[Mod] Nydiamar

Amazing Mod!

By the way, I seem to have slipped through the walls at the Sanctuary and entered the real sanctuary. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

*Nydiamar-ULTIMATE with GrimInternals & Translation

Yeah, somewhat immersion breaking, haha. Gonna block that eventually, thanks for letting me know.

Logged into game today and that hammer that breakdown items into spheres and iron bits is gone…how do i get a new one if its missing i really don’t want to start over

I think the same way you got the item in the first place, through the dialog option at the lectern of wisdom. Let me know if that’s not the case.

No i tried that, I’m not sure why its gone, i have only played this new toon, on your mod i just download the other day…odd…

It was a fresh character as well.

Are you sure that you don’t have it somewhere hidden inside your inventory? Especially in this mod you can have a very bloated inventory, so stuff like this can easily get hidden after sorting. I’m asking since the dialog should work as long as you don’t have the item, you can see it here for yourself:

Alternatively you can just use the in-game console to give it to you. Type this into it:

game.give “records/__recycle/recycle_item.dbr”

__recycle has two _ underscores.

Keeps telling me i unable to open file.

My bags are pretty empty so no…I guess its either start over to just stop playing mod.

Did you try to give it to you through the in-game console like I wrote above, that should solve this?

Yes multiple times hit the ~ well ` on my keyboard.

I use it all the time for god mod when I’m in a spot where all the green static stuff is on the ground.

Is there a way to see a complete list of the weapons, armor and items in the game that game.give allows.

I even tried copy and paste but that doesn’t work with i control v it just a white box. I guess i could have started over by now, but that doesnt solve it possibly happening again when i don’t know how it disappeared to start with.

Basically all items that can be kept inside your inventory can be spawned in with game.give. You would have to extract the game database to see the exact paths, though. It auto-completes only the base game items, but mod items, such as the hammer, still work. I tried it myself to spawn it in. If game.give does also not work, did you maybe re-install the mod and forgot to patch it again (to Minor Update (3))?

You can lose the hammer when using it right next to a stash, since it works the same way as the loot spheres. You could also lose the hammer when using it too quickly (1-2 seconds) after spawning in the first time, but only if the game loads super fast for you.

Do I need to the " " when using game.give…I tried it exactly the way you said…

How do i see the item database? Not a modder not that good at that stuff.

No sure on minor update 3 downloading it now ill update you when i get a chance do install thanks.

I think so, yes. I typed it exactly how I wrote it above, and got the item.

There’s a well written guide inside the Grim Dawn installation directory, it details how to extract it through the Asset Manager. You could then afterwards check GrimDawn/database/records, and mods/gdx?/… for expansions.

Interested in trying out this mod on my Steam Deck.
Is there a way to remove “New Caravan & Inventory (Extreme Edition)” as it doesn’t work that well on a small display. Thanks!

“New Caravan & Inventory (Extreme Edition)” is already optional, so when you download the mod, you just have to not install it, that’s all! Nevermind, wrong mod, sorry. I will look into it.

Here you go, I quickly removed it. Not tested, though.

Ultimate | Diablo 3

1 Like

Seems to work just fine! Thank you!

I’m having so much fun with this mod but it suddenly started to crash in Underworld maps. First it was Ashes where it crashed twice and now it just crashed on the map before ashes during that boss fight that unlocks the rift.

It’s been playing beautifully for 12+ hours. Coincidentally, all the crashes have happened since I unlocked Vengeance on my DH/monk combo… but surely that can’t be it? Either way, I’ll play a bit more and avoiding that map and see if it’ll crash for me elsewhere. Would be heartbreaking if I can’t finish the story!

I’ll inform if it keeps crashing outside of Underworld, because then it would seem it’s Vengeance related after all…

Edit: Suddenly crashing on Dravin as well (the desert boss). Killed him 4 times before without having access to Vengeance… Anyone else reported issue with that skill? Also, readme states the diablo 3 mod is at 3.9 while the download section here says 4.0. I’ll assume it was just forgotten to update the readme.

I’m using Chakrams, two monk auras (healing + conviction), Shadow Power, Vengeance and auto attack exclusively. No other skills. The only alternative would seem that the crash comes from an item proc? Maybe Vengeance’ Side Guns are interacting weirdly with something?

Edit2: Had Vengeance turned off, still crashed (Mystic River). It’s weird how after it working fine for intense use 2 days straight, it’s suddenly just crashing for me. I’m trying to figure out what changed…

Edit3: Wasn’t even in combat when I crashed this time (at the lectern where you can increase encounter in Ashes…) One thing that’s different now from before all the crashes, I just realized, is that my favor with the gods is very high while it was very low for many hours :thinking: But otherwise I just can’t get a grasp on the crashing.

Edit4: Some more elaboration on the crashes. The screen freezes (stops responding), the sounds play for 10-20 seconds longer. Clicking the screen will give the “program not responding” from windows, choosing to shut it down generates the GD crash report. Sadly this report isn’t of much use at all.
I have 32 GB ram and an Nvidia 2080 Super, game runs smoothly at 60 FPS (Vsync) except for rare occasions (such as the urn-spam areas). Temps stay below 60c as well.

Thanks for the long write-up! The current Diablo 3 version is 4.0, I just forgot to update the readme. There is actually a newer patch, but I want to wait until Grimer releases version 4.1, since updating takes quite some effort. Their mod is also not the cause of the crash, I’m sure.

Since the crash happens everywhere and at any time, I will simply assume that it is caused by the random god events and corruption mechanic.

Can you look up if your corruption is maxed out (in the faction tab)? This normally takes a long while to build up, so that could be the cause. If yes, you could try to lower it through the squirrel dialog option (e.g. donating 50 000 Iron Bits), and see if this fixes it.

I was progressing through those hours with blessings enabled all the time. Eventually things got a bit hard sometimes with the level of corruption. Decided to buyout the favor and corruption completely. The crashes definitely happened after I did that.

The very first crash I remember quite clearly. The sound from a god event was playing where they reward you. The blue tornado effect played and I was expecting items to pop there. But instead it froze.

However, the crashes after that, no god event was audiovisually triggered, so I assumed it was something else. Since I managed to rule out both vengeance and item procs (non-combat that one crash at the lectern), it can’t be those either.

Coincidentally, no god event actually happened since that first crash, which I suppose increases the likelihood that it’s related. Then again the crashes have typically been between 5-15 minutes. So perhaps not enough time elapses for them to trigger?

The next time I log in, I’ll immediately note down the favor/corruption status.

I like the mod a lot so I’m willing to brute force test until I exhaust test options. I wish it was possible to read the mini dump that comes with it. Windows Event Viewer only states unexpected application hang. I also checked the video drivers to be up to date (it didn’t crash before though so why would it now?)

I changed out equipment somewhere between the non-crashes and crashes, so I could try unequipping gear… But this really seems like a far fetch. Unless there are item procs that trigger in combat and then can expire out of combat.

I could try playing for a bit without grim internals now that I think about it! Worth a shot.

I’ll be busy today but I should be able to squeeze out time for it within the next 24h.

P.s. I’ve been stuck in Passage 1 for 3 hours before looking up a video to get out of it. I didn’t mind it that much at all because of the music in it. Restarted it a few times too because first time a gold chest wouldn’t unlock (bosses killed in wrong order and there was also a god event spamming monsters during the chest event)

The snowy area was comparatively 100x easier to find for me, the guy in the video had trouble (I think you were in the stream chat, also with the tile puzzle :wink: )

Also I somehow still have the base 15 devotion points… I guess I’ve been slacking way too much in favor of progressing the story.

Anyway, update in <24h

This is from the moment I logged in.

I proceeded to stand idle in town (Edge of Eternity) for an hour. No crash
I proceeded to stand idle in Outpost for an hour (For god event triggering). No crash, only witnessed a positive god event that spawned friendly monsters.
I proceeded to go to Underworld. Crash in less than 2 minutes.

All within the same game, no restart or anything, no settings changed since yesterday because I wanted to get reliable results.

Next up, I’ll try it without Grim Internals, I’ll continue editing this post with my findings unless someone else has posted.