[Mod] Nydiamar

He is new start from NYD to 21level. but don’t know why when he start play will in Jail.

Maybe it has to do with the level reward token you start with. You’re not supposed to put that in the storage or delete it. But I’m not sure if that’s what’s happened.

Or maybe he accidentally started normal GD with that character after playing it in Nydiamar, corrupting it?

The Capture Apparatus can be used to capture some of the bosses. If you go to Edge of Eternity (your hub), there is a portal that leads to Sedaah Ruins, where everything is explained. You can also read this post!

As for your friend, I notice that they already left the prison once, but there is no main quest active. They also should have unlocked the portal if they progressed the first 60 seconds to portal out. Since this is not the case, I guess they messed up by loading the wrong mod (even this is unlikely)? Have to redo the character in this case, the door only unlocks with level 1 characters.

You have to find the correct path. As already said, read the hint you got, or instead check the solution here.

1 Like

Re-Upload

Changes:

• Where the Time Goes
    • Modified the Mutator (Monsters) — -500% Health Points > -100% Health Points
  • Updated the Affixes for Uniques mod
  • Updated the Diablo 3 Classes mod by Grimer

Patch below updates the Diablo 3 Classes to version 4.1 U1.

EDIT: Updated to version 4.1 U2.

[Patch for 4.1 U2 | Diablo 3 Classes | ALL VERSIONS — Size: ~180 MB]

Follow the instructions from the Opening Post!

3 Likes

You can find the entrance to this area in Passage I . It does not require any entrance fee, but you need to be at least Level 50 to gain access.

I have been running Passage I about ten times and i have not been able to find entrance to Dunnart swamp…any help? Thank you

It could be that for some ridiculous reason the portal simply won’t move to where it should. This was reported a while ago, and I thought I fixed it after then, but apparently not … I will change it into a static position with the next update, though.

For now, you might have to cheat if you really want to check it out, though you won’t miss out on that much, so feel free to skip it. When you access the area, open the in-game console and type “character.warpcursor true”, and false to turn it off again. The portal is outside the accessible area to your right when entering the Passage I, roughly between the entrance and the exit, and does have a map marker when getting close.

ok thanks. I have managed via console to get close to portal, but anyway after turning it “false” the way is blocked and i can not click it.

Oh, I meant that after you went through the portal, you can turn it off with false again. The portal itself should always be unlocked.

Hello dear TT300,
First of all thanks for your work! This is exactly the files I need to finally translate Nydiamar into German.
Unfortunately I could not find the file in which the items from Nydiamar are listed.
Isn’t the file there or can you tell me what name it has?
MFG Ralf

I’ve been playing this mod on my Steam Deck, and I’ve been running into issues where the game completely locks up. I’ve tired all three start up options (32 bit, 64 bit, and 32 bit with DX9). I’ve also tried a previous version of Proton but still getting lockups happening. I’ve also lowered the graphics settings bit still getting lockups. Is there any lodging or debugging that can be done to help troubleshoot this more?

Thanks for considering translating the mod! The files you are looking for all begin with text_, though they are very unorganized unfortunately, since this is how I went about with this mod.

@TheGyzer Not sure what could be causing the crash. I know for certain that a crash will eventually happen on exiting the game / back to the menu after a while (still working on it), but the mod itself should not crash during normal gameplay. It might freeze inside the “endless” dungeons if too many enemies are spawned though. I don’t know about debugging, unfortunately.

Thank you for that info. I’ve experienced the exit one you mentioned. I’ve turned on the performance overlay to see if that might give me a clue as to what’s going on when the game locks up. If I find anything I’ll let you know.

I have been working on a new map every now and then, due to my discovery of the awesome Snap To Grid option in the Editor after all these years of working with it — think of the effort it took me to adjust everything as precisely as I did for some maps without this option, would have saved me so much time.

The new map will be a large mansion with some twists to it, namely some plays with the scaling (> if < this works, it will blow you away), see the Counter Strike map Rats, and a new tile game, where you have to find the hidden trap door to continue. Maybe also something involving bashing down doors with fake doors mixed in (see Takeshi’s Castle), since that’s so satisfying. Though these are just ideas for now.

I also want to update the mini map of Nydiamar, so that it looks like the base game with clear paths, now that we got that figured out too. This requires some effort, since I have to check and fix the impassable layer of ALL maps, and Nydiamar is quite big by now.

If and when I ever will finish this update, no idea. Burnout is a real issue, and the mod is already finished, so I only work occasionally on it and only for the fun. That’s all, I actually only wanted to share the shot of the new map, because it looks kinda cool.

4 Likes

When I start a character in the mod, level it (in the mod) and choose a mastery at level 2 or higher, then quit the game and try to play with that character, I get the message “You can not use an existing character to play this version of Nydiamar.” I’m not sure what this means. I created the character in Nydiamar and never used it in any other mod. Any help would be most appreciated!

I guess you start again inside the prison cell when you log in with your character, despite having accessed the main hub already (Edge of Eternity)? That should normally not happen, there is a respawn point at the main hub, though very rarely that one won’t trigger for some insane reason, so you simply have to teleport out of the prison (to the Edge of Eternity Riftgate, which should be unlocked).

Thanks for your quick reply. I didn’t see any way to teleport out of the prison, but what worked was to complete the first quest – in other words, progress all the way through the starting area with zombies, etc. At some point I was able to return back to the main camp, and then logging out and logging back in didn’t cause the same error. So when creating any new character within the mod, it seems you have to play for a little while to get to the point where it’s safe to quit the game.

I am really happy to see that you’re still enjoying working on Nydiamar. It’s by far my favorite Grim Dawn mod and in my top 3 as a mod for any game.

Snap to grid is a godsend on the many game map editors I used for all the various games I played.

1 Like

Talking about mods, I’m currently playing through Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos, and I’m blown away by the amount of effort that went into it. I urge anyone to give it a try, and also to use the polish voice over, since they actually used professional voice actors.

I take the opportunity to show off the map, since I already finished it two weeks ago and completely forgot about it. I want to bundle the update with other stuff, so releasing it might take me until next year, no reason to hold off then.

Mansion, a quite normal area. Many won’t really care about this, but I took a lot of care to fill it up to the brim with details while avoiding any repetition.

The ‘Rats’ area is working incredibly well, personally I think this might be the coolest area the mod will have to offer. Everything is scaled up, the whole room has the size of six regions (scrolling up you can see their size in the layout view). It required a bit of trickery to hold up the illusion, since all objects you can see are only cosmetic, but you should never notice, the pathing and hit boxes are perfect. Try to guess the path leading to the exit!

The basement is a simple tile game where you have to find the ladder/exit, which appears on a random tile. There are overall four basement levels. Clearing all tiles yields some worthy reward.

This is an area resolving around bashing in doors. Some doors are fake, so you have to find the correct path while being chased by invincible Nemeses scaled down, of course. Fun!

2 Likes

Really earned the status of: Standalone Expansion Campaign
Such a great mod, big thanks for your work !

1 Like

@Van_Houck really great mod. I know multiplayer Is not yet playable(or Better said buggy since i did played It with a friend surpassing certain bugs of him not being teleported to specific locations putting down Rift etc etc) but in the long go do you plan to implement It fully? If not it’s ok but It would really be nice to see, Just like Reign of Terror devs did.

Edit: i have a question regarding patching this mod with the affixes modification. The instructions comes with this picture here regarding the assetmanager.exe settings but in my mods folder there’s no gdx2. Do i have to copy and paste gdx2 folder from the main GD directory inside the mods folder to do this?That’s the only thing not clear to me.

AM