Monster Infrequent Affix Drop Rate Discussion

How is it pointless if you aren’t conveying your reasoning? The discussion hasn’t even truly started yet. I’m just trying to find what it actually is you’re basing your suggestions off of but you keep jumping to “discussion over” rather than answering.

I have played almost 2k hours and have never used any double rare item in any build

Well you said that I want to have everything after ten minutes of play…

Good for you. Others want to use all the stuff in the game in reasonable time. Hence GDstash. Of course you can build only around epics and legendaries. But why only that?

So there should be no reward for invested time either? Someone who has played 2k hours should have much more stuff than someone who has played 200 hours. Right?

If GD stash did not exist, would you play another game?

He will have more stuff obviously… He could even have some magi rings after that time :smiley:

Most importantly he will have better rolled items. Don’t forget about that part.

I never said that. I raised a hypothetical case where a person only has 10 minutes a day to play grim dawn. In order for the items to meet the “obtainable” criteria for this player the items would need to drop at nearly an effective GDstash rate. This is leading into the question of what is the baseline for acceptable droprates. Inevitably you will have someone being cut off by the curve. If the game is tuned for the 2 hour a day guy Mr 10 minutes isn’t going to be seeing as much loot. Short of outright GDstash rates there will be a cutoff point.

Are you advocating for the bar to be moved to some arbitrary point, or just moved because it’s out of your current reach?

It is out of everybody’s reach. Try to calculate combinations of double rares. Current drop rate. Even if someone would play 24/7 since first builds, he wouldn’t have all the double rares for many different reasonable builds using them. I don’t even get why are you arguing what you are arguing. You like this state of greens? OK then. Just write it and say you don’t want it changed. I could be instead of this chasing for them :smiley: Maybe I will get after thousands of hours rewarded for no life with an item. Awesome :smiley:

If you truly believe that players should be gifted all the MIs under the sun to make whatever build they desire such that the only defining feature of an account with more time sunk into it is better rolls I can’t help but compare this to D3 or MMOs where gameplay and progress stagnate while the player is deluded by sisyphean progress of numbers into thinking something of import has actually changed.

Grim dawn is a game of loot that brings options, and various superior options require more time investment. I’ve already touched upon the delusion that only double rare MIs are worthwhile earlier so we needn’t revisit that. Having scoured all the topics the only remaining comparison I can dredge up is that of completionism and entitlement in the modern era of gaming but I digress.

Grim Dawn is game of grimtools. You visualize your creation from grimtools in Grim Dawn.

This was the stupidest thing I’ve read today. And I follow Trump on twitter!

4 Likes

Is it really? Or is this meme more of a reality actually? I did not mean that in bad terms. I like the game. Well ok then - a liberal :smiley:

Uh I believe I seen a lot of theory crafters on this forum make that very statement. For example I seen a #GDstashforlife and such.

Time is the all important factor here. Spending 5000 hrs farming one item or spend 1 min spawning the item and spend 5000 hours pushing the content I want to push. Hmmm difficult choice…this is why most modern Arpgs are moving away from that design model.

Duchy’s statement couldn’t be anymore correct. Too bad though that it won’t change.

1 Like

This game is about playing as many builds as possible. You complete campaign with a build, do SR and Crucible and move on to another build. And so on and on. The more diversity in builds the better this game is. It is as simple as that.

You can “push content” without items that takes 5k hours to get.

Compared to old school ARPGs like Diablo 2 and Titan Quest, loot drop in Grim Dawn like candy on Xmas morning. But I guess its rare compared to Diablo III

Yup and I play “by stash”, the items I have dictate what builds I can/could make. I am fine with this since I am old school ARPG-gamer. But kids today wanna have it the other way around…

1 Like

And we are forced to play by gdstash beacause of it. In reality it doesn’t matter that much. So just let’s stop this discussion.

People who love farming stuff can play the game normally and get items and stuff, and people who want to make a lot of builds and use MIs can GDStash them. What is the problem in that?

I guess you are right.

Yup. I too craft relics, MIs and conduits with GDStash because I don’t spend much time on one char and I want to experience various builds made by people or by me. But gdstashing all items wouldn’t be satisfying for me because I could remove one part of the game completely… so I still farm legendaries, like 2 hours for okaloth helm just for illusion :stuck_out_tongue:
Compared to older arpgs, GD respects your time and rewards you for playing a lot! And if you want to just play endgame builds you make a level 100 char with all items ready and it’s ok. It’s a singleplayer game anyway. There are mods for increased drop rates too so if you don’t want to GDStash and progress faster you can try them too, not a problem :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes