Poll: Component Completion Bonuses

But isn’t it better than a unique fixed bonus per component ?

And I though I read all the posts…damn need for sleep. :furious:

Lets take a real life example. At around level 12-14 you start getting gear that you want to equip asap but cannot due to attribute requirements. Currently, depending on the gear and the build, I typically start socket-ting rings with Emeralds. I do not have too many to choose from, but at least 3 by this point and sometimes I pick +max physique, other times +max another attributes and occasionally, I pick the ones that have +smaller values to two attributes. But, at this point in the game, all my iron is going to health pots and doing this socket-to-see bonus thing, then to inventor to undo and then re-socket thing would consume time and be expensive to just get my attribute high enough to equip the other gear.

Maybe I am abusing Emeralds in this way, but almost every toon I have made has this step in its development.

I think both options seem alright. I can see why some people like the extra customization that the completion bonuses give, even if I don’t see myself farming a component just for a better completion bonus.

If I’m going to farm something it has to be more of an incentive. Farming for a particular component is enough of one since they can be build defining. I’d however rather not rely on having a particular completion bonus that I might never find.

The possibility of getting more varied bounties also appeal to me. Getting more use out of components I don’t need also sounds nice. This change would serve to possibly make the bounty mechanic more interesting and also give room for other ways of adding customization.

I voted yes but I don’t dislike it as it is currently either. It’s there to take advantage of if I want after all. But the possibility of getting a better implemented mechanic, as well as opening up for other customization mechanics that I might like more tips the balance some.

it makes very little difference to the first half (even medierra said so somewhere in this thread) and definitely does the opposite of the second half of your sentence

I feel like randomization is somewhat cool, but when there’s too much variety, it becomes difficult to handle. For example Hallowed ground. Why would anyone want any of the bonuses other than the +1 all skills. So I’m for randomization but, somwehere in between. For example a component should give only 1 type of bonus, for example fire resistance, but that could vary, for example, A ‘bad’ component only gives 2 fire resistance, a ‘good’ one gives 15, as a bonus. But if it’s an either-or choice, I’ve voted for Yes.

Kudos for opening this difficult matter for debate.

I voted Yes. There are just too many components to make random bonuses really fun to “track”. See, I’ve played The Crew :o which is an extreme example of how the cons outweigh the pros (“oh noes, stupid brake bonus on a level 50 part !”) so even though GD will rock either way, I think Yes is definitely the lesser of two evils.

Exactly the same feeling for me.
I already have my entire inventory + stash + all shared stash tabs full of completed components because they can not stack but are necessary for crafting.I don’t want to take more time managing inventory it is not fun and breaks the flow of the gameplay and I can not store more items.

Having a fixed completion bonus removes a small layer of randomness and build variety but this game already has a lot of loot, randomness and possibilities for build ; it might be more interesting to improve the variety by focusing on other aspects of the game if it is faster/ easier for developers : everyone will win in this scenario developers taking less time and resources and players by having more content / build variety.

I’ve mentioned I’d prefer the random bonus to be gone a few times. I still feel it is better for the game.

That seems like an excellent way to do it.

Someone else had already suggested it back in the depths of this thread, but I don’t remember who.

This is something WoW tried with their daily quests once, it didn’t last. Adding convoluted middle steps, that will also require a lot of programming work, is not what we’re looking at. Also that falls under the fabled option C, which again is not on the table in the first place.

There is always an option C.

I’d rather not have something I dont know about and have never experienced (bounties) than have one of the top selling unique features of the game gutted. Heck, if they are so problematic why not go the whole hog and just remove Components altogether…it would hardly make any difference from what is being proposed. That said, if it happened my interest in the game would plummet.:cry:

This is the first time I think Crate is looking at making a truly bad decision.:mad:

Player since B14, but my 2nd post on the forum.
First of all, thanks Crate for letting us decide on the matter.

I want to say that I’m enjoying the game a lot and since b14 this game has become better and better. I’m sure it will be amazing whichever will be the result.
I’m saddened to see all this drama for something like this.

I just wanted to drop by and give some supports to developers. They don’t need all this drama and the earlier this thread ends, the faster they can start pushing the new version out. I’m looking forward for the new version!

Keep up the good work!
Cheers from Japan!

Same here, so far I had faith in Crate’s vision and direction, but this move is as stupid as the AH in D3 was and does make me doubt that Crate will find / choose a good solution for the game.

I can easily live without whatever small benefits removing the completion bonus brings, but removing the completion bonus is a giant step in the wrong direction.

Voted “No”, cause it limits the ability to maintain balance it terms of equipment’s stats.

I would definately say NO. Removing these completion bonuses have one major drawback which you havent mentioned. LESS things to do for end game. You would basicaly lower the “longetivity” of the game by A LOT.

Ive gotten to a point where I am gathering capped completion bonuses, and becaue there are so many, it takes a long time to find em all.
Now I understand not everyone likes to hunt down “perfect Components”, but I do know for a FACT that there are many people who do.
Otherwise achievements would have no appeal for any “completionist gamer”, since they arent even bringing anything to the table, of the ingame stuff. For example, looking for capped items to “collect” them all, brings a stronger character to the table as well.

No, you would kill a lot of the end game. Do not for the love of god remove completion bonuses.

This problem pops up with all in development games. Once something is in it can never be taken away without hordes of angry people. In the end I hope they make the choice they want and don’t just try and please the loudest group. I expect not to see my preferred outcome. So I’m not going to be disappointed. Honestly though reading this whole thread was the most part of my day. So many people slinging mud and trying to be the loudest…

I dont know how much influence this poll has on the devs or the devs have already made up their minds. I believe the new influx of new players is making this poll a little bit one sided. People who are new to the game will think of the current component system as a hassle or tedious or space occupying but dont see the complexity/customizability of component bonuses.

Taking away complexity will cater to the new but is this good for the game in the long run? We know what happened to the mighty diablo when the devs decided to cater to the masses. How long did D3 last? Most of players who voted yes argue about stash space or time taking to manage components. We already have improved the UI where you can complete parts in one click or sort your stash in one click. Adding more tabs to stash space takes very little time to do for the devs so the argument for space is not a good one.

If this problem will delay the release of the full game… so be it. I want a great game and not a game where features are taken out because the game has to be released by a certain date. I am sure most of sure who were here since the earlier builds dont mind waiting an extra few months.

I was envisioning the Expansion adding dozens of new completion bonuses to add to the awesome customization and diversity in Grim Dawn.

If it is true then I don’t understand why haven’t they done so already.
We need ten times more space tabs (at least) if we want to store all the completed components and a lot of players already complaints about the small stash space (including bags and shared stash which are far from being enough).Also a scroll bar might be a good idea to expand stash if possible.
As it is an offline game with local save I also don’t understand the reason for limiting stash.