[MOD]Stasher v11 fo 1.1.4.1(GDx2) Include source data & Still applicable 1.1.5.2 (GDx2)

Is it working on your end?

In my case there is no change and with the same method I’m using JMD’s Grim UI just fine.

To use this, you have to rewrite the stash settings defined in the game’s database with AssetManager to match this big stash.

The database to rewrite is GDX2.arz if you have FG.

Looks like you were reading my mind! :+1:

1 Like

@matougi, could you show steps to rewrite it ? I am not sure of other mod functions on asset manager.

Another great work by an artist. :laughing:
Would you release this? We need a source to merge this with vanilla or mod.

1 Like

What? No doubt, you have considerable knowledge and experience with AssetManager. My perspective ability tells that… there are many fonts dancing in my vision. :faction_dreeg:

That aside, I think that tt300 or JMD is the right person for that…

Well, I can write how I merged this Big Stash to vanilla. But I’m not familiar with AssetManager. I just looked at some of the tutorials on mods in this forum and just traced them. So, even if you do not understand, there are many cases where I can not answer. Please keep it in mind.

For beginners, let’s start with how to configure AssetManager. Those who have already set up AssetManager should skip reading.

(1) AssetManager configuration and database decompression

• Run AssetManager, Tools ≫ Options
  • Set each directory as follows (change the path to suit yours).
Settings
Working Directory D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\works\
Build Directory D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\
Tools Directory D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\
Additional Browse Directories D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\;D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx2\
Additional Source Directories D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\database\;D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx2\database\;D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx1\resources\;D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\gdx2\resources\

After setting, select Extract Games Files from Tools, specify the folder where Grim Dawn is installed, and unzip it. (It takes a long time)

I think this is enough to merge this stasher, but adding all the DLC data would be less likely to cause problems.

Command

Go to the “Grim Dawn\gdx1\database” folder, left click on the explorer address field and type ‘cmd.’
..\..\ArchiveTool GDX1.arz -database "d:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\works\database"

Go to the “Grim Dawn\gdx2\database” folder, left click on the explorer address field and type ‘cmd.’
..\..\ArchiveTool GDX2.arz -database "d:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\works\database"

(2) Preparation work to merge

• Create ui folder and generic folder in “Grim Dawn\resources” folder.

• Copy the caravan folder of “works\resources\ui\caravan” to the ui folder with the entire contents.

• Also copy the 3 tex (buttonwindowclosedown, buttonwindowcloseover, buttonwindowcloseup) in the “works\resources\ui” folder into “Grim Dawn\resources\generic.”

(3) Copy the source of Stasher v10 to works folder

• Download OP’s Stasher_v10_of_1.1.4.0(GDx2).rar, unrar it into the works\mods folder and copy it.
    Grim Dawn\works\mods\Stasher v10

This is the preparation work, and the rest is easy.

(4) Create a Stasher MOD with AssetManager

1. Launch AssetManager and press the Work Offline button.
    Select [Stasher v10] from the Mod tab and click Build on the Build tab to create a Stasher MOD. Stasher V10 mod is created in a very short time.

2. Open gdx2\database and move the GDX2.arz to Grim Dawn\mods\stasher v10\database. (It is good to back up GDX2.arz)

3. Copy the name of Stasher v10.arz and delete this file.

4. Paste the name of GDX2.arz transferred here to Stasher v10.arz. And do Build on the Build tab again. (delete the original Stasher V10.arz, rename GDX2.arz to Stasher V10.arz and rebuild.)

5. Change “Stasherv10.arz” back to its original name GDX2.arz and change it back to “gdx2\database”.

6. Copy or move “Big Caravan.arc” which is made in “stasher v10\resources” to “gdx2\resources”.

In short, after creating a MOD, you can merge it by replacing its database with vanilla one (GDX2.arz) and rebuilding it.

This is complete. Launch the Grim Dawn and go to see the smuggler and make sure the stash is expanding.

Well, the problem with the vanilla merge in this expanded warehouse is that the database is rewritten each time the vanilla is updated. If you go to a smuggler’s place without re-creating the stash after the update, the moment you open the stash, you will lose some or many items that have spilled out of the original stash. :scream:
To avoid that, you have to repeat this stash merge as soon as the vanilla is updated.

Also, if the stash specification changes, it is necessary to update the database in step (1). Never forget this! But you will forget, and you will lose as many items as I! :rofl:

As a measure to prevent such mistakes, you can disable Steam auto-update. And remember the expanded warehouse while you update it manually. :thinking:

1 Like

Thats right Matougi, he did a fantastic work with GrimUI …

@matougi thanks for the write-up. I only learned the asset manager on how to recompile fonts after reading your documentation. Been struggling how to do custom fonts for many months without success until now. The fonts keeps blanking out after a recopy. (was not using asset manager then). I did eventually gave-up a few times.
But now, i would know how to mix & match fonts easily and to fortell which fonts won’t work in-game.
p.s I also changed the Titan Quest fonts as the developers ignored my request for dx11 clearer fonts rendering.

I’ve considered releasing this in a source files version only. The one thing that’s stopping me is, it would look like I’m stealing someone else’s idea. That kind of thing doesn’t sit well with me.

Woody UI’s original designer is you, so I think there is nothing wrong with publishing the source here.

But I understand your concerns. It would be best for tt300 to put your work on the OP as an option. Let’s wait for her to respond.

And for that reason, I would like to say something that I hope isn’t taken the wrong way. She recently released a version of her mod using an edited version of a Grim UI graphic file. I know this was done in an effort to match Grim UI and I’m very flattered by that. :+1: But, in the interest of fairness, I would’ve preferred that she contacted me first so that we could’ve collaborated on it.

I did make several attempts to create a Grim UI background for Stasher but, I was never satisfied with the results. If it worked out, I was going to contact her and see if she was interested in it. But, I discovered that in order for me to do it in a way I like, I have to edit the database records.

I do use an expanded caravan in my personal mod, completely based on tt300’s concept, which I posted a screen shot of in a previous post. As you can see, I have some buttons in a different location which are the database edits I mentioned earlier. In fact, I have made additional changes to it recently so that things are balanced for my tastes. For that reason, what I would like to do is release this on my thread as an add on to Grim UI, provided there is enough interest in it. The last thing I think should happen is that she modifies Stasher just to fit Grim UI. After all, there are far more people that use the default UI than mine and Stasher was built for it.

If this gets released, she will get the credit she deserves on my end.

where is this from ?

I agree with you. I hope she respects your thoughts.

This is a work by JMD, and if he was contacted from tt300, he would indicate that he wanted to do this. Perhaps when I put a screenshot here combined with his GRIM UI, he started working on it. I think he is a gentleman in praising her work without denying it.

Maybe I was not clear enough :wink: I know JMD made the wood UI and tt300 made the stasher mod. This is the first time I see the wood UI with a wide (rather than standard) stash however.

Is that wide image (or the whole wood-stash mod) available somewhere ?

Me too.

Grim UI is based on my personal mod, which includes an expanded stash, that I’ve been working on for a while. I just thought I would release my UI as I was kinda proud of it and thought others might enjoy it as well.

I appreciate your kind words. :+1:

My personal mod.

No. I’m considering releasing the expanded caravan as an add on to Grim UI, in a source files only version, if there is enough interest.

Ah, the wide image I made was just to match the style of GRIM UI. I didn’t want to copy and replace the JMD work. Please don’t dispute this matter.
I also like GRIM UI very much, but because English is not fluent, it is inconvenient to communicate with the original author. If the original work can add this drawing, it is of course recommended to use the original work.

我明白你想说的。请放心、我和JMD都是没有批评你。很多人欣賞和欣賞你的工作。 :smile:
他想說的是,他想用擴展的倉庫風格出版他的木刻倉庫。他想提前談談這件事。現在我覺得你已經允許了。我代表你告訴他。可以吗? (我中文很差,不好意思)

I understand the language barrier issue completely.

能用中文交流就太好了,谢谢你转达 JMD。:grinning:
今天更新了1.1.4.1,仓库有变化,我正在调整按钮位置,但是新增加的那个转移按钮怎么也显示不出来,很无奈。:pensive:

你做工作很快呢! :laughing:
這些紋理可以從 DLC、resources\UI.arc 中提取嗎?

通過在 DX1 和 DX2 的 resources 文件夾中執行以下命令來檢查每個 GDX1,2\UI\caravan。 (根據需要設置提取目的地)

..\..\ArchiveTool UI.arc -extract d:\grimdata\GDX1
..\..\ArchiveTool UI.arc -extract d:\grimdata\GDX2