[Mod] Reign of Terror

There are varies versions, this versions applies when you get attacked. Some when you attack, some only when you crit.

Low lvl d2 sets cannot be transmuted to others sets atm. This will be fixed next patch.

So far there seem to be no issues. Things that have been adjusted in RoT simply wont get updated (like kraken devotion, or various gd class skills).

Thanks for the heads up!

Hello, this mod is fantastic! Thank you for all of the time you put into this. Playing this mod on my downtime between midterms is keeping me sane lol.

I was curious, is it possible to somehow merge the masteries from dawn of masteries with this mod so that there would be more masteries?

I’m not sure of how the modding process work in this game, so forgive my naivety.

It certainly is possible, however you will have a very hard time finding someone willing to do such task so your best chance is to start learning how to do it yourself.

Do you know of any guides or a good starting place?

Here, as always.

I am keen for Rot dom But…you will have so many balancing issues to get it into line of rot difficulty.I play dom and it’s a lot easier than rot in my opinion so even if you merge the 2 mods it will take months to get it inline with rot.But if you can pull it off.

SHARE!!!:grin:

I would like to see that happening aswell :yum:

Thank you! I’ll probably work on it intermittently as classes have me busy the majority of the time. If I manage to pull it off I’ll definitely share after permission from both devs.

I’ve seen others mention balancing issues, which I probably wouldn’t prioritize since that’s a huge task on it’s own lol. I had unpacked are files yesterday, so I have to learn how to add masteries by messing around

I keep getting an error on the 6.1.5 version that says it’s either in an unrecognized format or damaged. I’ve downloaded it across all three filehosts (google, gofile, and torrent). Could someone confirm if I’m going crazy, and if so what i should do about it?

Try using more recent version of your archiver tool.

1 Like

Hi! I’m currently enjoying the mod so far, dumped 250+ hours into it already and so far having a blast. Just finished Act 6 on Hell, and starting out my Trials (bit overwhelming though!).

Does anyone have a database of drops in the game for items? I have a few MI’s I wanted to farm, and I find that some of them has potential to be BIS. Creepingly Comfortable Skin is the only one I’m looking for actually, but a database would be very helpful.

The RoT discord has a channel with all the newly made MI’s posted and which monster drop them.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

Are gd items removed yet?

No, and they won’t be

2 Likes

I never understood this logic. No pants. No shoulders. No relics. The majority of components would be gone. Many sets are gone, lots of the off-hands are gone too. The very suggestion is ridiculous.

It’s as if Ram and everyone who worked on the mod built the best log cabin–with insulation, running water, electricity. “But log cabins didn’t have running water or electricity or insulation! I want my bare bones log cabin!”

Just don’t use them I guess? The way I see it this mod is pretty comfy.

There more to it then that. Ram intended this initially as a faithful d2 remake, so yes, no pants, no shoulders. Which doesnt matter if the other items are fine. You can simply set those slots to never be hit and you wont notice it either for having no armor there.
As more devs joined the team and D2R was announced, a different direction made more sense. Some people want it straight up a d2 remake, some people enjoy this hybrid.
Those who want the pure d2 experience though… I’d now recommend just get D2R :grin:

I recently did a clean new install of GD and decided to give this mod another go.

I was surprised when I didn’t get a free mercenary as before while questing in Normal A2. There’s of course the chance that I just deleted it on accident, but normally I’m paying some attention to the rewards :thinking: I did get the one from A1 though.

Act 2 merc always had to be purchased no changes there. The only ones you get as a quest reward are from Act 1 and Act 3.