[Mod] Reign of Terror

First of all: awesome work here, I have just started playing this mod and I’m loving it.
Now, I don’t know if this is the right place for these questions, but I can’t seem to find any other forums to discuss this mod and there’s some info that’s just not available on reignofterrorgd (especially for someone new to Grim Dawn, like me), so please let me know if there’s a better place for that.

Anyway, I’m trying to transfer items between characters and couldn’t find a way to do it in game. Am I missing something obvious here?

Also, do all the mechanics (+ damage percentages and such) work exactly like in GD? If not, how do things stack between items and skills and stuff? I’ve been checking some build examples on reignofterrorgd, and it doesn’t seem to add up, the damage outputs and all. I mean, sure, I’m still pretty weak and low level but still, I have maxed hydra on my sorceress and the dmg is something like 8k (which, granted, is clearing everything pretty fast so far), and the +fire dmg % bonuses are in practice much lower than if they were applied to the dmg shown on the skill (I guess the base that percentage is applied to is something else?), and then there’s the fact most skills I’ve checked for the sorceress only use 15% of the weapon dmg, so that won’t make much of a difference either. My point is, even with a LOT of +all skills items I can’t imagine damage getting that much higher (not without direct synergies between skills, which I only saw with firebolt-fireball and the like), yet the builds there claim outputs even going into the millions… what am I missing?

I’m sure if I just copy the builds there it will work as advertised, but is there somewhere I can get more in-depth info on that kind of stuff, to get a better grasp on how to come up with my own strong builds for the late game?

Purple Button at the top of the stash, That is shared stash.

Someone on the discord could explain damage calcs way better then I can, but +skills is going to net you way more damage then you think. But I assume you are going by the tooltip. Tooltip is pretty janky.

For Example. My frenzy barb tooltip is like 2.6 million dps. With Grim Internals running i’ve have a 98 million damage hit.

But the community on discord can help you out a lot more. There is a lot of smart cookies over there.

I’m wondering does this mod use custom UI elements?
Cause if so I can remove and stop using Grim UI mod, if it doesn’t then I can still use it.

Hi all, I’m having a similar problem as a previous post from 2018. My inventory was full in Act 2 sewers when the horadric scroll dropped and it disappeared without me being able to pick it up. I’ve reloaded and gone back, I’ve tried the PlayerRevokeToken HORADRIC_STAFF_INIT console command and I looked to delete the difficulty file as I saw mentioned, but wasn’t able to locate my save files. Is there any way, either through console command or other method, to get the scroll so I’m able to advance the quest? I already have the horadric cube, if that matters. My quest status is still stuck on “collect the scroll” and “take the scroll to Deckard Cain”

Thanks so much for any assistance, I can’t believe how incredible this mod is!!! The best modern D2 experience by miles!

Thank you for the tips, I will look into the discord server. About that stash button though, I do have some kind of bug where there’s apparently a missing image/button on the stash screen:

Is that where it should be? Is this a known issue?

Yes, that is where the button should be. Can you click there to switch between stashes?

Nope, nothing happens.

i’m unable to infuse GD basic component like (chilled steel , searing ember , chipped claw , etc) into a RoT only weapon like the javelin :\ , is it supposed to be like this?

RoT uses multiple custom UI elements and brand new UI is currently in works by a new dev.

You don’t really need the scroll since the following quest auto-triggers once you obtain any of the staff pieces or the cube. However, you can spawn the scroll with this console command:

game.give “records/0_rot/items/quest_items/rot_qi_horadric_scroll.dbr”

You need RoT 0.6.1.5 and 0.6.2.1 update installed together with the latest Grim Dawn (AoM + Forgotten Gods xpacks).

Will be fixed in the next update.

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much! I’m blown away by your mod and your support to the community on here!

3 Likes

An amazing mod. Made me come back to GD. Quick question though…Where can i find Atheral Crystals?
Thanks you.

Any “general goods” vendor sells them.

Is a bow a two-handed or one-handed weapon?

I’m confused, is there at least one universe in which bow is a one-handed weapon?

just clarify with the author

Plz help me…im stuck in textures under Arcane Sanctuary…What can i do to get over there?

I suppose if the bow had a magic bow string for auto firing it could be one handed.

If someone uses a bow as a melee weapon, then bow CAN be a one-handed weapon too. Green Arrow, for example.

I’ve thought a little about “Diablo-izing” the shoulders/leg slots… what about adapting some of the uniques/sets from Diablo 3? That way they’ll still be Diablo-esque, but fill those empty slots in D2.

1 Like

Sounds like you do not have AoM or FG expansion. You need all the expansions to fully play RoT

I will keep this in mind when the time arises to fill those slots.

1 Like