[Mod] Reign of Terror

A little tip, in case you hadn’t noticed. In River of Flame, avoid all the void-stone gates. Those indicate additional side areas. If you dont go through any of them, you have a more straight-forward path.

The maps also are static so you basically just need to go through an area once and you know where all the spots are.

Good to know. Yeah I just been just rushing through those maps. Most objectives, portals, etc are pretty much at or near the end of the maps most of the time so that has helped.

Next is to figure out the mechanics a bit more, this mod isn’t quite Grim Dawn and not quite Diablo 2 so it’s tough to gauge. I mean Grim Dawn is tough mechanically to begin with so that doesn’t help, lol.

Would joining the Discord channel be a good idea to get some tips?

Thanks for all the feedback much appreciated.

Yes, there quite a number of people always happy to give pointers, gear suggestions and where to get gear. It’s also the fastest way to get replies usually.

The “Prevent Monster Heal” buff shows applying " when hit" , shouldn’t it be “on attack” ? Or it’s supposed to work like this ?

Hey everyone. Long time lurker here. Thanks for the mod!

I have a problem transmuting any piece of the Sigon’s set into something of a different set.

-Regardless of the piece, the game goes black, hangs, and I need to alt-tab to close it.
-I can transmute any piece of the Sigon set into everything of the same set.
-I don’t seem to have any problems transmuting any other set into another–Just Sigon.
-The pieces are found naturally, not spawned in from GDStash or anything like that.

I’ve restarted the game, restarted my PC, verified the GD install (no problems there), deleted RoT completely and reinstalled with a fresh download. I extracted it with WinRAR. Still having the same problem.

Any ideas?

It’s not only the Sigon set, some diablo 2 sets with low level requirement have this issue, (like cathan set) cause the loot pool doesn’t comply with them low level items, this problem will be fixed next patch, i read it on the discord group, you can do the same if you’re interested. Overall it’s not your problem, it’s the mod.

Also they transmute into their own set pieces just fine. no pain at all.

Ok i’ve got it, the reason it’s showed that way is the game mechanic works that way, it’s a buff with negative numbers, same way with all the negative auras like paladin’s conviction aura. All the character ability alterations can only be applied this way, for it’s not on the offensive menu.

I’m very curious about the mod’s current state after the GD patch. Afterall it’s a mod with it’s own thing, not like other mods that work with the basic game files. Right now i’m playing just fine, so i guess it’s not that much of a deal.

There are varies versions, this versions applies when you get attacked. Some when you attack, some only when you crit.

Low lvl d2 sets cannot be transmuted to others sets atm. This will be fixed next patch.

So far there seem to be no issues. Things that have been adjusted in RoT simply wont get updated (like kraken devotion, or various gd class skills).

Thanks for the heads up!

Hello, this mod is fantastic! Thank you for all of the time you put into this. Playing this mod on my downtime between midterms is keeping me sane lol.

I was curious, is it possible to somehow merge the masteries from dawn of masteries with this mod so that there would be more masteries?

I’m not sure of how the modding process work in this game, so forgive my naivety.

It certainly is possible, however you will have a very hard time finding someone willing to do such task so your best chance is to start learning how to do it yourself.

Do you know of any guides or a good starting place?

Here, as always.

I am keen for Rot dom But…you will have so many balancing issues to get it into line of rot difficulty.I play dom and it’s a lot easier than rot in my opinion so even if you merge the 2 mods it will take months to get it inline with rot.But if you can pull it off.

SHARE!!!:grin:

I would like to see that happening aswell :yum:

Thank you! I’ll probably work on it intermittently as classes have me busy the majority of the time. If I manage to pull it off I’ll definitely share after permission from both devs.

I’ve seen others mention balancing issues, which I probably wouldn’t prioritize since that’s a huge task on it’s own lol. I had unpacked are files yesterday, so I have to learn how to add masteries by messing around

I keep getting an error on the 6.1.5 version that says it’s either in an unrecognized format or damaged. I’ve downloaded it across all three filehosts (google, gofile, and torrent). Could someone confirm if I’m going crazy, and if so what i should do about it?

Try using more recent version of your archiver tool.

1 Like

Hi! I’m currently enjoying the mod so far, dumped 250+ hours into it already and so far having a blast. Just finished Act 6 on Hell, and starting out my Trials (bit overwhelming though!).

Does anyone have a database of drops in the game for items? I have a few MI’s I wanted to farm, and I find that some of them has potential to be BIS. Creepingly Comfortable Skin is the only one I’m looking for actually, but a database would be very helpful.