Pet Changes Discussion - now with 100% less testing!

Can we revert the pet changes? Clearly people don’t like it.

4 Likes

are we playing the same game? Is beastcalled medal adding 478 flat physical damage to pets?

I like them.

Majority doesn’t though.

4 Likes

Has there been a poll? Should game be designed about what a majority thinks? You pet guys have had your fun now, playing broken and unbalanced stuff for years now.

I also think they are great. Long ago I tired of the ~3pet set meta. I looked at a few old hybrids and mix-max builds from long ago and I think they could be much more interesting now. TBD when time permits. Also Beastcaller helm was due for a hit(even if it was rather small) as it is/was 90% BiS.

1 Like

I don’t get what your problem is. Why would you like nerfs in a single player game where there’s absolutely no competition no pvp no leaderboards nothing of the kind. Pets aren’t completely dominating everything where they’re so blatantly over powered and deserved it.

The fact that you say you had your fun playing broken and unbalanced things for years makes no sense what so ever. We play pets in GD because they’re actually good in this game where in most arpgs they are sub par.

4 Likes

You guys are impressive! Not only did you figure everything out in a day, you polled the entire audience too.

I feel like an exhausted scratched record at this point, but here we go again for the latest patch…if you find a change in a patch has been harmful to build variety or the viability of a build, we are happy to investigate…IF proper data is provided to justify changes.

7 Likes

Not liking is an understatement. I have never had any major issues with the changes the devs made, I mostly just grinned and beared them, but this… basically made these sets and items give far less bonuses than any other set. All sets have a significant final item bonus, and they removed just that.
As for the Primal Spirit, I now have dead kitties littering the room whereever I go, I have to resummon him so often.

I tried just to play and so far I did not notice my pets killing things significantly slower than they usually did, but this is just the main game, not the Shattered Realm. We will see. One thing I did notice is my own character gets hurt far easier now, so some resistance was nerfed on some of the gear I have for sure.

1 Like

They do for me.
Actually it is even larger now, huh. Maybe whatever is shown in-game is modified by the Briarthorn’s aura?

Clearly you are not playing a Conjurer then.

This, so much. There is no multiplayer, basically nobody plays PVP. I understand fixing things like the camera rotating exploit (which I never heard of until the development update) but why change something that works perfectly?

2 Likes

One is scaled by the Briarthorn’s stats, the other is raw stats.

The set gives 15 damage to all pets, the neck gives 35 to the hellhound and 22 to the briarthorn.

2 Likes

When it comes to crucible (buffs) pets feel even better. I changed absolutely nothing from 1.1.8 to 1.1.9 and I feel like bysmiel conjurer will do sub5 with enough patience

2 Likes

If you checked maya’s thread on reddit just about everyone who’s replied is clearly either upset or leaning negatively towards the changes. Just about every one here who has even commented on a pet change is either not happy or neutral. Besides the two guys who just posted above me.

Flat out not updating the game if it’s proven the changes are overall nerfs and don’t balance out. My goal for years has been to get full beast callers on a conjurer for double brair and i’ve never achieved it and now it seems pointless because i’ve already theory crafted even better build than before and won’t give anyone ideas so it won’t get nerfed.

3 Likes

You got me, that must have been at least 15 people, most of which hadn’t actually played with the changes!

2 Likes

Ah, OK, thanks for the explanation. It’s weird that the items then apparently shows the stats of the pets’ actual stats.

About the changes, just gotta say, some of us were proud we used totally legal, unmodified in-game items to whittle down that Primal Spirit cooldown and use +duration items to reduce the cooldown as much as possible, looking for that perfect Bound Wraith for many, many hours… so I can add the strongest bleed damage pet to my bleed damage focused Conjurer build. I won’t say it was the cornerstone of my build or anything, but now I cannot just run into a bossfight without first waiting for the cooldown to finish… It’s just something that saddens me. I mean I assumed that’s what the Bound Wraith was meant for? To help keep the kitty around longer? Now I might as well not use it and find some other off-hand.

4 Likes

No need to poll the entire audience when only a handful of them are influencing the changes.

I highly doubt that the majority of the playerbase were or are doing 4min cruci runs or pushing SR 120+ and yet the patches roll out based on the performances of the minority and affecting only said minority in a non negligible way.

And it is hard to provide data that can convince you when your definition of what is balanced and those who are complaining are vastly different.

5 Likes

Humans generally don’t like undesired change, so can you blame them for not even trying to play with the changes?

2 Likes

I wish to know that too. Since the Primal Spirit has a basic strong bleed attack, it is a natural thing to include in a bleed pet Conjurer build like mine… but I wanted to use the Beastcaller set too of course. Now I would have to choose between the significant damage boost to the Briarthorn+Hellhound and the even more significant extra Briarthorn, or using Halion’s Crest.
With the latter, I can get the cooldown of the Primal Spirit down to 3.2 seconds. So still far more than it was in 1.1.8, and I lose out a whole extra pet and damage bonuses… Yeah means I need to stick with my current setup. I don’t think there is any other item that gives such a bonus to Primal Spirit - there is the Necrolord’s Shroud I think but again, uses a slot I already use for the Beastcaller set.

2 Likes

You dont even know if its undesired (yet) because you havent tried it… Bring the man evidence. Im putting together my shit now and going to try it … If its destroyed Ill show him videos, gt’s … The man can do nothing WITH nothing because you dislike something you read.

3 Likes

Humans are welcome to do what they like with their time, but I hope they don’t also expect to have their complaints taken seriously if they are not backed up by anything besides feels.

3 Likes

As Zantai’s pointed out many times he’s happy to listen to feedback after changes have been tested. If you can’t or won’t be bothered to test, don’t expect any changes to be reverted just because you don’t like them.

4 Likes