[Mod] Nydiamar

Weapon Pool Skill (WPS), things like Chilling Rounds, Bursting Round, Zolhan’s Technique, etc. They have a chance to proc when you’re using the default weapon attack or a weapon attack replacer like Cadence, Fire Strike, Savagery or Righteous Fervor.

For example in the vanilla game Shaman’s Savagery is a defaul weapon attack replacer and can proc WPS’s, but Primal Strike isn’t a default weapon attack replacer so won’t cause WPS’s to proc.

1 Like

Ah thx.

So it is a clarification thing, because imo in Vanilla a skill without the Tac “could be used as default Weapon Attack” isn’t proc any WPS.

Correct. Unless a skill says it’s a default weapon attack replacer it can’t proc WPS’s.

I’m now a few hours into it and hands down this is awesome! Specially the difference to other H&S the idea with the ultimate difficulty just from the beginning is amazing. I have finished the dream sequence and used nearly everything i have found (components, damage focussing). It was not easy but so entertaining.

And after returning to the edge i have seen that i forget to use my devotions points at all. I’m so stupid ^^.

1 Like

Is it possibe to implement an option to disable the mechanics with the Gods? I really love the Ultimate Mode so far and i see the point with the blessings. But frankly this is a little bit to RNG for me. To track the will or the decisions of the gods is not possible for me. Since the beginning they have given me constantly one bad followed by one good “event”. The favors jumps from 2000 Favor to 17000 without anything i could do about it. I know there are sacrifice or donations possible but why should i do that, if 15 Minutes later the Gods doing a good event and the favor is jumping 12k down?

But beside the God thing, i really have a blast with your mod. Easy to see how much effort and love you have put into it. And i haven’t seen to much till now, but some of the areas (for example the Y. Forest) are really beautiful. As feedback: As beauty as it is to play in the forest (in case of Artstyle), sometimes it is not possible to track the “road”. A little bit annoying if you kite 3-4 bosses (see above the God event ^^) and constantly run into a dead end. But that is not the end of the world and i have seen you have improves specially the Y. Forest in one of the last patches.

Greetz.

Edit: One other thing i would give as feedback: Why isn’t it possible that breakable objects are treated like the ones in vanilla? I mean, they have no target outline as in vanilla. Furthermore no corps is lootable at all, which feels weard if you have played GD vanilla right before :slight_smile:

Edit 2: The onehand arbalest for the demon hunter are dropping only as unique and could be get only with the forgotten souls, right?

Edit 3: Why is it possible to put some of the soulbond items into the shared stash and others not? This way the flag Soulbond isn’t of any use anymore (Example: Fragmentes Stones: yes / Item Bomber: no)

Edit 4: In the Hamton Mine i have found my very first Devotion Sphere. After using it the map still is showing me a Ruined Shrine at it’s position. Is there a Shrine, too and this is some kind of bug (because there is no shrine at that point, at least in my ongoing game) or is this the way the mod is showing position of spheres even after using them, because their is no other way to show it in the UI (which would be fine for me).
Furthermore after using the sphere an enemy have spawnt but in the middle of a wall. Silly thing: Exactly at that moment the Gods do a bad event and the enemys which have spawnt killed the monster in the wall for me XD

Edit 5: So after playing several hours today i have to say: Imo you have exactly hit the point, why i have played GD Vanilla such a long time. A few things even improved in comparison.
a) The level process. So many adjustments and “taking a look at my loadout”. The decision to place all faction merchants at one place is something i missed a lot in GD. By starting in Ultimate you have so many things to adjust, that suddenly i wear loot, which i never ever take a look at in GD.
b) The change to get devotion points is so amazing and not only a copy and paste of the (also amazing) GD Vanilla mechanic.
c) For me the best thing is the fact about all the roguelike dungeons. Thats one of my few criticpoints about GD. Before the release of GD, they have talked about the Roguelike dungeons being RNG. Sadly they aren’t. Furthermore they are only optional in GD. In Nydiamar this seems to be totally different at that is such an improvement.
d) Even without a real storyline i got this well known feeling of a soulsgame. A few hints here and there and with my own fantasy i’m able to close a few gaps.
f) The Artstyle and design of the dungeons are imo beautiful. Of course I haven’t seen all of it (Main campaign in Lorshet Minde, One Devotion Dungeon done, HAmpton MIne done) but so far so good :grinning:
g) The Music. I really don’t know where you get it but some of the themes are real nice and furthermore fits perfectly to the GD themes.

I’m a 43 old gamer, which have played H&S since Diablo 1 on my 386 and just wanna say thx you for this little gem. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

There actually is, but you need to use the console for it.

Type this: character.GrantPlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED
To undo this type: character.RevokePlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED

This is completely untested so don’t know if there are any side-effects! Don’t recommend it though, the mechanic should get easier to handle later on.

The God Mechanic is explained here in-depth: The Gods Are Watching You

So in short there are quite many ways you can influence favor, such as completing quests and dungeons, or when something good happens, you lose favor, and when something bad happens, you gain favor. Blessings also decrease favor greatly. This might lead to it jumping around, but it should be predictable.

But in the end, favor only represents the chance that the good event happens instead of the bad one, so 17000 favor is quite high, but “only” a ~80% chance for something good.

Basically your goal would be to keep doing stuff — e.g. when a good event happens and you lose lots of favor (amount is slightly random), you got around 20 minutes (also slightly random, to prevent a clear pattern) to get it back up. Sounds stressful, but this should happen naturally, since so much stuff gives you favor (at least further into the campaign).

The whole God Mechanic is intended to be the downside to the Blessings, so without them you would probably only get the good events.

Some areas are clustered with breakable objects, such as the urns or the secret crate level. This was looking and playing very weird with so many objects, so I removed the outline. I also like it more.

Never thought about the corpses, I just forgot about using them!

Diablo 3 uniques should drop normally too and yes to “only as unique”.

Soulbound for some item types does not work in Custom Game, don’t know why. By the way, ignoring the Soulbound flag angers the gods.

Ruined Shrine symbol is only there to show the location of the Devotion Sphere. Normally the symbol should disappear after the sphere is popped, but for some reason this also does not work (sometimes). You will notice this behavior in the Illusionary Dungeon later on. Weird stuff.

Gotta check out the upcoming third community season then (when it drops)!

There is lots of great stuff up ahead, some even quite easy to miss, so great to hear that you already enjoy the beginning!

Thanks for the long write-up and the feedback, greatly appreciated!

To be honest: Suddenly i like the God mechanic a lot. It is giving the game this feeling about “everything is possible” and you are never save. So even a almost easy fight could get into the wrong direction.

So yes, you are totally right with getting easier to handle later on. But the prediction isn’t possible for me. Yesterday i got 3 good events, with 2000, 7000 and 17k or more favor. Same occurs the other way around. Seems to me, that i have luck or bad luck with that :slight_smile: . But anyway i got used to it.
–> More Enemys = More Loot!!!

Can’t wait for the next weekend. Then i will do a second try and run on the roguelikedungeons 2 and 3. In the Well dungeon (second i think) the room with all the ground effects was something like: “Oh, that will be my end…taking a look at my resis”…for sure!" And with the spawns of the mobs, oh yes sire it was XD But now i have improved the resis a lot, so here we will go again.

1 Like

I have tried the order “character.GrantPlayerToken ULTIMATE_MECHANIC_DEACTIVATED”

What should happen after that? Getting a token in the inventory? Any message that it is deactivated? Is this only true for the ongoing session?

Do you have any advise in which order i should play the campaign? Because the diffculty is spiking a lot, since i reached Level 45 today.

I tried today the well with the described room (instadeath, i still don’t have all of the resis at max or even at 50%, most of it but not all), then i get slaughtered many times trying the field with the wardens. Some of the mutators are ridiculous right now (75 HP reg oO) and i insta load a fresh game after trying it 20 MInutes. In another run i get the immortal one punch together with the fourth bad event in a row and 2 wardens running behind me. Not so funny :slight_smile:

The biggest concern for me is, that my level is 47 and my equip is not so good anymore (only 36). I sink a lot of the money into lowering the corruption to lower the hardiness of the bad events from the gods (which today was 6x bad and one time good). Got a lot of corruption from the beginning by using all blesses at once. Now i’m okay with running without any blessing.

Is it maybe a good plan to use the Nyla-bless (have bought it today) after getting to Level 50 to stop the experience for some time?

On the good: I got today my first Level 50 Legendary. Nice boots to boost my defence overall.

The shrines in the devotion dungeons shouldn’t need components, which don’t drop at that moment. It is a little bit silly to conquer all the monsters and fights and then you see that you need a component, which has a price of 211.000! That is the other problem btw: Normally i should have more devotion points with level 47 already (19 right now). But they are “locked” behind the roguelikedungeons, which i don’t get through (reasons above).
And why have the Roguelike dungeons which already have the entrance fee of the faction tokens, another fee with 31.000? Maybe later on money isn’t of so much improtance but with the first char…oh man ^^

This token just prevents these events from happening (or at least it should). You can still gain or lose favor. You only need to do this once, not every game session!

So the Strange Well is indeed quite hard, BUT it is a Rogue-Like Dungeon! Your resistances do not matter when it comes to these ground effects (unfortunately, but this is how the game works), they will always do around 25% HP damage per tick.

There is one intended path that leads through the whole area which you need to follow. So try to always take a few steps to the next small patch that is free of any effect, kite enemies that spawned back to somewhere where you can fight them. Having a movement skill to skip through helps a bit.

The Shady Fields (with the Wardens) can be ignored, they are only intended for end-game characters or masochists. In case you did not know, they split into even more after dying.

You should only stop using them when you would normally get to Ultimate, so around level 70 to 80. Even then I would continue to use them all. Resistance Blessing is a must-have until later on!

In addition to this, you can also use the Nydar Mode, which you already found out about. Disabling experience gain also seems like a good idea to catch up.

There is the Beutekugel (Blueprints Components) that you can craft at the smith to at least get the blueprints that normally would take a while to get (e.g. Faction Blueprints and so on). This makes it easier to get these required components.

Later on, even with your very first character, you will have plenty of Iron Bits! 31 000 will then seem to be too cheap.

The other ones are easier to get and quite close together.

I would just continue on the main path. Go through the Lorshade Mine, and then do the Tomb near the Weerhoalt Cemetery, where you can also find a Devotion Sphere.

If you want me to, I can look up the tokens for these Devotion Spheres, so you can skip the part where you need to find them first, and get right to their dungeons.

EDIT: I have added an option to enable / disable the god events. You can also lower your corruption by 10050 once through this dialog. Talk to the Squirrel.

Overwrite the file inside the resource folder.

Conversations.zip (99.2 KB)

Ah cool. That was my first idea, too (before asking here ^^).

No thx. I wanna finish it like it is meant to be played. It is a good thing if you have to “work” a little bit for the outcome in the end :slight_smile:

Wow! Big thx you. Because that is exactly what i want. In the roguelikedungeons it is a little bit to much right now to handle the events beside the “normal” enemys. This way i am able to change it ingame, which is a nice addition to the other changeable options you have implemented already.

Nice tip. Good to know. Will try that definitly.

Today i catch myself at work by buzzing one of the titles from Nydiamar. Normally that is something i only doing from very good scores like Attack on Titan.

Edit 1: I’m now in the Tombs. Man the atmosphere and the music is outstanding. What you have done with the light and the ambient, specially if you fight the slow crowd of undead, which throw shadows to the walls left and right. Really great stuff.

Edit 2: No critic just feedback: Maybe i encountered the first real bug. I have taken the “real” ash from the tomb. Sadly after reading page 36 the old man dissapeared but no enemy has spawnt. Quest description is telling me to kill the spawnt enemy. Anything i can do? Is this quest repeatable? No problem to do the awesome fight in the tombs again. The music man, the music (specially the one of the second part. What language is this? Sound on the one hand like english but on the other i don’t understand what she is singing for sure. Quiet like that)

Edit 3: Thx to your advice i got through the elemental room quiet easy. And i got to the Final Room. Oh boy what an epic fight. The fifth (or sixth…loose track to be frankly) wave of enemys (the one with the pries with the awkward name…something like zarathul priest ^^) got me, because i was out of healthpotions. Anyway: I will come back to finish this ^^. Sadly i haven’t found the sphere till that point. And again: The music and atmosphere: Outstanding!!!

Edit 4: Played today without any blessings or buffs. Disabled only the god mechanic. It is hard but it is possible to play like that. At least with a Demon Hunter / Wizard combo. Don’t know how much OP the classes are. Frankly 54% dodge and 50% (Shadow Swift + Ice Armor + Equip) reflect are really cool :wink:

Honestly no idea how this can not work. You probably already lost the urn, and you won’t be able to get it again, so use the console to give it to you, and then try the ritual again (it only works if the old man is also present).

Type this into the in-game console: game.give “records/_items/_quests/_tomb/questitem_ashes.dbr”

I actually don’t think it is a real language, but it could be Japanese.

Final room, where the fight took place. You already got the chance to get it, so quite unfortunate that you died there.

Kudos, I always needed them to stand a chance, even late game — but I’m also clueless. Also, thanks for the praise!

This time it works. The first time i put the Urn in the left inventory. Maybe this is the bug? Trigger can’t see the Urn in this inventory? Gladly the old man was back without doing the Tombs again ^^.

Edit 1: Any advise where the best place is to farm scrap? I got my third shrine, which is in need of components who i can’t forge at the moment. So i want to forge a few of the Beutekugeln, which drops the much needed blueprints. I have the money and three components but 0 Scrap at the moment :frowning: I see that sometimes one of the merchants is selling one or two for 700 bucks at the moment. But that is a little bit boring to jump between the bases to hope for scrap :slight_smile: (And to be honest right now i don’t wanna throw away my money, because of constantly running low ^^)

Edit 2: Suggestion: Would be nice to have a stash on Sedaah Ruins.

Best way to get scrap would be the crate level which you encounter shortly after the Snowy Landscape.

You should have an alternate recipe for the Beutekugel that requires these necklaces instead, you get plenty of them inside a small dungeon (not the Depraved Ruins) also somewhere in the Snowy Landscape. This would be the best way to farm these Beutekugeln.

True, will add one should I do another large update (since this requires editing the world, which is quite some work).

The sedaah Ruins have a bug. I have a fight with Worms and Ghost Heroes on my side against Tier 1 (75) Sliths. Sadly after my worms are all gone no ghosts spawn. Furthermore i’m able to call a nemesis or to be more precise i could take the option without the warning that the fight is ongoing BUT only the message about a Nemesis pops up. So the last Sliths standing in the arena and preventing me from opening the door.

Damn it :frowning: I was one fight away from looting the arena. 400 and more tokens gone :frowning:

Did you mean Worms (Aetherial) 25 and Sliths (2) 85 for the enemy encounter?

Exactly. I have made a screenshot after turning on the option about clearing the arena (damn it. it is to big to upload.)

I can’t find the last shard (even after running through the whole second part twice). It’s name is Zuwz. Could you just say in which area i should search again?

So the reason why the Ghosts (Heroes) did not spawn is indeed a bug. Pretty much the sum of your encounters (Worms 25 + Ghosts 60) is exactly the cost of the enemy (85). Just a minor mistake in the script that ignores such a combination, gonna fix that eventually. Don’t know about the Nemesis not spawning, I could not reproduce that, unfortunately.

As for the shard, don’t know which one that is, but you can check the end of this post, all their locations are listed there: [Mod] Nydiamar

EDIT: By the way, these Worms (Aetherial) are way too cheap, gotta up their price.

EDIT2: I take it back. This is not the reason, and the sum can be equal the cost.

EDIT3: I figured it out. I think Grim Dawn has some sort of limit on how many heroes, bosses and so on can spawn in an area — this means if I would spawn a bunch of heroes, and then again, and again, after a while I would stop being able to spawn any in. You can notice this inside the arena, where the first few encounters always got some heroes, while the ones later on have none or only very rarely one.

This is why the Ghosts (Heroes) encounter stops spawning after a while, it only consists of heroes, so it can’t spawn anything.

The same goes for the Nemesis encounter, I assume. It also did stop spawning anything, even after leaving the map and doing other stuff for a while and then coming back.

I honestly can not think of any solution right now. The only thing to make this special arena and mechanic function would be to limit the amount of tries to maybe three or four per game session, and then also decrease the entrance fee for picking up the loot.

At least we know now why this happens. First step to find a solution :slight_smile:

But honestly the “Pet Mini Game” is a cute idea but at least for me not the end of the world if this is restricted the way you have described it.

Conquering down my first Nemesis in the deserts. Btw: The negative meter of the hostile faction are working like in vanilla? I mean specially in case of more monster/hero spawns and the Nemesis System.

GN8

Not sure there is a limit, in my version of Grimmest I have tons of bosses and nemesis spawning, all in the same area too as far as I can tell (did not change the map, just spawn them from existing proxies, so not sure where in area begins and ends).

Maybe it is a matter of how you spawn them ? Grimmest does in a Lua script.

I did discover a few things when messing with respawns and extra spawns in Grim Harvest.

Since in GD you can have one instance of a hero spawn once per session, that entity is essentialy black listed from spawning again.

However this extends, to when you are spawning them from a script as well.
This line here: Proxy.Create(record, object:GetCoords().origin, true)

• will not spawn you a hero, if one has already spawned naturaly. And heroes spawned with this do not get black listed. The “true” parameter is supposed to ignore some of the spawn rules, but there is still a check agains a blacklist.

Grimmest might have every proxy spawned by a script and all naturall ones just being a trigger, so no natural spawns and you find multiple heroes.
Edit: Or it does it with character.create()

Hope this helps in some way