Modding Tools are now Available! (V1.0.0.3)

Well, I was only kidding (hence the face at the end of my sentence), but you do raise a good point. I am satisfied with the class as is and do think of it as a primarily lightning-based class, but then again, I’m rocking a whirlwind-based build with reckless tempest attached to it, so lightning is literally on my screen at all times.

So, back to modding, can someone walk me through how to open the actual game world in the editor? I’ve extracted all the core files, though they don’t appear to actually show up in the asset manager, per the guide’s screenshots.

Oh thank God the words are covering his nethers. You can tell he’s having a good old time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sidenote: Shocking how short the bug-fix list is for 1.003. Guess the game must be pretty damn solid at this point stability-wise…

Keep up the amazing work fellas!!

(already persuaded 3 friends to purchased based on my recommendation and metacritic reviews)

It’ll probably be a while, even if I release it in chunks. The lightning mastery is still in planning phase, so… quite a bit of work remains.

I can’t even complete the update. I keep getting a disk write error, but I have checked my hard drive and verified my game cache without either finding a problem. I hope there is a fix soon.

Source Server:
Setting password to ‘’
Setting root directory to ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grim Dawn\Working’
Scanning file version information…
Done
Opening port 1337

Port 1337 aka “port leet” is a common backdoor port. That is probably the source of the false positive from F-Secure.

I did the pdf instructions which provided a lot of resources available as a starting template. Then right click the Asset Manager, New, Mod. I named it testing. The result is a new folder inside my Asset Manager. I did a quick conversation import, followed by a build. A \mods esting\ folder was built with the conversation included. I’ll make a full “hello world” example soon, I’m still pressing buttons to find all the creamy goodness inside.

Same here, IMHO 90% of TL 2 modes are pure unballanced bugy crap. I hope it won’t be the case with GD. Well, we’ll see…

Thank you for the update!

Fixed certain debuff type skills on items not working with Celestial powers.

I was happy to read that but when I started the game I found out that still no Celestial skills can be assigned to Solael’s Flame :frowning: Too bad

Fixed WeaponPool attacks not working with Chance on Enemy Death autocasts.

So what exactly does this mean?
I still can’t get enemy death procs from attaching a celestial power to a pet right?

Befor this patch skills that have ‘% chance to be used’ like Nightblade’s Dual Blade skills could not proc Devotion skills that trigger on enemies’ death (like Raise the Dead of the Revenant constellation). Now they can

Same here. Bitdefender is also flagging one of the update files, but I get the same disk write error when I try to install without the scanner running.

Just dual wield storm charged weapons, slap on a bunch of squalls gear, and spam maxed out grasping vines. Boom, lightning caster! :wink:

I might actually have something resembling a class with a castable chain lightning skill thrown together by the end of the weekend. I can guarantee it will be real ugly, though. :smiley:

Fun for y’all, but I always play games vanilla :slight_smile:

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Great! Now I hope someone creates a mod that adds a riftgate to SoT. And some other places, for sake of convenience. I’m a lazy guy.

Unlisted change:

Breath of Belgothian no longer reduces the cooldown of the base skill. (Pneumatic Burst)

Display error, still functions as before.