[MOD]Stasher v11 fo 1.1.4.1(GDx2) Include source data & Still applicable 1.1.5.2 (GDx2)

Yes, I haven’t had time to update Grim_UI_X-Character Source yet. :blush:

It’s my fault. I don’t think there’s much difference between them.

Thank you for your instructions.

After careful comparison, I think the Vanilla X-Character on the right is more suitable for Chinese.

What do you think?

I think they both fit Chinese well, honestly. For me personally, I prefer the image on the left.

What mod are you using for the wings?

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/for-modders-only-wings/51190/43

Thanks. I thought I saw some wing icons in your stash that I have not seen in that mod, like the one you have equipped and the last wing in the 2nd column of your bag…

Oh, that’s what I added myself, from the ancient “Lost Treasure MOD”. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey there,

I’ve been trying for several hours to merge this mod with my own. But I can’t seem to get it to work. I read through the entire thread and this is what I’ve done so far:

Download: Stasher 1.1.4.1 beta
Download: caravanwindow.zip

Copy all the stasher files into your mod, make sure to preserve the folder structure and names.

Copy the caravanwindow template to the following directory in your mod:
Working\mods\MyMod\database\templates\ingameui

Now make a second copy of the caravanwindow template, but this time copy it to your extracted template directory (be sure to make a back up of the original file first):
Working\database\templates\ingameui

Open AssetManager and load your mod:

Build your mod (F7).

But when I load up my mod with my existing character, nothing has changed. Do I need to create a new character to see the changes?

Or have I simply stuffed it up?

you do not need the template in your mod, but it does not hurt either, the other steps all sound good to me, so you should get a working stash from it.

No new char is needed either.

Did you build the .arc with the stash image as well?

I’ve finally got it to work.

It wouldn’t work with my ui.arc file. So I downloaded the Stasher mod itself and copied the ui.arc file from it to my mod. Now it’s working.

I’m not sure what I did wrong, but at leat I have it working now :slight_smile:

When you ask “Did you build the .arc with the stash image as well?”

What do you mean? Cause I think that might be where I went wrong.

What I did:

Copied ‘caravan_windowbackgroundimage.psd’ to MyMod\source\ui\caravan

I loaded my mod in Asset Manager. In the Sources tab I right clicked on the .psd file and selected Auto-Create Asset.

I selected Texture and left it at its default settings:

Texture%20Properties

I think this might be where I went wrong. Are these the right settings?

Then I went to the Assets tab and right clicked on the new .tex file and selected Build.

Then I built the mod (F7) as normal.

But in game, the stash image/grid was invisible.

I’d love to know where I went wrong. Cause if I can figure it out, then I’ll write the instructions up properly to help anybody else who is trying to merge this mod with another one.

No, these two steps are completely wrong and unnecessary. In fact, just put caravanwindow.tpl in "…\Grim Dawn\database\templates\ingameui\ "

All other templates are placed in this location in the path format.

It is. What you need to select is Bitmap. After this, all you need to do is hit F7. :+1:

2 too many ui’s here. :slight_smile:

This step is also incorrect. The correct method is as follows:

that is correct

the sources already come with the correct asset file, no need to create one. Also, the asset has to be a bitmap, not a texture

All you had to do is place the template in the right location and copy all sources (asset, database and source dirs) into the corresponding dirs of your mod, overwriting existing files if they already existed, and build your mod again…

You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply and help.

I decided to go right back to the start and start again from scratch. I want to be absolutely sure that I’ve done this correctly. Stasher is one of my favorite mods (I can’t imagine playing without it) so I’m certain that I’ll want to merge it with any other mods I use. So I must get this procedure right!

I’m going to document what I’ve done step by step. This is mostly for my own benefit (so I can remember what I did) but it might help others as well. But if you’d rather I didn’t clutter up this thread with my ramblings, please let me know and I’ll move it to its own thread.

Anyway, here we go.

How to merge the Stasher mod with your own mod

Download: Stasher 1.1.4.1 beta
Download: caravanwindow.zip

Copy ALL the stasher files into your mod folder, make sure to preserve the folder structure and names (copy the assets, database and source folders).

The next step is a little confusing, you don’t copy the caravanwindow.tpl template to your mod folder. It needs to be copied to your extracted template directory (be sure to make a back up of the original file first!).

When I set up Asset Manager, I extracted all the game files to a folder I called Working. So this is where I need to put the caravanwindow.tpl file (not in my mod folder):

Working\database\templates\ingameui

You’re now ready to work in Asset Manager. So open Asset Manager and load your mod:

This next step is important. Go to the Assets tab. Right click on the .tex file and select Build (if you don’t do this you won’t generate a ui.arc file when you build your mod):

Now build your mod (F7).

Then copy your new mod to your game’s ‘mods’ folder (Asset Manager saves my mods to a folder called ‘Build’. Which I created when I first set up Asset Manager. So I need to manually copy them to the ‘mods’ folder).

Now fire up the game and test out your mod.

Good luck.

Sounds correct. I set the mods dir as my build dir, so I do not need to do the last step (copy from build to mods)

Thanks Mamba. I too thought about having the mods directory as my build directory (to save myself that last step). But I make too many mistakes, so I didn’t want to risk stuffing up a working mod by accidentally overwriting it. This way, I have a backup :slight_smile:

This step is unnecessary, in my opinion. Anything in the assets folder gets compiled into an .arc file when you hit F7.

Wrong, it has been corrected. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

LOL :+1: :+1: