Playtesters' plea for help - Zantai's Last Secret

Getting there bro! What build are you working on?

OP top secret hahaha! Patience man. Just need one more item and I can do a complete overhaul. It will be strong I promise :wink:

1 Like

Dropped one more relic - Necrosis. 3 to go lol. My bet is Nemesis will be the last to drop, lol

Three build defining items I’m looking for are all level 75. Guess my best chance is to ‘exclude’ all higher level items from the pool. Which means no rogue dungeons for now. Only nemesis bosses on Elite. Moosi it is…

@adoomgod and @Contragor. You two are status DIVINITY. I’ve been doing this on softcore (currently at level 57) and I’ve died so many times it makes me cry. I cannot fathom the tenacity, perseverance and patience required to do it in HC.

Just need to adopt the right strategy and have some direction of a plan. Obviously, in HC you gravitate towards survivability more than damage and clearing speed. So, resistances, armor, health pool, regen, are all very important. Which reduces your available damage options. Like right now, at level 90, I absolutely need a specific item before I can switch over to a more powerful spec, capable of farming ultimate without me falling asleep lol. The item is level 75, so I’m stuck running nemesis on Elite now. 12 Moosilauke and 10 Alkamos kills today got me nothing, not even a single seal blueprint so far.

1 Like

RNGesus loves you… and loves trolling you. Remember, he rolled The Dice for you and is still rolling The Dice for you. Every moment, every micro-moment. AMEN!

If you scared go to Church!

1 Like

Hahaha! The trolling continues. Another relic drops- no dice! Only two are left - Oblivion and Nemesis. I need Nemesis. Guess which one will drop next? Good thing I don’t buy lottery tickets…

The Grind is Real

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know. 50% chance of success seems the best odds ever. :wink:

1 Like

28 out of 29 LoL

You don’t get less lucky than that:

1 Like

This is correct. With the right strategy, enough patience, and proper cautious gameplay anyone can do this challenge. There are only some dangerous points at low level when tanky gear isn’t that available and then again in Ultimate if you decide to go the Solael route. I suppose Galfang in ultimate could also be threatening but I don’t think he’d be as bad as Mr. Lightning Osyr mummy.

1 Like

I am quickly learning that PATIENCE is my biggest weakness. I’m glad I did this on software first (currently just hit 60). When I tackle it in HC further down the line, there is a lot this is teaching me about PATIENCE in the game.

But you two are still ROCKSTARS as far as I’m concerned and anyone who says otherwise can go jump in the Void. :smiley:

It surely was the last relic to drop heh

Now if only I could get the seal. Haven’t seen any seal blueprints yet. Which begs the question, do they even drop on Elite? Maybe it’s worth farming them on Ultimate even if it’s 5 times slower and the pool includes 84 and 94 level items?

2 Likes

I’ve seen seals drop in ancient grove and the final zones of AoM and FG in elite

Ancient Grove? You mean the vendor? Final boss? Or random drops?

From drops the vendor doesn’t sell seals. It’s also from drops and treasure troves in tomb of the eldritch sun and the fleshworks

EDIT: about half of my seals came from the treasure trove in tomb of the eldritch sun

2 Likes
  1. Getting so close Guys! The tension and excitement can be cut with a knife! Spent a LOT of hours this weekend farming various locations on Elite. Got a few nice drops that could fill the gaps while transitioning from fire/burn to the endgame spec (allow me to keep it secret for a bit :wink:
    Two seal blueprints dropped today in low SR. Not the ones I’m looking for (Duh, you should know my luck by now, hehehe), but one seal surprised me upon close inspection. I think it might end up in the final spec.

Missing

1 item to be able to respec into my final build
1 more item to make it super tough
1 last item to make it really strong

Need a time machine! 24 hours is clearly not enough for this kind of gaming…

3 Likes

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good - dinged 94 and was able to respec into my final build or rather its weaker version.

The Bad - a lot of gear optimization is needed. This includes leveling the new RR devotions and farming the remaining components (4/10 for seals now, still missing the most important one). So the damage not much higher [yet] than that of the fire/burn spec.

The Ugly - can’t advance in Ultimate without resistance cap, which is now missing. So, I’m back to farming different areas on Elite for a bit. Spent another 40 ancient hearts but still didn’t get the most needed item from the Hold’s smith. This is going to be a very long grind given my luck so far, but I won’t stop until this item is acquired!

Onward and upward!

5 Likes

Fistfull of Dollars

I am progressing in softcore with a classless char and have full respect and credos with where you have got to in hardcore. - awesome!

The Good - i have iron coming out of my ears and not much to spend on.

The Bad - i have good resistances, but struggling to fight my way out of a paper bag.

The Ugly - well frankly, I was just born that way.

Looking forward in anticipation to see your outcome on this thread :open_mouth:

4 Likes
  1. Wasted some more mats for nothing. Total RR is now a whopping 50% lol. Damage is much better than fire/burn but still only about 40-50k dps combined. One third of what I theorycrafted for endgame.

Still need 2 blueprints to really boost both the damage and toughness. Got about 40% of the level 75 components, but not the ones I need, as usual.

That’s a normal feeling when going classless, mate. It IS possible to get good damage though, with the right synergies. Fire/burn gives a lot of damage early on and you can use Justicar set non mythical version at level 68!, which can be crafted from the blueprint from the plant vendor from the grove. Can get it even on Normal. The downside is that you won’t have much RR and there are tons of highly resistant mobs…
At level 75 many more possibilities arise. Lightning, cold, vitality, even chaos. You can get quite a few set blueprints from the same vendor. That’s when the real fun of theorycrafting begins. Having faced a number of bosses on Ultimate already, I can assure you that the damage will be there in the end, but the grind is real.

4 Likes
  1. Got both my turtle and tinker procs triggered last night for the first time in a while, a close one for sure. The closest to RIP I’ve got so far. Never, ever do SRs in HC without at least 50% resistance overcap across the board. I wanted a better and quick loot and almost lost all progress because of being greedy. Shortcuts can make long delays. Beware of any mobs that apply strong debuffs, like those griffons that mark your char with an eye symbol. Another rule of thumb should be to never let yourself get multiple debuffs at the same time. If that happens, disengage from the mobs immediately and reposition. You can easily get killed in SR level 1 on Elite, even Normal if not paying 150% attention.

Back to the grind. Big plans for this weekend. Will do my best to upload a video with the current gear and performance. Still leveling the new devotions, looking for the elusive blueprints to allow for ‘safer’ Ultimate experience. Mostly running Elite troves, Moosi, Alkamos and a few bosses that drop useful MIs.

2 Likes