[Observation] Damage Reduction applies to all* debuffs

Nullification has been amazing since day one and everyone slept on it.

4 Likes

That would be a sweet apply for switching weapons. The DR debuff will stick when switching back to your main weapon, right?

Could someone explain the math to me here?
Why does ADctH16% lead to zero when suffering from a tiny 50 flat DR?
I mean ADctH16% translates to a huge flat number that´s being converted to health. Bigger than 50 for sure… (?)

I could suggest that because Acdth is flat offensive parameter. Other words it is not 16% of “life leech”, but 16 units of “% life leech”.
And Flat damage reduction subtracts from each offensive parameters.
In this way 16 units minus 50 units < 0 although 16% of you damage > 50

3 Likes

quite a lot of problems

Does this reduction also aply to DA/OA debuffs that have no - before them like Flashbang and BWC?
If so that would realy screw over Demo builds vs Grava.

no, it doesnt.

Found another

https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb-sr/1517/skills

This guy’s pet:
https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb-sr/2195/skills

I appreciate scouring the database to assist us, but we have ways of finding them all very quickly in the game data and already addressed these. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

actually it does, misread your sentence, sorry.

Welcome! Just have GT on a tab and then pause the game if you need to check something.

And besides, Grim Tools is the game. It’s normal in the gaming industry that after a game A is made, some other studio borrows ideas from it and makes a game B, often with a twist, that simply turns out to be better than its predecessor. A = Grim Dawn, B = Grim Tools is a classic example of that. I’d rather play Grim Dawn in Grim Tools to test builds quickly than the other way around.

No, we enjoy harassing :crate: with spreadsheets and database searches :laughing:
@Ceno :crate: must have learnt to use your tools! [Tool] [Modding] Grim Dawn Modding Suite

3 Likes

So Grim Tools is the Grim Dusk of Grim Dawn.

2 Likes

I just wonder… If the additional calculations which have to be done because of the damage reduction affecting almost everything offensive lead to moar CPU load…

How does damage absorption for you (say maiven) and reduced damage done to the enemy interact? Is this straight forward? So if I ill omen a boss with maiven, that’s 45% combined damage reduction done to me?

I’m wondering because the math on all this stuff doesn’t always make intuitive sense to me. Like how +max resist is incrementally stronger the more over the max cap it is. Someone explained this to me once but I still don’t get that even.

Damage reduction, reduce the enemies damage output and offensive debuffs before all checks.

Damage absorption on the other hand, subject to order of defense. And it reduce percentage of received damage after armor, resistances and other defensive mechanism check. Note that flat damage absorption and % damage absorption are not the same.

For which one is more important, I think in the light of this information, damage reduction is more crucial because it also affects the enemies ability of RR.

1 Like

80% resist e. G. You take 20% dmg.
If it’s 90 % now, you take just 10%. The dmg you took was split in half.

Story is completely different when going from 30 to 40.

Also easy to see when you think of the step from 99 to 100.

Did another test:

Although MoT does reflect debuffs, it doesn’t multiply it by 2.55 (tested with 42% DR on breath).

Looks like binder needs one more buff

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.