New Forum Feedback

I dont see any dismiss button there…

Besides. What I mean by saying New and Latest look identical unitl you scroll them down.

as you see they look exactly same

Because everything’s all over the place. Buttons to see new/latest is in the top, you have to scroll down to see them and the dismiss button is bottom right. It’s annoying as fuck and painful as motherfuck to use. Navigation in here is tragic, the worst I’ve ever seen, at least in my opinion.

Maybe I’m dumb but I searched every inch of the New section and still can’t find those dismiss buttons. Not in the ‘bottom right’ either. See for yourself. That is the very bottom of the New section…

Seems that it either disappeared from there or was never there. It is there in “unread” section iirc.

I believe you’re looking for this

How come you screen for the New section looks different from mine? I don’t have such a button

I got it. If you go to the forum via the main page by clicking on Grim Dawn Forgotten Gods

and after that press the New there is no Dismiss button. But if you press the New directly without first pressing the Grim Dawn Forgottne Gods then the dismiss button is there. Seems like a visual bug

Not sure but looks fine for me. Maybe its monitor color?

Yes if you click into ‘Category’ view directly the view is different and, I agree, not entirely intuitive in that particular case.

In this view you have to scroll down, past the sub-category list to see the 'New" posts.

Unfortunately this is ‘default’ behavior and I rather wish that it would display ‘New’ and ‘Unread’ posts in this view at the top instead or just remove ‘New’ and ‘Unread’ from showing up when viewing the sub-category list entirely. If even possible.

How does Discource’s voting system work?

In the previous forum, one thread could take only one questionnaire. Can I do multiple or parallel surveys in one thread, here?

It rather looks like you can insert a poll anywhere…

• option1
  • option2

0 voters

2 Likes

I see, so the system here is pretty good.
Thank you for the easy-to-understand commentary!

1 Like

Np Matougi. The poll system in Discourse does seem pretty nifty and quick and easy to use. We could even do something like this:

<details><summary><font size=5><kbd>Do you like this poll system?</kbd></font></summary>

[poll type=regular results=always]
* Yes, I like the poll system!
* No! Ugh!
[/poll]

</details>

Do you like this poll system?
  • Yes, I like the poll system!
  • No! Ugh!

0 voters

3 Likes

**AH My Bad! I was not aware of the site hack, my apologies … Keep up the great work the game is awesome …

*“This is a classic case “If it is not broken don’t fix it”. I have to say the old Forum structure was intuitive and great to browse. I cant really say what I think of this new format as yet and will hang fast until I have attempted to find and use all the old links I had carefully and methodically book marked :frowning: …”

Guess you weren’t around when the old forum was repeatedly “broken” by a hacker.

Actually this is a classic case of, “It was broken and they did have to fix it.”

Hackers. It is what it is. :zantai:

Surely.
Thanks again for your detailede expalnation. :smiley:

1 Like

Let’s pretend that never happened. :scorv:

Let’s assume it would have kept happening, if Crate had not switched to a current forum software.

The longer I use it, the more I like it. Not only as a mod but also as a basic user.

Broken bookmarks are no fun… but now you can bookmark stuff on the forum instead of in your browser.

When I first saw this - I hated it, but I also hated the old Forum. For me there has always been two choices:

• Make your own Forum.
  • Use phpBB

“And now I get this abomination of a Forum thrown at me.” I thought, but now I can’t imagine using anything else :sweat_smile:. If I ever have to set up a Forum again it’s gonna be this.

After setting up muted Categories and figuring out how to navigate around here, it has become much more comfortable and faster than before. Maybe I haven’t been using the old Forum properly or it was just bad. I can even use the search to find my own Threads instead of using browser bookmarks or bookmark certain posts and keep an eye on those from my profile. Not to mention the power of Markdown/HTML to write.

A livestream with a Q&A at the end and putting it up on Youtube might be something useful (not directed at anybody in particular) in addition to the Thread that is already in process.

1 Like