[Mod] Reign of Terror

Uh so, I just downloaded this mod, got all the patch and hotfix files, started a new game and… there are no NPCs, no monsters, no stash, no waypoint, just a big open empty map. What am I missing here?

I have no issues playing RoT with other mods installed like Grimmarillion, D3… make sure that with RoT:

• right path for Rot (/mods/RoT) follow the installation guide
  • no Grim UI installed, check /settings/ to see if there is /UI folder, delete it
  • select Custom game>RoT for newly created character

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you choose custom game and then choose the mod?

Yep, did all of that, even deleted everything and redownloaded, still empty world. I don’t know why this is being difficult for me…

Yeah, went and chose normal, started a game, went back to menu, chose custom, selected the mod and made sure it was highlighted, made new character, start game, still empty…

Oh and, by “empty” I don’t mean completely empty field, I mean the map and whatever are still there, I still see “Rogue Encampment” and “Blood Moor” when I enter those areas, but there’s nothing to interact with.

You don’t enter normal game.

• Reinstall the game, fresh, install RoT following the installation guide. Basically put the RoT into /mods/
  • Make sure that you have all DLCs
  • Create new character
  • Choose “Custom game”, choose RoT on the selection
  • Start playing
    If there were no NPC, no Quest mark then it must be something wrong in the installation process, you need to download and apply the patches as instructed on the first page.

Sounds like a faulty install, caused either by installing not all patches, or doing them in the wrong order or location, or a corrupted extraction/download.

I’d start by checking the Reignofterror folder, andcmake sure there is no ReignOfTerror folder inside of the ReignofTerror folder.

Then the most likely issue is a corrupted or faulty extraction. Happens quite often. Try downloadimg through a different browser often helps, or updating or switching the unzipping program.

But also do make sure you start with the standalone 0.7.3.0, and go from there.

~FIXED~

Hello, first of all, thank you for this mod. I am having fun playing this with my friend and we already invested 120 hours in it. But sometimes we encounter some weird issues when playing together like:

1. My character can’t access Duriel in Hell mode because the passage is blocked by rocks and I can’t put the Horadric Staff in the device (we’re already in Act 3). I am not sure if this is because I always let my friend to create/host multiplayer and let him be the one to interact/do the quest stuff, from talking to NPCs to turning in quests, everything. This results for me not being able to farm Duriel for some monster infrequent I need for endgame.
  2. Sometimes neither of us can interact with the Hellforge from Act 4. As well as neither of us can interact the trapped barbarians that needs rescuing in Act 6.

I can’t really recall but I think it’s my friend that interacted with these stuff since Normal->Nightmare->Hell. Which probably none “counted” for me as “cleared” for the Duriel prequisites. Is there any solution especially for this one?

Edit: I used the Quest Fix.zip found in the main post and used the “Act 2 End” folder and copied the contents as instructed. I am able to access Duriel’s location now. Thank you.

1 Like

Is there a Rainbow filter file for version 0.7.4.1?

Some people have made one, best bet to find one is scrolling around (or use the search function) in this topic.

Hello!
Sorry if I am in the wrong thread.
Greatly enjoying this mod!
I am wondering if there’s any drop locations for the Palashia’s set?
Specifically Legs and Shoulder pieces

I have found the weapon, offhand, Amulet, hands and chest at least +3 times each.

Anyone have any idea where this can be found?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Afaik set items in general have no affinity with certain mobs or areas. So everything from a white trash mob to an uber wb should be able to drop those, as long as they meet the level requirement.

It’s been a while since I farmed for that set, but back when the new hidden ubers for act 6 (Leoric, Butcher and that blood demon) were introduced, it felt like they dropped high-level set pieces more consistently. Might have changed or maybe it was only my subjective eperience, don’t know. Basically go for the highest bosses that you can kill quickly and are also close to a waypoint, I’m afraid that’s the best kind of advice I can give.

Hello,
I went for a few terror key runs and found some pieces for other sets which I hadn’t found, will keep farming there, thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Palashia set is a global drop as ChapterMaster explained.
Doesnt work like this for all sets though.
The act1-5 bosses in hell difficulty drop specific set pieces of specific sets. There is one set for every damage type except poison. Amdariel for example drops the ring for each of these sets.

Then the mythical versions of class sets (Tal Rasha, Trang Oul etc), drop exclusively from worldbosses and ubers.

Then there is a little bonus set, pieces dropped. Y the smith, hephasto the armorer and steelripper (3 versions of this set, 1 per difficulty).

Lastly there is Arkaines set, which drops only in act6 (but globally) but with increased chance from the hero you kill for the quest.

i have a question, how do you use the items gheed sells, the socketed ones. because i cant equip them or do anything to them.

And how do i equip a RMB skill.

Awful. Not installed. Archive 001 is damaged

You open the cube, inside it has a shit ton of crafting recipes that each require a certain socketed base along with other mats.

RMB is just your default attack, so put your spam skill in its place.

Socketed items can no longer be equipped, they purely act as crafting parts. Use the horadric cube from act2 to use them.

Depending on your resolution/UI scale, its sometimes difficult to attach a skill to it. So try fiddling with those setting, set your skill, then you can revert to how you want it too look.

You need all 5 files first. Then you can extract 001. You also need only to extract 001.

So without 002-005, unzipping/extracting isnt possible.

thank you for the explanation

1 Like