Permanent Pneumatic Burst Discussion

Both comments above needs bumping for infinity. Please, do it once and for all.

Also, with this crazy changes, is this finally the time to make Pneumatic Burst, Blood of Dreeg and Word of Renewal durations infinite? Please say yes!

Shows the ring

10 Likes

I’m with the three comments above me as well. :bangbang:
Would be awesome if that could indeed be added! :eyes:

:pray:

2 Likes

That would make them OP. They are powerful buffs, their limited duration is the cost of having them. That’s the amount of effort that is ok to expect from players to expend in playing their character

1 Like

This is a common misconception among people that i read a lot about similar things in games.

Pressing these buttons every 30 seconds doesn’t take any player skill nor it costs you anything, as their cooldowns are half, or less then half of their duration anyway. Its just an arbitrary outdated limitation of these skills that make those tedious to follow, especially if you’re a class that uses 2 out of 3. Making them last indefinitely will objectively won’t make them any stronger at all.

With this logic, you might say that the toggle auras being auto-casted makes them OP as well.

You could argue about them being already OP current patch though.

7 Likes

It would make the heal far stronger because you no longer had to manage it. So technically wrong that wouldn’t make them stronger.

And if it meant them losing the heal, no thank you. Let them stay the way they are.

You still have to press a button to get healing, so what is the difference? Also there are in-game bonuses like +120 seconds duration to BoD, WoR, Pneumatic Burst etc. Are they considered overpowered? Hardly. Why not making such buffs permanent then?

I feel the same way as you, but it’s something you can add with an existing mod if Z doesn’t do it:

#bestmodever! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Because no time limit would mean you can save your heal for whenever you want instead of now having to wait until the last second if you want to save it in a pinch. Meaning you don’t have the heal for whenever you want if it’s timed like it is now because they have a window where their heals is on cooldown.

Those are tied to specific items and not universal. Giant difference.

I also doubt very much Zantai is gonna allow these buffs to remain as stacked as they are while having no time limit because an universal non-exclusive skill walking around with 12%+ physical resistance, 100% poison resistance, flat OA, flat health regen, flat acid, % acid/vitality damage and % retal with no drawbacks of any kind is ridiculous. This would make them far stronger than buffs like Flame Touched and Mogdrogen’s Pact because they have more stats on top of having an on the fly heal.

1 Like

Pneumatic Breath and Blood of Dreeg (and Word of Renew while we’re at it) are just fine how they are. Timing your heals is an engaging part of combat and rather enjoyable. Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

3 Likes

Not a bad thing. You still need to manage your healing since those skills have CD but not to worry about uptiming for buffs.

This is already present, just tedious to re-apply. And look - nothing OP.

And? The bonuses are still in game.

Again, making such skills aura-like with healing on demand would break nothing. Time your heals, engage in combat, enjoy. I see no problem or power outbreak in such changes.

What? You already have those buffs permanently. I’m just asking for a huge quality of life tweak here.

Their heal value or cooldown can be adjusted.

If you are just ignore what i posted, i don’t see the point of continuing this discussion. I explained very clearly why making the buff permanent (which it isn’t now because it requires the player to manually refresh it) while having an on the fly heal would make these buffs far stronger than they are now.

Yeah, on a timed buff and not a permanent one. The fact that you have to manually refresh it doesn’t make it true permanent like Flame Touched because every thirty seconds you have to refresh it or you lose the buff. Making them truly permanent would remove more decisions from combat and make the game feel more passive than it is now.

no, because people don’t wait for the 29th second to use the heal, they use it constantly - the only builds that don’t are pet builds, because they’ll want to actually not overheal vs cooldown, player builds however don’t care about the heal/overhealing at 90%, since they have 500 other heal sources
pretty sure it was even mentioned in a post from the dev that, aside from template issue, it wasn’t even about the heal, but about deliberately “forcing” slight extra piano of the player to get the buffs, being well aware people were just auto clicking the button whenever cooldown was up, regardless of “needing” the heal or actually being in dire straits really needing the heal…
making the duration permanent in 0 way makes the heal OP or even that more stronger than it is (because it’s pretty darn weak)

3 Likes

You maybe don’t, but i do. Don’t assume everyone plays the same as you do.

same goes to you? if 1 player plays like you, does not invalidate others not doing it, nor that the effect for you is relatively placebo/the heal not being as OP as you perceive

I never assumed how everyone used the buff unlike you.

No one said that the heal would be OP, it just would make the whole skill OP if it was permanent because it removes something that the player has to keep track of in combat.

This is no different than people asking for Wind Devils to be permanent.

→

implies the heal (being freely available) is the part that makes these buff stronger
and i’m pointing out, no it will not, because the heal is not the strong part of the buff nor that strong, it’s the buff itself, increased duration would have minimal impact on the heal side of things, and not make the buffs “far stronger” (sry i dared to paraphrase that to OP)

It’s not the strongest part but makes the buff stronger than buffs with no heal.

OP isn’t asking for this, they are asking for the buff to be permanent.

in what way, is permanent not increased duration?
again, it does not change anything; the heals would not become stronger; because they’re just not that good

not by much, remove the heal, keep that stat overload, and they would still out compete regular buffs, simply by sheer volume of stats,
the heal is the smallest and most inconsequential part, outside early game levelling, or for pet builds using occultist or inquis - and permanent duration would not change the heal value there since you’d still be using it more frequent to keep pets healed (that usually take more dmg than that in 30secs), and likewise for levelling where you take more dmg before the cooldown is up

Why is this a question? Lol

Increased duration implies that it can still end and you have to refresh it, permanent means you no longer have to.

No. I actually really enjoy the heal, specially on classes with not that much sustain. Removing it just because some people can’t press a button at separate intervals would flat out nerf some of my builds and make their survivability even just slightly worse.

I would not call healing over a third or more of my health (that gets boosted by healing increase) to be inconsequential or hardly mattering, that shit has saved my ass plenty of times, specially after getting hit by hard attacks.