[Mod] Reign of Terror

I have same issue but with helms. Has a place to farm each item?
Oh, where I find mysterious boy?

4s shields cannot be found at vendors, only dropped on late NM / Hell difficulty (66 ilvl). Best place is the Cow Level and then areas with lots of breakables or mobs like Ancient Tunnels, Halls of Vaught, Bloody Foothills and various ruins in Kurast to name a few.

If you’re talking about Wirt then he can spawn only in Act 1-2, has around 40 different spawn locations in total. Some of them are documented on the RoT Wiki.

@Ram
thanks for answer to the socket Items, i try to get one NM act5 Vaught.
a question for you, can the resistance types Vitality, Chaos, Piercing, Bleeding be neglected in RoT? I haven’t really been able to spot monster groups with this damg and just wanted to focus on elemental, poisen and magic resistance. Is it correct?
Thank you

That assumption is correct for the base Act1-Act5 content, however you will need all GD resist types if you decide to try hidden uber bosses or Shattered Realm on Hell difficulty.

You get more bags the more you progress, this is normal.

Goblins are rare yes, 5 per game, or 1 per Act. This is intended as the key to the cow level drops from Goblins. The cow level has IMO very generous loot. That is why Goblins are rare. We have no plans to change this.

Hotfix 0.6.2.1 released.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.2.1.7z (464 MB) Google Drive

Installation:

• Drag and drop “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.2.1.7z) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Make sure to complete Siege on Harrogath quest if it’s active prior installation of the hotfix
  • Hotfix 0.6.2.1 is compatible only with Forgotten Gods expansion and Reign Of Terror version 0.6.1.5 or higher
  • Hotfix 0.6.2.1 contains data from previous updates 0.6.1.5b - 0.6.2.0

Changelog:

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

Changes by @Uncensored, Fluffy Unicorn and Owlheart

Text / Ui / QoL

• Added downgrade recipe for Pyrite and Onyx to Horadric Cube
  • Fixed Grim Dawn Class descriptions
  • Added new UI and sounds for Health and Mana potions
  • Added “Ice Nova, Thunder Nova, and Fire Nova” to Assassin’s Blades of Ice, Claws of Thunder, and Fists of Fire.
  • Made sure current versions read Normal / Nightmare / Hell / Normal+ (0.6.2.1)
  • Added proper names to each skill that has a “Celestial Power” that was missing.

Maps

• Redesigned Sewers Level 3 with a new layout to limit backtracking, and putting Radament’s Spawns closer together for easier navigation.
  • Minor Fixes to Sewers 1 and 2. Removed blockers for better navigation and to limit backtracking.
  • Added Hitboxes on Pipes, Borders, and Walls to prevent undesired pathing
  • Fixed Uber Duriels arena where players would get stuck do to bone hitboxes
  • Remapped Edge of Hell map to fix an issue with Cthulhu falling through the map floor.
  • Maggot Lair got extra hitboxes to fix any out of bounds problems
  • Removed a few doors and walls from Liliths arena to avoid potential exploitations during her fight
  • Maltron’s Den got more detail ground painting
  • Added hitboxes in Halls of Pain / Vaught on Walls and pillars to prevent loot and pathing in undesired places.
  • Fixed an issue with Tal Rasha’s Tomb being unpathable

Monsters

• Removed duration damage from all Uber / Hidden Uber skills

• We are still listening to all feedback that comes in about Ubers / Hidden Ubers. We will continue to work with the community to make these fun, dynamic, but hard fights. This is part of our endgame, this should not be a walk in the park.

Uber Trist

• Removed their stationary position, You can now be chased without limits. Be aware of your surrounding while fleeing as you may just pull another Uber towards you.

Baba Yaga

• Removed Obsidian Prison Skill
  • Added new skill “BloodOil” which does “Bleed” damage and applies a “Fumble” curse if the player chooses to ignore it and stand in its pool
  • Added new “Aeonshourglass” FX to Sigil of Destruction skill when activated
  • Added new “Hellhound” FX to Spawning Portals
  • Added more orbs to “BloodOrb” to make it more noticeable, while reducing damage to prevent instant kills
  • Reduced Portal spawns to a limit of 1
  • Reduced Bats resistance for easier kills

Viserion

• Removed Mana Leech from “Blizzard” and “Skyshard” skills and replaced it with a “Fumble” curse if you get hit.

Moloch

• Changed meshs and animations of Moloch that was causing bugs
  • Increased Movement Speed
  • Added “Obsidian Cluster Prison” skill which does a “Stun” and “Mana Leech” on players who are too far away. GET BACK IN THE FIGHT!
  • Added a Teleport skill
  • Reduced damage on “Skyshard” skill
  • Lowered Cluster and Zombie Resistances
  • Obsidian Clusters that spawn Zombies, now have the ability to health Molach. Its best you kill these quickly.

Deathclaw

• Added “Deadly” traps near the doors, activated by a player standing in the same spot for too long. This is to make players fight INSIDE the arena as the fight was intended.
  • Added Mana Leech to spike traps to have players use the PLATFORMS as they were intended to be used.

Skeleton King

• Reduced the amount of Orbs that spawn. Making them more able to be dodged.
  • Removed “Stun” from Orbs, added a “Fumble” Curse and minor cold damage instead.
  • Removed the Portcullis from the entrance to fix players getting locked in on Normal / Nightmare game modes.

Gorgona

• Was better “Tuned” to prevent Instant Kills with Hits and Missiles

Brutalus

• Reduced damage of “Fire Traps”

Crystalisk

• Reduced resistances of “Burning Souls” to make them easier to kill.

Lilith

• Added a new controller “Pursuit” to avoid any potential exploitations.

Skills:

Assassin

Trap Rework!
Wanted to really dissect how traps and pets work. A lot of people enjoy trap and pet builds, so these changes should give everyone a new playstyle to not only try and play, but to be able to play endgame with them as well.

Shock Web

• Increased damage by 100% up to level 20, with higher scaling after 20
  • Reduced cooldown time (.6 seconds down to .4 seconds)
  • Increased projectile speed 1% per level, up to a max of 20% increased projectile speed
  • Increased Explosion Radius by 1 (2.0 meters to 3.0 meters)
  • Instead of increasing projectile numbers it has a base of 9 at all levels

Charged Bolt Sentry.

• Added 15% Weapon Damage
  • Reduced Alive time from 30 seconds down to 10 seconds
  • Added 1% Projectile speed per level up to a max of 20%
  • Reduced Animation time (Time from casting to first attack) from 5 seconds down to 2 seconds
  • Decreased the time between attacks from 1.2 seconds down to .2 seconds
  • Increased trap rotation speed by 100% (Doubled)
  • Increased Mana Cost by 50% at every level
  • Increased pet speed by 5x.
  • Added 15% lightning damage per level
  • Increased Lightning Damage by 150% up to level 20, with higher scaling after 20

Lightning Sentry

• Decreased alive time from 30 seconds down to 15
  • Increased Mana Cost by 50% at every level
  • Reduced Animation time (Time from casting to first attack) from 5 seconds down to 2 seconds
  • Decreased time between attacks from 1.2 seconds down to .2 seconds
  • Added 1% increased projectile speed per level, up to a max of 30% increased projectile speed
  • Increased damage by 400% (4x) up to level 20, with higher scaling after 20
  • Increased trap rotation speed by 100% (doubled)
  • Added 15% Lightning damage per level
  • Add 7% - 12% reduction to enemy’s health at all levels

Death Sentry

• Reduced Animation time (Time from casting to first attack) from 5 seconds down to 1.5 seconds
  • Increased rotation speed roughly 50%
  • Decreased attack time from 1.2 seconds down to .2 seconds
  • Decreased “Corpse Explosion” attack from 5 seconds down to 3 seconds
  • Increased “Corpse Explosion” chance from 20% up to 50%
  • Added increased projectile speed 1% per level up to 20%
  • Increased Damage of Lightning bolt by 100%
  • Increased Passive Lightning modifier by 8% at all levels

“Corpse Explosion”

• Cooldown time decreased from 5 seconds down to 3 seconds
  • Increased explosion radius slightly (.1 meter per level AFTER 20)
  • Completely got rid of the physical damage and increased the fire damage to compensate for this. (This was to make converting damage types easier for traps)
  • Added 10% - 15% reduction to enemy’s health at all levels

Fire Blast

• Doubled damage up to level 20, with higher scaling past 20
  • Increased explosion radius from 2.5 meters up to 3.5 meters

Wave of Fire

• Removed skill recharge time (old 1.2 seconds)
  • Decreased Wave time from 3.5 seconds down to 1 second, resulting in faster waves
  • Decreased Wave distance from 18 meters down to 15 meters, resulting in even faster waves
  • Increased Damage by 500% up to level 20, higher scaling after 20
  • Added 30% fire damage per level
  • Added 7% - 12% reduction to enemy’s health at all levels

Wake of Inferno

• Reduced Animation time (Time from casting to first attack) from 5 seconds, down to 2 seconds
  • Reduced skill attack time from 1.2 seconds, down to .2 seconds
  • Increased pet speed by 10x
  • Reduced Wave time from 2 seconds down to .5 seconds, resulting in faster “Waves”
  • Increased damage 500% (5x) up to level 20, with high scaling after 20
  • Added 30% Fire damage modifier per level
  • Added 7%-12% damage to current life at all levels
  • Added 10% damage modifier at all levels
  • Reduced trap alive time from 30 seconds down to 15 seconds
  • Increased mana cost 75% across the board

Burst of Speed

• Increased Cooldown Recovery from .1% per level to .5% per level

Dragon Talon

• Removed Deadly Strike Completely
  • Removed Total Damage Modified
  • Increased Minimum targets from 1 up to 2
  • Increased weapon damage slightly to help “compensate” for the loss of Deadly Strike and Total Damage Modified

Dragon Tail

• Added a 1.0 second stun at every level
  • Removed Deadly Strike at every level
  • Increased % Fire Damage at every level

Blades of Ice

• Increased Weapon Damage by 10% at every level
  • Increased damage of attack and “Ice Nova” by 5% at every level

Claws of Thunder

• Increased damage of attack and “Thunder Nova” by 10% at every level

Sorceress
Hydra

• Reduced Animation time (Time from casting to first attack) from 5 seconds down to 1.5 seconds
  • Added an Explosion radius to Hydra’s fireball projectile of 2.0 meters
  • Added 1% increased projectile speed per level up to 30%
  • Increased Fireball damage by 300% (3x) up to level 20 with high scaling after 20

Paladin
Holy Shield

• The goal is to make “Sword and Board” a more viable and appealing option.
  • Added 5% to all damage up to a max of 100%, making any build being able to benefit from this skill
  • Removed the mana cost, added a mana reserve cost
  • Increased Defense to +10 per level up to 20, with higher scaling after 20
  • Added 1% Block Recovery Chance per level up to 20% with higher scaling after 20. Up to a max of 32%
  • Added 1% Defense per level
  • Increased Physical damage by 100% up to level 20, with higher scaling past 20
  • Increased Retaliation damage by 50% up to level 20, with higher scaling past 20

Charge

• Replaced Stun for 1.0 second with Knockdown for 1.0 second
  • Increased Movement Speed from 100% up to 250% movement speed
  • Decreased cooldown time between charges from 2 seconds down to 1.5 seconds
  • Increased charge distance from 20 meters to 25 meters

Barbarian

• Increased Speed
  • Reduced CDR from 1% per level down to .5% per level to match Assassin’s

Druid
Rabies:

• Increased duration from 5 seconds up to 6 seconds
  • Added Flat Acid damage at all levels
  • Added % Current Life Damage scaling
  • Added Poison Damage % modifier at every level
  • Added Acid & Poison RR scaling

Armageddon

• Increased the number of base projectiles from 1 up to 3 making the skill feel more like a “Armageddon”

Items
Medusa’s Gaze

• Increased the base physical damage to 106 physical damage
  • Added a flat defense amount
  • Added % Block Chance

Fortitude (All Versions)

• Added missing Bleeding Resistance
  • Increased All Damage %
2 Likes

Think I remember seeing this before, but if I’m not mistaken that mod hadn’t been worked on for a while, so wouldn’t be compatible with all the latest expansions. I was really asking about pulling from this mod specifically. He mentioned pulling the maps would be hard (tile by tile), but I thought the items I had mentioned were their own bits of code so possibly easier to separate out.

Treat it like the GD necromancer pet that explodes on contact?

I want to thank you for this wonderful mod. Much better and more polished than recently released games (Wolcen coff coff).

1 Like

You are mistaken, that mod worked always.

Another noob question. How to refresh vendors?

0.6.2.1 links have been updated with a hotfix 10 minutes ago so if you downloaded them earlier today and find Council Member’s Hydra skill to be too OP then re-download the update. RoT dev team apologizes for the incovenience.

Teleport to another Act town, check a vendor there and go back to the first vendor. That’s probably the fastest way to do it.

Hey, I have a question about crafting. I was looking to craft some Daggers for my leveling, after I made about 20 I noticed I did not get any of the new class mods. After that I used the console to get some gold, bought a ton of scraps and crafted roughly 300 items total (Rings, Amulets, Caster Off-Hands, Daggers/Sceptres). I noticed that I did not get a single Wand and none of the hundreds of items had any new class mods, it was all original GD class mods. Is that intended to be that way or is there some sort of limitation when it comes to crafting stuff? I was just crafting the very basic blue recipe that makes a yellow from time to time. It felt weird that none of the crafted gear had any new class mods so I thought I should mention it

Magic / rare items with D2 skill bonuses can be dropped or bought from vendors. Currently implemented only for these item types:
Amulet, rings, medals, chest, waist, head, bows and javelins.

This mod is a masterpiece, thanks for all the hard work and polishing behind it, can really see the dedication and care

Can you tell how much time (more or less) it will take to reach 1.0 ?
Just to have an approximate “date”

Thanks

My estimate is another 1,5 years of work with 2-3 active devs. However, there is no way of telling how many devs is the mod going to have in the future so consider this a bare minimum.

2 Likes

So if I understand that correctly, that means that D2 skills will not show up on crafted gear? Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Amazing mod Ram!

However and don’t take it personally, but as long as GD content/classes are included, I will barely touch the mod. Make it as close to the original as possible: GD is GD, Reign of Terror is D2 IN the GD engine.

Hi, fabulous mod, I have a ton of fun the last days.

Playing as a Paladin on Normal:
I had lots and lots of trouble with the council (uniques and their minions): They where so fast and their hydras seem to make a shitload of damage, my Pala was barely able to hit the minions or a council member once or twice before dying. I respecced into different skills (vengeance, zeal, blessed hammer, different auras etc.) and lastly managed to kill them with Fist of Heaven - but only by “dying through” them with at least 20 deaths in Travincal and 10-15 deaths in the last level of Durance of Hate. Mephisto afterwards was a peace of cake, I could nearly face tank him. And everything in Act IV until Chaos Sanctuary (that’s my actual position) was no problem to clear with no big hurdles.

Ah, before anyone asks, elemental and poison resitances where up to 75%, Insight-runeworded weapon and some unique and rare equipment, all updated with components, so at least not a total noob char.
Maybe it’s only me and I’m just to stupid to play, but I gave my very best :slight_smile: I played a lot of D2-LoD, and I remember the council beeing hard, but this was a little bit too much for my liking - especially on normal…

Hello!
First of all, amazing mod, thank you a lot for all your efforts.

I just wanted to say, on risk of having my character nerfed, that I’m finding the skill Hurricane way too overpowered so far.

I’ve just finished normal, and the other damage skills are NOWHERE near the amount of damage Hurricane can ditch. At level 40, 20/20 Hurricane, without focusing too much on damage (I had like 250% inc cold and lightning?) I was doing like 25-30k per hit, while other skills were barely able to reach like 2-3k. I know that hurricane doesn’t hit as fast as other skills can (just once per sec), but DPS was insanely higher as well. And I tried to respec to every single skill from both the druid and the sorc (my classes) to make sure.

I literally just completed the game last night and up until Baal, all the trash mobs were instantly deleted as soon as they got into the Hurricane range (which is pretty big). The heroes didn’t last much either, maybe like 2 hits.

As I said maybe I’m shooting myself on the foot right now, or maybe I haven’t played enough and it turns out to be trash later, but so far it’s feeling a bit overpowered, in my experience.

Thank you!