[Mod] Reign of Terror

Amazing!!!
The music and the skill:rolleyes:

Why not use Open Broadcaster Software like most people? :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! Keep it up.

Do you have an idea how to make Frozen Orb skill?

Thanks. Yeah, one of the best game music there is.

Thank you for this comment.

I chose the map design for the sake of time eficiency. If I made a completely new “3D” map in D2 theme, it would take at least twice as long. I certainly understand the feeling of “flatness and emptiness” in the level design, however I want to have rough act 1 maps completed in a reasonable amount of time so for now I go with this.

If I had more people working on the map then it would look different. Anyway, I may revise the level design once I have completed more locations.

Very good, it looks awesome! Cant wait to test it out!

Cheers, I plan to have the first act ready in about 3 months so hopefully I will be able to get it done.

I can understand the level design, would be good if some give you a hand on that, still, I really like what I see so far. so also can’t wait to try the mod out once its playable.

I am trying really hard to talk my friends into it but no success so far.

Perhaps, I might ask people here.

I see you are planning to add d2 classes as well. Would be good if you made a version with and without the classes

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk

If there is a demand for such version then I will consider making it.

you may gt more success here, afterall we are all GD nuts here!!!

edit

personally, I would only play thise mod with the D2 classes, wouldn’t be a real remake if they weren’t in!

Currently, Frozen Orb is 4 second summon Wisp with Ice Bolt Barrage spell.

I would assume that having the GD masteries and adding the D2 ones on top satiesfies everyone, without a need to create two versions… unless you do not want the D2 masteries to dual-class in the version that includes them, to stay truer to D2

Hit me up once you are satisfied with the sorc skills design. I am eager to test it.

There are more mastery options I am considering atm.

1. D2: LoD masteries only
  2. GD + D2:LoD masteries
  3. GD+ D2:LoD + other masteries (for example some of D3 masteries if Grimer would give me permission)

I will probably make a poll at some point.

Thumbs up also from my side! Awesome work so far. D2 is the best!

Question: are the mod tools flexible enough to duplicate the d2 itemization pre and suffixes?

Thanks.

Most of the items should be doable. The only obstacle are runewords.

However, Warebare is working on some RW system so maybe it’s possible (just in diferrent way than we are used to from D2).

I analyzed item transfer, and saw some impossible/useless bonuses:
Magic find, gold find, + X Based on Character Level, mana leech, + X to specific skilltab etc.

Some bonuses have GD equivalent.

Runewords can be recipes.

Upd.

Hydra & passives remained.

Correct, these stats are not present in GD (except energy leech).

Runeword in form of recipe is a good idea. I also want to implement bosses with more specific loot tables (i.e. farming Andariel’s Visage from Hell Andy, Griswold set from NM/Hell Gris, etc.).

Interested in seeing your Hydra skill :cool:

Btw, finally managed to persuade one of my friends to help me out with map making so we should have it completed a bit sooner. Still have to show him how to work with the editor but he already watched some of my streams so hopefully he did catch a thing or two (it’s not that complicated anyway…).

Don’t forget i’m here to help man.

Don’t worry, I’m counting on you.

I just don’t want to push you since there’s already enough on your plate :wink: