[Mod] Reign of Terror

And of course you need to farm Wirt’s leg and then go into the basement in act 1 with one of each in the basement. Don’t summon more than one portal per session or you lose the materials for no return.

Almost have Normal + completed with Holy Shock build and Thunderstorm. It was a hell of alot of fun, but it does somewhat trivialize Normal +.

For those who want to know about changes in recent patches. Act VI in particular has dramatically changed and improved monsters. Also, I enjoy the skill trees more. Better organized and more tools for various builds including masteries.

EDIT: The redesigned levels to be smaller actually makes the game play better. In particular I like Act 6 level 12 being fairly small, as there’s no quests there. Just felt better.

Act VI also has a quest fixed. Felt great!

New Grim Dawn expansion with this detail:

Become a frenzied force of destruction upon the battlefield capable of shapeshifting into vicious beastlike forms.

You could use this trait and adapt it to the druid, once you adapted this mod to the new expansion.

EDIT: I have REALLY enjoyed the new update where many NPC’s speak to you when you click on the store!

I now click on ALL the shrines I see that were extra for this mod. It’s kind of interesting. To end the boredom of same old same old.

One of the changes in the monsters of the recent patches is making the sand raiders that dual wield swords in the Act 2 sewers and elsewhere look more like the original and less like a monster from Titan Quest. When this monster is frozen it’s thorax returns, the same kind of thorax that is on spiders, behind the legs it walks on, a large extension to the body.

I can’t find where my screenshot are stored, but that should be enough.

I am in hell mode and still doing well with Holy Shock. All passive spells automatically don’t trigger any autoheal like with my druid that prevented hell completion, though I haven’t exactly tried to fix the issue with possible passive skill reassignment.

Archives from the official sources (i.e. this forum thread and RoT Discord server) are never protected by a password.

What archives are you trying to extract? If it’s 0.7.3.0 then make sure you have all 5 parts located in the same folder before extracting the .001 part and it is recommended to use the latest 7-zip or WinRar because older versions may cause issues during extraction process.

I have returned to the mod after a long time, and I can only congratulate you for your great work.
How can you vastly surpass the original game, which was already incredible? Well you have achieved it. I encourage you to continue with this project, which is sure to be a sacrifice, but personally I am enjoying a game like I haven’t done in years.

congratulations and thank you!!

thanks found the solution

Act03start.ogg
Excuse me, who plays this movie in the game?

Edit: Found it. :hugs:

Is there a cheat sheet for what each hierling’s aura actually does? I used to have a link to a wiki that would load once in 4500 tries, but I lost it. Thanks!

I would like to know if you have plans to add more acts to the mod or more content.

thank you!!

Way outdated and slow, but still has uber farming spots and stuff, so very useful.

From the guide above:

• Mercenaries:
    • Mercenaries are player scaled pets that are given or bought. They are augments that are consumed to put the summon mercenary skill onto your Medal item.
    • The merc skills will level with you so you don’t need to rebuy them, just re-summon.
    • Mercenaries will be expensive early.
    • You get 1 free from the 2nd quest in act1.
    • Getting a Prayer mercenary from act2 will solve any and all mana issues with your character and you can keep him well into hell.
    • If your character has no mana problem, a Blessed Aim merc from act2 will most likely be your best option for a while.
    • There’s no “best” merc, it depends on what you need. Eventually you can choose as such:
      • Offense:
        • Act1: any (pierce dmg & AR buff)
        • Act2: Might (physical buff), Blessed Aim (AR & critical damage)
        • Act3: any (Fire or Lightning or Cold buffs)
        • Act4: Offensive (All damage, AR & critical damage buff)
        • Act5: Battle Order (enemy DEF debuff (effective AR buff))
        • Act6: any (they have no buff but their skills deal a lot more damage than all the other mercs)
      • Defense:
        • Act2: Defiance (Defense, armor & damage absorption)
        • Act4: Defensive (all resistances)
        • Act5: Shout (BIG defense buff)
      • Support/Utility:
        • Act2: Prayer (BIG mana & health regeneration), Thorn (retaliation buff), Holy Freeze (cold damage and slowing aura debuff on enemies)
        • Act4: Support (mana & health regen, slight damage absorption)
        • Act5: Battle Command (+1 all skills buff)
1 Like

You are a fuckin champ for that, thank you. I can never get the wiki to load, and when it does, the info is ancient. I really appreciate the merc. info!

Yes, sometimes it doesn’t load at all. I keep the uber page up all the time. That way it’s always there:

Just no act 6 ubers listed, LOL.

1 Like

Think I am going to have to do the same with that uber link, you just made my life a hell of a lot easier, thanks once again.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to access the basement of the house in Tristram (for the Cow level). Can anyone help? The door is locked/closed :frowning:

Are you doing this in act 1 or the final act (1 and last are both Tristram right?)? I believe its in act 1, could totally be wrong though as its been forever. Give em both a shot.

Tristrim has Wirt’s Leg. The basement is in Act 1 town, rogue encampment. You need sufficient items to access the cows. I highly recommend saving them for hell mode when you need more experience. You’ll figure out where the tombs of town portal come from soon enough. That will give you an option to open a portal in the basement.

Endgame is also accessible from that same area AFTER you do ubers and collect the proper items yet again. Cows prep you for endgame if you have enough town portals, though like any part of the game, it can be boring to do over and over. You can collect experience anywhere you don’t grossly out level the monsters.

EDIT: Tristrim in Act 1 has Wirt’s Leg

EDIT 2: You can farm as many legs as you want on repeat visits…

I’m in the final act of normal, having just killed the boss on level 16. So that might explain my issue :smiley:

Just make sure you grab the leg when you to Tristrim to save Deckard, then you gotta pray to RNGesus a goblin spawns and drops a tomb like @D2ModPlayer mentioned. If you missed the leg im not sure how you would get it beyond starting a new game, maybe there is a console code?

Cows are no joke, and again, like @D2ModPlayer said, you probably want to use them when you are high level, the level is a huge source of exp. They can be total bastards bte, have fun!

More acts most likely not but a new dungeon and rift system (aka Shattered Realm) is currently being worked on.

2 Likes

Level 25 Runes on two items, reset attribute points where I put any extra beyond 1k strength into dexterity, improved passive damage by removing unneeded constellations, removed lycanthropy points and put them into the Grim Ward skill until it was max, and I was able to EASILY defeat Baal in a matter of seconds with 100% (was probably 60% before) chance to hit and 15% chance to critical, with my Maul Druid/Barb.

The Grim Ward was my last adjustment. Before that Baal would autoheal to 100% even if I got his health down to 50% very quickly with all the other changes.

MYSTERIOUSLY, Baal didn’t heal at all and died immediately with no explanation. It would be nice if these mechanics were less aggressive and a less powerful character could defeat Baal, especially considering it blocks you from other passives in Act VI. I was level 92.

Nightmare also had autoheal but due to the bosses being less powerful there’s always ways to work around it and kill the bosses including Baal. It’s only really a problem in Hell with some characters. It appears that I hit a DPS threshold that shattered Baal’s ability to autoheal rather than it being an actual skill or trait I had, making it completely not obvious what would kill him.

My Holy Shock build was highly successful but was better able to defeat endgame content assigning more dexterity on him as well, but it wasn’t needed at all to complete Hell since Holy Shock doesn’t need dex, though lightning storm and such did.

EDIT: I now have that SAME problem with King Leoric, but now I’ve already made my build as potent as possible so there’s no escaping the loss of a devotion point. But at least here I can continue to Diablo.

I DID use strategy and got him under 10% health only for him to heal himself to 100%

EDIT 2: Right after editing this post I defeated him. I believe it has to do with damage over time, if it’s high enough the boss doesn’t use his skills like heal. I hit him extra hard and maintained that, he failed to heal in time.