No Mini Map?

Hi there

First of all, what an absolutely beautiful graphic and environment this game has. I love it.

However this is the first time for me playing a resource management game which doesn’t have a mini map. The game also doesn’t have fast camera movement, so you have to move the camera and wait a lot until you get the correct location.
I really don’t think that I even need to explain what the benefits of a Mini Map are. But here are some:

Probably the most important benefits:

• Having an overview of the buildings, resources and events
  • Finding the specific locations easier and faster
  • Locating the current camera location related to the buildings, etc.

Do you have any plan to add a Mini Map to the game?

9 Likes

I can agree that some type of map would be helpful. Then instead of scrolling continuously trying to find an outpost or so, could click on the area on the map. I mean, yes you can zoom to the city center, but from there you have to scroll to the furthest fishing area or other resource or group of houses.

3 Likes

Я согласен это одно из важных веще которое нужно для игры.
I agree this is one of the important things you need for the game.

In the settings you can increas the scrolling speeds (both keys/edge scrolling and mouse grab). I find this really good when you set mouse grab speed to like 150%.

You can also set camera position save points using ctrl+alt+number, then use ctrl+number to return to that spot.

2 Likes

Scrolling speed and camera saves are good… but what of the places that you don’t have saved to camera and might be needing quick access…

If not a mini map, the ability to zoom out a lot more. When I am trying to choose a starting location I am always disappointed when the game only allows me to see a tiny section of the map.

I try to remember If I ever play any strategy game without minimap (since Colonization and Settlers era) and tbh I didn’t remember. So if you can keep in mind to bring minimap to the interface, it should be really nice.

A minimap would be really welcome. It feels really awkward making endless circles around my town center to slowy try to find the closest resource (ores mostly). Either this or a possibility to zoom out consideratly more. When in the early years of the settlement it’s doable, but late game, the lack of a minimap is problematic.

1 Like

There is a temp fix to the zoom issue see: Better Camera and FOW at Farthest Frontier Nexus - Mods and Community

1 Like

Yeah, a minimap would be really nice to have, as well as the ability to zoom out more.

mini map would be awsome

I find this useful, but we are limited to only 3 camera position saves. That and the Z key to jump to the town center can be enough in most cases, but I don’t see why there can’t be ten save positions using all the digits. If we could have a tool to find buildings of a certain type and cycle between them, this would release the need for camera position saves as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.