My ideas and suggestions

Hello everyone (especially developers)
I really liked this game and I’m going to keep playing it. During the game I had several ideas about how to improve the game experience and I would like to get feedback from the developers and the community

1. Quarry - it is extremely lacking in the game. While wood, berries, meat and fish are renewable resources, stone mining is quickly becoming a problem. Near my village there is a huge mountain in which it would be possible to make a quarry.
    I think this building is very necessary.

2. Limit on the number of items created or maintaining a certain number of items.
    I have arrows and bows made in the house of archers, and at some point I stopped needing arrows. But I didn’t keep track of it, and the workers were making arrows all this time and made more than 2000 of them. Such a number of arrows, of course, filled all the warehouses…
    This is just one example, the same problem with absolutely all resources, it would be better if I could choose the number of the same arrows that I need to maintain and so that employees do not make arrows more than necessary and do not waste precious wood.

3. Trade with other settlements.
    In the tropico game there were contracts under which you supplied products to other nations in exchange for money or other resources. I think the same functionality is needed in this game. There was no clay at all in my friend’s village, and he really needed it. For that, he had an excess of cheese, but merchants rarely bought it.
    It would be nice if he had a contact for cheese in exchange for clay or other contracts. It would create the feeling that we are not the only village in the world.

4. Bridges. In some places on the map there are islands and narrow reservoirs, bridges are definitely needed there.

5. A small number of entertainments. Theater, tavern… This is not enough, we need more entertainment.
    Options: Library, church, circus, hippodromes, festivals (fairs), baths, jousting tournaments and eventually brothels.

6. Wandering - Unable to Work. No explanation why the character can’t work? He needs some resources, but what? There is not enough information that someone is not working. We need an indicator about how many people are not working and why. This is extremely important. Sometimes my people have been idle for years, and I didn’t even know about it.

7. When the merchants arrive, I don’t know about it. There is no notification, I constantly missed them because of this + they come only at a certain time, it’s not interesting they have to come at different times.

8. Moat? The siege of the castle? (trebuchets and other) here it is necessary to think. But sieges need to be improved somehow

9. Archers on the walls. I have a stone wall… Usually there are places for archers in them

10. Why is there a den of wolves in the game, but there is no den of bandits so that I can somehow take revenge on the raiders and return what I lost or even get some kind of bonus for cleaning the den of bandits + there would be benefit from the garrison and interest in actively exploring the map.

11. The button “warnings of citizens”, so that during the siege all people ran home, and did not run in the way of the raiders.

12. It is impossible to put a wall diagonally. During the download, I saw a round fortress, and I wanted to make a similar one, only in the game you can only make a square. This is bad, especially learning that I sometimes did the roads diagonally, but because of that I had to do two pairs of gates on the roads.

13. We need more farm views! Cattle are cool! But I would also like to breed chickens, pigs, goats, sheep for wool and of course horses. Thanks for the suggestion from this topic: Animal Husbandry

14. How to found the right building?
    There are probably a hundred buildings in my city, and when I had to look for the pied piper’s house, it really puzzled me. We need some kind of button that would show the names of all buildings or highlight certain ones that we need.

Support this topic with a comment, let the developers pay attention to it! Thanks!

24 Likes

I agree with much of what you said, but especially #2. It is very frustrating trying to sort out which buildings are consuming which resource. I need iron to upgrade something, but every unit of iron that comes in is being used by three different buildings. So I have to track down and manually stop those buildings from working in order do so something, then selectively reactivate them. The system is very cumbersome.

2 Likes

1-13 BIG YES! Especially number 1 !

I had similar requests. 1-13 basically :slight_smile: I totally support!

1. A Castle Main Building would be great where you can set soldiers and 1 Tax Collector which will collect taxes from the houses - this you can define something like: low, high taxes this will have influence on the hapines, and production rate - but bring gold :slight_smile:
1 Like

In general, taxes in the game are not very clearly implemented. Their settings and more detailed information about them would not hurt.

Thank you very much for the answers. If you have any ideas or how to improve some items, be sure to report in this topic.
Thanks again! Let’s make this game better!

I agree. Because of this problem, I often have to pause the game and set up each building separately.
By the way, you brought me to an important point that I missed. Added it as item 14 in my post.

I totaly agreed with most of the points here, but the 14 … it is critical in a game that as the time passes its getting more and more complex and crowded.

It would be much appreciated

1. Let the player manage the Storage Crate loading/unloading the goods and make the Storehouses share globally the goods quantities.
2 Likes

Exactly and i see such Report in the castle building (which hopefully will come :stuck_out_tongue: )
There a window about tax management could be implemented, income, outcome, tax rates per industry/housing could be managed (similar to city skylines) and those have inpacts on the people.

1 Like

14: Yes and it would be great to have an indicator in the building menu how much of the buildings are builded (number in the corner)

+1 To the points: 1,2,4,7,9,11,13.

For the point 2. We need a simple mechanic, like in the game Banished. Just add the limit production cap for a resource.

For point 14, a list of the different buildings and their number could be useful, as well as a button to “go” to the location of each one.

5 Likes

I also added the Salt as a new resource in my post. Also spices as a Gatherable resource for luxury increase and many other ideas.

1 Like

Spices are sold by some traders when they visit you.

Thanks. I haven’t seen any merchant selling spices in 40h of play, lol.

Maybe only when you have an upgraded trading post.

I have the trading post on tier 2. I’ll take a closer look, but in 40h I didn’t see any spices to trade.

Absolutely, on point here. The thing we need tho, maybe for pacifist mode… or which ever, is Snowball fights. Split the town in half and have them go at each other with a snowball fight. Winners gets slight bonus of… idk… faster trotting down the road? :smiley:

Edit: Yes, information, we need more information buttons, colors etc…

2 Likes

Fantastic options here. In general I think there needs to be an entire literary chain. From paper making to writer’s residences to book production and ultimately book storage that increases the desirability of the library. Books could also be tradable and it should take a long time to stock a library (this would be a cool endgame goal). It also feels very strange to get a school without some kind of educational material prereq (not counting teacher) and it feels really awkward to just go from pub to theater.

More arts are absolutely needed. A painter chain would also be great as paintings were massive in the Farthest Frontier based era and could function similar to how books in a library may work. Ultimately the goal should be for poetry, literature and paintings to be produced and consumed (or viewed like statues). This would differ from pottery as it should take much longer to create one piece of art or literature. I think there’s a ton of potential here. Just like how your townspeople get more upset the longer they go without a pub or theater, tier 4 or 5 townspeople could get more upset they only have access to one book or painting in the library/museum. It adds a late/end game collectible and also encourages trade because production is so slow.

I also love the idea of festivals as right now there is very little fun stuff to watch the townspeople partake in. Churches would also be cool and should be a tier 1 entertainment with upgrades; people would come up with some really interesting graveyard/shrine/church layouts. This game has the unique ability to be a colony sim that is both extremely fun to restart while also being extremely fun in the late game, it just needs to shift a bit better from manufacturing survival items in the early game to entertainment items as you get into the very late game

3 Likes

Very well written and put StiGMa. I agree with all you have said. This has saved me writing pretty much the same thing as feedback.

1 Like

Ty!
I hope that the developers will pay attention to our proposals and take some of them into development.

1 Like