[Mod] Reign of Terror

As you pointed out, is literally what it’s supposed to be (as closely as can be done within the GD engine).

With that said, what I believe has saved this mod from being removed by Blizzard is having the characters from Grim Dawn included so its not an actual full on rehash of D2. If it was just a total rehash with the D2 characters only, I got a strong feeling that not Ram, but Crate themselves would hear directly from Blizzard to take it down/remove it or deal with a lawsuit for it being their (intellectual property) as they did with us folks that had private wow servers back in the day. Blizzard doesn’t play around (I’ve seen it first hand when I was modding back then) and the closer it gets to being a full on Diablo2 remake, the closer it gets to Crate hearing from Blizzard. But the characters in Grim Dawn being included in the mod itself, I believe is what has saved it from Crate not being contacted by Blizzard already. We shall see…

I think so to Goober.

Personally, if it was me and Blizz came around honking on that particular horn this shit would be up on a torrent so fast it’d make their heads spin.

Let’s Play Fill In That Blank:

“I wish a _____ would!”
----19xx , some dude from da 'hood

But anyway, honestly… that’s a pretty weak “speculation” you got there. Weak enough I’d probably bet money that has absolutely nothing to do with it. If they want to go that far, the original GD characters being available has nothing to do with it. Everything else is available tho, which does have everything to do with it.

Blizzard: Oh you can select Nightblade? That’s it guys… pack it up. We can’t touch 'em cuz you can pick dis here Nightblade.

Blizzards lawyers: Looks around, rolls eyes

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you’d change your mind after talking to your lawyer

Guess you don’t know how torrents work :wink: Good luck to them proving who did anything when the mod is open-source.

It would work like this: Oh Big Bad Blizz sent me a C&D. Aww. That’s sad. Now just who in the hell took my mod and put it up on them there torrent sites? You think it could have been one amongst the thousands of people who downloaded it over the years? Maybe? Possibly? So weird? And they keep updating it! This internet age… let me tell ya, amazing stuff that.

haha there is also a mod where you can play the D3 chars in GD :slight_smile:

Why should there be a difference in using the Diablo chars in these mods WITH or WITHOUT the GD classes btw? From a “legal” perspective?

I make videos about Diablo 2, I have not heard anything from Blizzard yet. Should I be worried?

Well, while i wouldn’t cut off the possibility fully, i simply don’t believe that Blizzard really would do that. They aren’t bothered by Mods for their Games, actually quite the opposite if you think about Starcraft and Warcraft… modding and mapmaking is part of their Sellingpoints of these Games, and a mod for Grim Dawn is like a free advertisment, espacially if (and i’m pretty sure after the Warcraft 3 Reforged the possiibility is pretty high) we really get Diablo 2 Remake / Remastered one day.

The only thing which really could be problematic(and that’s why i won’t rule it out completly), is due (as far as i saw) that Dialogues and OST are ripped of the Game itself (so not “recreated” bit simply use the original data of the original Game), and if the Lawsuit of Blizzard act on that, then you can be sure that Blizzard wouldn’t have any choice because it would fiddle with their Copyright & such and no-one want to lose the rights of their own creation because they allow / don’t care that “fans” like to recreate their stuff. So i couldn’t even blame them if they do so. But in general i don’t think this will happen…

So long as no one’s charging a fee/price for anything like this I don’t think Blizzard have a leg to stand on anyway. If the product was being sold that’s a different matter.

I know people that have these things, as well as the cut scenes on YT with ads on their videos.

Ya… I don’t think that Blizz minds much anymore when it comes to their older stuff. They might do stupid stuff like be shocked that you don’t own a phone but they are smart enough sometimes to recognize some things are just better left alone.

1 Like

Someone actually exported Diablo 2 to android xD no law suits there afaik

1 Like

One guy are even busy creating Diablo 2 with starcraft engine.Blizzard contacted him and actually gave him permission to do so.I really don’t see blizzard having a problem with this.Specially consider diablo 2 are like 18 years old if i am not mistaken.

exactly, and there you have two Blizzard things in one “mod” :stuck_out_tongue: Star Craft and Diablo, its like double illegal xD

Regardless, I think it’s a topic best not dwelled upon here.

So bring it up again a day+ after the fact :thinking: I’m pretty sure that was a clear sign that we had explored the topic to our satisfaction.

You’re right, sorry.

@Ram Defered rendering causes den of evil (haven’t tried to load any other dungeons/caves yet) to only load a black screen (can still move and use menu), and attempting to change that setting while inside makes the game freeze

I checked some of the other areas in act 1 quickly and only forgotten tower (but not forgotten tower cellar) in the areas up to black mash show this behavior

Thanks for the report, will look into it.

Download:

ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar (1,5 GB) Google Drive
ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar (1,5 GB) MEGA

Installation:

• Place downloaded “ReignOfTerror” folder (located in ReignOfTerror_v0.6.0.rar) into your Grim Dawn/mods folder and overwrite all files

Notes:

• Update 0.6.0 is usable only with Forgotten Gods expansion.
  • Leveling progression was changed resulting in temporary visual bug of having XP bar “stuck”. This will get fixed once your character gains enough XP to level up.
  • This is not a standalone version. RoT 0.4.2 (or higher) is required before applying 0.6.0.
  • 0.6.0 update contains all data from previous 0.4.4 and 0.5.0 versions.

Changelog

>>>>>>> Click here to show Changelog <<<<<<<

New Content:

• Act 5 complete
  • Added 1 new hidden Uber boss (hint provided by Ram in the Shattered Conclave)
  • Added Act 5 cinematics, you can watch them by talking to Cain in Harrogath (credits: @DenisMashutikov)

Game:

• Overseer’s mind-control debuff changed to moderate duration stun
  • Increased monster level in Secret Cow Level on all difficulties
  • Reduced Hero/Boss/Uber mana leech resist

Items:

• Increased quality of runes dropped from Goblins / Ubers
  • Increased chance to drop HR rune from Pandemonium event and hidden Uber bosses
  • All Uber Tristram bosses now have 100% chance to drop either Hellfire Torch or Annihilus
  • Added new Waystones for starting at Shards 80-100 (Waystones can be crafted at Anvil)
  • Added additional hidden Uber boss class trinkets with new skills
  • New Tal Rasha’s Wand texture / fx

Map:

• New maps: Glacial Trail (WP), Frozen Tundra (WP), Infernal Pit, Ancient’s Way (WP), Arreat Summit, Worldstone Keep Lvl 1 / 2 (WP), Throne of Destruction, Worldstone Chamber

Skills:

• All offensive spells received 15% weapon damage bonus to utilize Life / Mana Leech, Crushing Blow and procs

Amazon

• Multishot: reduced weapon and flat damage bonuses
  • Strafe: increased weapon damage, reduced number of fragments

Druid

• Summon Spirit / Dire Wolf: increased max number of summons, increased damage by 40% and added chance to reduce enemy hp

Necromancer

• Lower Resist: increased % resist reduction and added magic damage type
  • Raise Skeleton: increased max number of summons, increased damage by 30% and added chance to reduce enemy hp
  • Skeletal Mage: increased max number of summons

Paladin

• Blessed Hammer: removed internal cooldown and added % aether damage bonus
  • Concentration Aura: added % cast speed bonus
  • Conviction Aura: removed fx delay, added % magic resist reduction and unified values with Necro Lower Resist curse

Bug Fixes:

• fixed various name tags
  • fixed Shattered Realm rune / facet drop
  • fixed missing textures in Frozen Tundra
  • fixed new uber boss drop
  • fixed pathing in Arreat Plateau
  • fixed Trang Oul’s set pieces
  • fixed Shadow Master skill level cap
  • fixed “black screen” bug when having the new Defered rendering enabled in some dungeons
  • fixed Necromancer’s Uber Trinket empty skill
  • fixed minimap texture in River of Flame and Chaos Sanctuary
3 Likes