Pet Changes Discussion - now with 100% less testing!

that is not data, that is just a calculation.

1 Like

Then what, pray tell, is data for you?

Full pet sets are different than other sets. You had options to begin with. You want double brair go beast callers, you want double bird go bysmiel you want double hound then pick that set. Each set had a specific purpose and appeal to different people. If you liked the bird go bird if you liked big befy tanks go brair.

1 Like

Was the snark in the topic title really required?

I don’t need testing to know that before the changes I had the cooldown of the Primal Spirit down to 26.9 seconds and it lived for 25 seconds, now it lives for 20 seconds and the cooldown is 29.2 seconds, so I now have to wait 9.2 seconds instead of 1.9 between summons.
It’s pure math.
What is there to test, sorry? A cooldown cannot be tested. It is what it is, numbers.

1 Like

Correct, but Pets are notorious for not having enough skill points.

This makes that issue even more problematic.

And Beastcaller builds are notorious for not having enough skill points compared to to other sets.

To give an example with my own Fluffy Squishy, if I were to simply max out Birbs, then goodbye Hound. Briarthorn exists, but won’t do much currently.

Dmg from sets nerfed, but no attractive alternatives since Beastcaller pieces still remain BiS.

I can see Briarthorn dropping like a fly everytime something looks at it.

Playing with 2 maxed out birbs as a walking turret might be fun, but if I wanted to do that, I rather just play my Will-O-Wisp which was hit considerably less or not at all. Having 5x ghosts > a weak Shrubbery + Primal bond.

4 Likes

That sucks. actually gross.

3 Likes

I never said I can’t start modding or not use mods.

2 Likes

How builds perform in game

this is just talk from a spoiled elitist, who uses calla as training dummy whereas most other builds are happy if they can kill her at all :slight_smile: My briars had no trouble today in 75-76

2 Likes

This isn’t a “test to see if it’s been nerfed” because that’s just numbers, as you say. The test is to determine if the build can still perform somewhat similarly despite this. There will likely be a performance drop, but if it doesn’t break the build, that’s the intended effect. Whether the nerf is unfounded is a different point of discussion though.

The point is that nerfs rarely affect a build as drastically as players think it will, unless it literally kills a build by removing conversion or something like that

4 Likes

Builds perform in game? Let me tell you, now I have to stop and wait before entering the 4th shard of the Shattered Realm because it’s NOT the same thing if I can summon my Primal Spirit in 2 seconds when 2 Nemesis jump in my neck, or if it’s 9 seconds.
How’s that for performance?

Same here. I been playing since Alpha and never, ever used any mods for the main game. I only tried out the Diablo II total conversion mod a few times. I never add items for myself with GDStash or increase levels… because that’s just cheating. I like to play the game as it is.

I already said that in the other thread, it doesn’t kill the build at all, it’s just a major annoyance that I geared this character towards reducing the cooldown and increasing the life of the Primal Spirit so much I can summon him to practically be always around… and now this is not possible anymore.
See above why this is a major problem when you need that significant extra damage during a SR boss convention and you need to run around waiting for that 9 second summon cooldown.

3 Likes

is it SR 15 or 150? Can you still complete the shards, do you have videos? etc, this is what devs what as feedback.

1 Like

I am a Birb and I see a big birb in the middle of a desert throwing sand at my face.
What do you expect me to do? make sand castles?

1 Like

There is a medel that increases primal spirit uptime, but that means no more double briars.

According to my math, it should result in around 3s downtime for the kitten

1 Like

You could try being less of an ass.

To be fair to Zantai, Maya’s Fluffy Squishy still seems to be performing well with what I’ve been throwing at it for the last couple of hours with no changes to anything. Not quite as fast though.

To be fair to everyone complaining though, I expected a modicum of professionalism from Zantai, and not this stupid snark he’s throwing out just to rile people up.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I never went above 80, I am not some minmaxer.
I am saying it again, slowly, so you can understand… I don’t care about performance, I care that it was an OPTION to reduce the cooldown so much that you could have the Primal Spirit around almost permanently. It was not easy and took me a while to get the right items. So it is painful to have this taken away.
I won’t be doing videos 'cause I have a day job and severe overtime… I should be sleeping even now, not posting here. Goodbye.

3 Likes

I’m glad you pointed this out. This is the intended effect. Before people had 0 reason to not go 4 piece beastcaller, so all of the sudden a medal is starting to look a lot more appealing to primal spirit builds after the beastcaller nerf.

1 Like

I expect Zantai to be Zantai. If anything he just earned points for that great title. Great job Zantai. Keep doing you.

3 Likes

No one has any reason not to go 4 piece beastcaller now either, unless they want a sub par build.

That medal will look appealing for those who have never actually made a pet build or have any understanding on how pets work, maybe.

2 Likes

Yes, Halion’s Crest. 3.2 exactly. I just posted that in the other topic. But yeah you lose out on the double Briarthorns and the skill bonuses. Not ideal. I’d rather have the extra Briathorn than save 6 seconds cooldown.

I gotta ask again, whom was that +5 seconds duration increase to the Primal spirit on a completed set really hurting?
I don’t care now if you take away the +% damage bonuses but the duration increase was crucial and you can ONLY get it with a complete set.

1 Like