[Mod] Reign of Terror

Update:

Mausoleum done, video at https://youtu.be/zdXp9E44plM

Enjoy

Damn! This looks great. I love how accurate your design is in regard to its original. I wonder if new models and animations are implementable in GD mods? I donā€™t know. I guess it would maybe too much work to design original boss models if even doable. Its already cool enough the way it is right now. Keep up the good work.

And Ramā€¦ take a break. You are making progress so fast. Same counts for Denis. You are really cool guys. I wouldnā€™t want you to burn out and loose your motivation :slight_smile:

this is more exiting than anything blizzard has done since 2012 :smiley:

Cheers mate, unfortunatelly there is very little knowledge of creating new animations / models to this date so maybe in the future. However it is possible.

And I would take a break but I enjoy making this map so much that I donā€™t even want to do much else :smiley:

btw, are you allowed to use the original sounds etc from diablo II?

^^^^ This.

Good question, I am thinking about contacting Blizzard in order to get their approval but who knows what the response gonna beā€¦

You know what iā€™m going to say.

If you donā€™t plan on monetizing it, and you donā€™t try to hide that itā€™s Diablo music, they canā€™t legally do anything.

I asked egod123 (creator of Curse of Tristram) yesterday and he told me that Blizzard contacted him, that this is how it works. But thatā€™s all I got from him. He didnā€™t respond to any of my other questions.

Therefore I am not sure how to proceed now.

I would contact Blizzard, then again, you can listen to the soundtracks on youtube, but I would contact blizzard to make sure.

The problem with Curse of Tristram, itā€™s so half baked, and not suitable on the engine the modder chose. Itā€™s interesting that Blizzard contacted him, and wondering why the modder chose the SC2 engine, or was that Blizzardā€™s idea?

But anyway, I would still do the right thing and contact Blizzard.

He started making Curse of Tristram before he got approval from Blizz (he also put it on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2885655 so he even got some money out of it).

But as you sayā€¦ Iā€™ll feel better if I have a ā€œblessingā€ from Blizzard.

This is the first mod iā€™m actually interested in. Looking really nice so far.

OK that makes sense, still, I really think his choice of engine was a mistake, not sure what he was thinking about there?

But anyway, lets hope that Blizzard allows this mod too, especailly its the right type of engine for this game.

papa bless this mod, dudeā€¦ canā€™t wait to play it

Very worthy events, Russian localization will be necessary, to expand the circle of users.

Canā€™t wait !

Is it just me or are all the videos set to private?

Yea, why are the videos blocked?

It was a safety precaution since I havenā€™t received any response from Blizzard yet.

This project is on hold for now. Will let you know if anything changes.

I work on some other stuff at the moment but it is too soon for announcement.

I finish the assassin in few days. Also, I will create a new topic when I finish all the classes and released my mod.