Modders Assemble!

I’ve noticed some internal autocast changes.

Prevously I used curse+selfbuff combo to implement iron maiden curse, but after update autocast not works more.

details

main skill: Skill_Attackbuffradius + Skillbuff_debuff
autocast config:

Autocast skill: Skill_buffselfduration

Actualy I already check various templates, neither autocast works with initial skill, but all works correctly from modifier.

Make “ProjectilePiercing” to appear on item details when used as a negative value modifier.

e.g: “-100% Chance to pass through Enemies to X Skill”

This modifier works as intended, but rn it doesn’t appear in the list of item skill modifiers.

Last vacation I played TQ and meet big spider hero that spawn several small spiders. This spiders cast lightning tendrils that connects and then attack player.
I didn’t seen similar skill in GD, but may be you could add it?

If possible, please make the SkillDefensiveLine template to work with the “pet changes” array from SkillSecondaryPetModifier template. Currently you can’t replace the objects/pets by others, just like Conduit Whispers do with Storm Totem.

Happy new year to devs, modders and takens :partying_face:

One more thing that I was recently thinking of, is it would be nice if with FoA Asset Manager (archivetool) is able to properly extract the map files. Current gdx2 campaign map is extracted as a 0KB file and grimarc has to be used or to download the already extracted files (which again was done with grimarc)

Also does perhaps the new year bring news of which of these suggestion is/not making it @Zantai

3 Likes

There are map decompilation tools here.
I haven’t tried it in 1.2, but it should still work.
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/tool-map-decompiler/32307

What grimarc extracts is only .map, which cannot be edited directly and must be decompiled.
It is a pity that the decompilation tool has expired and cannot be used in the actual test just now. :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying grimarc was only half the story.

But you do raise an important point. I confirm I got the same result with the decompile.
Looking like modifying FoA map is out of the question, till the next ninja arrives to fix the decompile.

1 Like

Good news, a Chinese friend found a solution:
Use a hex editor to modify world001.map
4D 41 50 09
Change to
4D 41 50 08
After saving, you can decompile it.

1 Like

Awesome. You should post this in the decompiler’s topic as it is more relvent there. Here it might get lost.

Haha, I think that post is not as large as the number of replies here. In short, it is enough to let people who need it know.

Ultimately, I hope the crate official can provide a more convenient tool like this.

1 Like

The first time the Asset Manager builds a mod each session, it performs a check on Unallocated Resource files:

However, rebuilding a mod afterwards does not prompt this dialog window without completely closing the Asset Manager and reopening it. Even choosing other mods and returning to the original one does not reprompt this dialog window.

Would it be possible to get a “Always check unassociated resources?” toggle setting for AM?

Also, a never cleanup toggle for source files. People who make edits of existing mods often have to fight with am because it purges what it deems to be unassociated assets, resulting in empty arz files

Oh, even better: a .gitignore-type file for AM. :smiley: The ability to tell AM to ignore certain filetypes (.bat, .dll, etc.) would be beautiful.

Is this the future you want Z?

Function to add mutators exists, but there is no such function to remove a mutator.
And no, Game.ResetMutators does not work while in SR.

3 Likes

just to reiterate this, make it 200 slots at this point, 100 is not enough… Grimer keeps increasing the number of animations, he is out of control :smiley:

2 Likes

LMAO /10char

Allow “fxchanges” on modifiers to change the aura of Cadence skill type just like it changes the aura of Savagery/RF skills type.

1 Like

I am currently creating a world mod (just a map with quests), and i had allocated a spot on the world map as of AoM/FG. But hints by @Zantai have led me to believe my world will be colliding with his upcoming work in FoA. Would it be possible to get a preview of at least the occupation of the current Cairn universe, in case i need to wedge my mod in somewhere else?

Also, im hoping there are upcoming improvements on the official modding tools, specif. the World Editor. Here are some improvements i think could be made:

1. For simple additions like new sound generators or texture imports, it would be great if the Editor would automatically add any simple imported map elements. I would love to be able, for example, to just import a sound either for ambience or as part of an item, and have the asset auto-created and the dbr auto assembled (and then of course built into my mod’s file system).
  2. A preview of sound from sound generators (like waterfalls or bonfires) would also be cool, so we can measure it against the current ambient sounds.
  3. Some DBR settings for placed items would be great as well. For example, turning a rock into a walkable or paintable surface, or making a waterbound item bob on the surface of water.

These are a few of the simple things i think that make modding easier.

Map affixes are a great thing, can we support adding map affixes to all regions?
That means any map can be challenge area.
Facilitate mods to achieve more content.

gdx2_challengeUI_01