Patch SCREWED Months of work

Excellent gif.

I’m doing that with a DW build (in DS3). It’s quite doable. Flynn’s ring ftw

Are you such a player? No? THen please don’t assume things.

I, personally, am an extremely infrequent player. I’ve been playing the game since december 2015. But I usually play for a few weeks, put the game aside for a few months and come back again. Sometimes I miss multiple balance patches and I still have never witnessed any of my characters be completely worthless. At worst, it’s been a minor inconvenience when a set or legendary was reworked and I had to find a substitute.

Exactly. I play 4-5hours per day :stuck_out_tongue:

I do have friends you know :rolleyes:

“please don’t assume things” were you offended with what I wrote?

Nah you took this too far. And you have to separate between short and long term commitment and interest.

Killing builds is such a rarity,gear dependent build with removed skill or changed item,but that’s not happening often.But on other hand every new patch hits top tier builds and make them basically average.If you’re veteran player you will be grumpy if yours builds are nerfed,but with stash full of items and knowledge what works in game you will build something decent again.If you’re newer player,you don’t care at all about balance changes-they don’t affect you at all.Nerf is more dangerous to players,that are in golden middle,they follow one build of there’s preference and have only one or two max level toons.So when new patch emerge they’re left without end game(Crucible in most cases) farmer and can’t complete full sets in order to stay relevant to game tendencies.But still luckily Crate rarely really destroy build,but cut from its supremacy.

Btw, I love the fact that they made Budget pet builds more easier by making a bunch of items craftable. So before I forget, Ty guys for that :smiley:

You phrased this much better than what I did. Thanks

Actually this is one of the “Aspects” which pisses me off at our time at most. Nowdays you hardly have an middleground, but only two extreme sides, and everything will be easily overexeggerated. God forbid that an (AAA) Game get’s a score of 70 out of 100, because if so, than it’s already garbage or mediocre(and i want to point out -> Mediocre <<< a thing which should describe the “middle” in an Score-Concept from 0->100 so for me people can’t do even maths if they claim 70 is “mediocre”) or even for people who consider 70 as “good”, for some of then to get “only” a “good Game” isn’t enough anymore. The same goes for population of Videogames or Update frequency. If it doesn’t have to playerbase of an successfull mainstream-title it’s automatically dead, as well once the Dev. Team decides an Game is “finished” and don’t do anymore Updates or Expansions / DLC anymore… dead.

And the same goes down to the whole “balancing” topic, because people aren’t capable anymore to differ between “viable” and “overpowered” anymore, atleast if we go down to the criticism of folks who complain that their build is dead because of balancing or better say “nerfs”. A build is dead / bad if it doesn’t roflstomp everything in crucible, hardest difficulty > all waves! And that’s IMHO actually pretty insane. Viability like the word itself per definition describes, isn’t about how someone with is build one-shot and easily run through every content, but moreover how well this build does in general. It describes the “middle” of build-diversity where you say he is “good enough” that you can master all hardships, as long as you also know how to play. And it rlly piss me off to read complains / arguments, where an build is discredit as “dead” and not “viable” because you don’t enter the easy-mode with it and devs might fix that.

It also bothers me to read the “argument” of folks with things like: “Well, y’know… sure if you are an veteran player and have stash full, but consider folks who pause games regurarly for 3 or more months…”. <- So let me get this straight, you want to tell me, it would’ve been a better approach for crate to cater a portion of community who play the game on an casual-basis, rather than to support their active community / players? Don’t get me wrong, i’m not against devs who try to make as much people happy as possible, but there are alot of design-decision where devs have to decide between the one or another… and can’t make everyone happy and sorry to say that, if it comes down to such decisions, the priority should be the active playerbase not the folks who play sometimes… because the active part of the playerbase are the ones who are directly affected towards such changes… not the one who enjoy it once in 3 or 6 months. (and again unlike PoE where a huge changes are made, often with the feeling left of “meta-shuffling”, in case of GD don’t be such overdrama, because it’s not like they make such drastic changes who kill an entire build so you have to begin from the scratch… the majority of changes is finetuning…)

I’ve been playing Since 2013 and only once has a balance change killed a build of mine. And that was that shitty ass change to starpact that killed my aether warlock :frowning:
So it’s definitely rare IMO also

oof that starpact change was brutal for aether.

That Star Pact change was well deserved. Don’t be taking it just for the cooldown reduction. Aether builds already have an exclusive skill they are supposed to be using.

this “supposed to”-argument kinda ruins build diversity imo but sure that star pact change was “needed”

The star pact change did next to nothing to spellbinders (which was the point of the change)
All it did was fuck over 2 legendary sets and aether warlocks.
Just because a skill has different damage types doesn’t mean you can’t use it.
I use many exclusive skills that don’t match my damage type.
I’ve got chaos builds that take starpact or aura of censure.
I have physical builds that take possession for damage absorption.
I have vitality builds that take starpact or stormcallers pact.

The damage on the exclusive skills mean very little in the grand scheme of things usually

Cause aether warlocks where totally overpowered before the change /s.
Aether warlock need cdr% and not aether damage% and casting speed. Currently aether warlock have access to less cdr% then a number of melee (or hybrid) builds and they really need it considering how lacking in defense and offense the Clairvoyan set is.

Man, how could I miss this thread? Am I too late for this party? God damn it.

You are neither too early nor too late. You have arrived exactly when you were meant to :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not arguing with you. I understood the first time you clarified. I was just clarifying to you what most people mean when they say dead build, hence the confusion/why some members aren’t taking your usage of “dead” seriously.

I’m sorry you lost your second birb. :slight_smile:

edit I really hope I didn’t come off as argumentative or harsh this time around btw. I thought we were just having a discussion where I was simply nitpicking on what constitutes a good usage of “dead build” in terms of giving Crate easily understandable constructive criticism that facilitates healthy change for the game. I’m thrilled you overall like the 1.1 patch and are enjoying yourself and I’m not trying to let this little stuff distract from the overall positive. I think things get so contentious here sometimes that minor disagreements are read in a tone that neither party intends.

There are some people I have STRONGLY disagreed with before, but that’s that and this was this. I am not sarcastic or condescending when I say I empathize with your lost bird. I really do. Heck I wish my double hellhound build can have 3. I like the way certain combos of pets look too. I have multiple pet builds. I really do get your complaint. We would just describe it differently and I thought I’d voice why I think there’s some good reason to describe it differently. Now that I understand exactly what you meant I see no disagreement.

Now you are apologizing for no reason…

I am not complaining :p. I am actually thankful for the change because now I get to use Chillmane without others pointing out how another bird is better.

My original comment was a joking snide remark at Z’s statement that no build is dead. I am not voicing my displeasure here, I am just fooling around. Hence the tongue emoji and all with my original comment.

So, we are good :smiley: (Actually my apologies if I lead anyone on)

Also, I am not enjoying the patch because I haven’t actually patched yet :p. Waiting for FG to release atm.