially the Level Token), or you can’t play Nydiamar afterwards again with this character. Do a backup of your character to be safe, since I did not test this.

Really did not expect someone to use it, so I did not bother to add it (since it would have required some work), but if you want me to upload it, then go ahead and ask!

I assume you mean the shared stash…

The problem is that my network can’t link Mega.nz :frowning_face:

Is the NydiamarMainCampaign still needed to be able to get all monster infrequents ? or with the increased mod content this is not necessary ?