Playtesters' plea for help - Zantai's Last Secret

Crap, I made the wrong link that was for my possible pet idea, I have almost none of that equipment because it was theory crafting on grim tools. LOL.

THIS is my current setup. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25J0pBV. It’s a chaos driven path. This is the one with the helm I’m proud of nabbing (just a +1 rare).

Sorry about the confusion. I was asking Maya about pet builds and cross linked the wrong thing. Sigh.

No worries, your chaos spec is pretty good too. 100+ RR is very high for classless! Just need to optimize it with better chaos gear and improve DA a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, the DA is painful. I am pretty proud of the Physical Resist and all my other resists though. :smiley: Energy expenditure is a bit tricky. I use a lot of mana pots to keep my mana up during prolonged uses of Ob. Tremor. And the biggest thing that gets me in trouble is Ghoul/Dying God. Because if they both go off at the same time (something I try to avoid by hitting DG before Ghoul can pop) then if it’s a boss battle I will almost surely get screwed because they both run out at the same time then.

I was thinking about maybe ditching Ghoul for another defensive constellation that isn’t on a ‘timer’ as it were to alleviate this. Thoughts? Maybe Lotus or Druid?

Take behemoth, at least 3 points and it should close the gap by adding decent regeneration. It’s within your spec already, so you don’t need to change a lot of devotions.

I usually grab both Behemoth and Tree of life. Tree has lower cooldown and fixes both HP and energy regeneration issues.

edit:

Actually, how about reaching Abomination via Behemoth? That would boost your damage and regen like crazy. Lower cooldown than dying god.

Maybe something like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vxm9PbZ

1 Like

Yeah, I went back and forth about Abomination vs. Dying God. Chalk that up to SC full class builds where you REALLY don’t want to lose that 3% OA. But here it may be warranted. I’ll give this a whirl and see what happens. The partially good news about this is that in the first 30 or so levels I was using Behemoth so it’s leveled a bit higher than from scratch. Thanks for the input.

Btw, if you have the blueprint: Oblivion relic, can replace your weapon with a S&B combo and spam oblivion instead. And if you happen to have voidsoul set, even better. The shield is -15% chaos res.

1 Like

Okay, dude this was a miracle cure. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZo6vwlV

This is how I did my respec on devotions. I didn’t want to ditch Wendigo as I really like that devotion alot but I took Abomination and Behemoth as suggested. I also crafted three Oblivion relics (which has REALLY set me back mats now) to get a good one. And I gotta tell you, this is made a world of difference. I spend the last 2 hours testing this and didn’t ‘perish’ a single time. Got close once or twice but every boss I hit handled readily.

That said, this thing is an energy hog more than the other spec BUT I don’t have to continually spam this the way things work with it because my health regen is so good I can afford to stand a second or two without getting wacked.

This even has me contemplating dropping that Obsidian Juggernaut for some one handers and shield/offhand. I’m looking over the stuff I do have to see if something might fit well but the dilemma is that I have to have something I can bind the devotion attached to to Ob Tremor before I can shift it out.

Thank you so much for the advice.

1 Like

Glad to see it’s working for you, mate! As for energy regen, look for lich’s rings of meditation or something similar. A single green ring can boost your current regen 3-4x. And for more toughness, a green shield with flat health, health regen and physical resistance would be the icing on the cake.

2 Likes

Whoop-whoop! 7xCelestial Lotus and 1 mill iron bits later… and got my second set piece! 2/4 acquired! So far, transmuting unneeded set items seems to be the most efficient way for me.

Almost ready to spend another 40 Hearts and 40 mutagens.

No rush here, just a nice and steady grind…

2 Likes

Yesterday I reached 100 on SC. Yay me. Humbling and embarrassing due to how much I died.

So guess what I did?

Promptly started an HC classless character. THIS time, though I am going to go so slow I might finish sometime in 2020. Seriously. See you all at the end.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Darkest Side, mate! Wishing you the best of luck in your HC classless journey. May RNGESUS smile upon you! And try to always be on the safe side and keep your cool. Do you have a build in mind, or just gonna let the drops lead you?

And congrats on reaching 100 in SC classless.

1 Like

Thank you, sir. I have no real idea. My rules aren’t as ‘serious’ as your’s for the journey. I plan to use shared stash and everything, but I only have 2 other HC characters so my stash depth isn’t very deep. No real build in mind other than anything and everything to do with staying alive. I reached lvl 20 but I’m scared to go further because I’m at “Kill Warden Krieg” and well just reading that makes me want to roll into a ball and call for my mommy. My gear is midland. I did get a Massacre that dropped and throw on a Burning Ember. Think I need a breather for a few days so I can stop whining and moaning like a newborn with diaper rash. :smiley:

2 Likes

You don’t have to engage Warden if not ready. Can advance towards Cronley instead and come back later. But I’m not sure if facing him later is much easier…

Update on the grind (resources spent so far):

Ancient Heart: 400
Aetherial Mutagen: 270
Celestial Lotus: 43
Iron bits: 19 million

Not much luck so far. Got a ton of legendaries and some blueprints but nothing game changing yet. Still grinding happily here. But before you say I’m crazy, consider this:

I’ve spent way over a hundred hours grinding, WHILE listening to a number of scientific radio channels and audio books. Most of it is a quality learning time in addition to amazing and exciting gaming experience.

Here’s to another 100 ancient hearts! :beer:

2 Likes

Here’s a listeningtip to cheer you up while grinding! Remember, Dont panic!!!

3 Likes

This cannot be!!! I’m being trolled and haunted and cursed. Spent so many resources on gambling for nothing. Then, try one more time out of despair with only 20 hearts and 6 lotus and I freaking get both the amulet and 2 remaining set items 3 out of 3 tries!!! How does it even work? How is that possible? Oh, and to top it off, got the crappiest rolls on all of them hahaha.

Did Zantai secretly hack my pc and is now trolling me?

Anyhow, get ready for some real action this weekend! Just need to optimize the build…

1 Like

Don’t lose faith child, RNGesus loves you! Ohhhm!

1 Like

bowfingerstar2

1 Like

Untwinked is king. You get to experience the entire process as if playing for the first time. Every new blueprint or component brings excitement. HC makes it even more pronounced since death is final. Arguably classless may seem like masochism, but I see it the other way around. It makes every choice much more important. Balancing toughness and damage turns into a constant theory crafting. You literally reevaluate every synergy you can lay your hands on.

Wait till you see the final GT later tonight. It’s by no means going to be perfectly refined, but the toughness and damage are adequate for HC Ultimate now!

1 Like

I don’t really play hardcore (tho I tend to play SC as HC - deleting toons if they die) but about 99% of the time I play untwinked. Usually when I delete a toon I also delete everything, stash and blueprint files.

So I guess I do play hardcore w/ the option to keep going if I (rarely) change my mind.

2 Likes