Poll: Component Completion Bonuses

no it isn’t. the answer is no. right now we have a choice. Say you want to use Rolling Blood in your Rings, You can now choose between a rolling blood with say completion bonus of 12% Aether Resist, 12% Chaos Resist or 12% of Poison Resists. If they implement this nonsense you no longer have a choice.

Why anyone would ever be willing give away choices to make character better for the changes offered is straight retarded.

And why do components need to be completed to gain a random bonus? Where the sense? I don’t see it. Why don’t components drop with additional random bonus right from the start? Just means lower drop chances to make it viable if you cut it down to this. And yes the combine button gets obsolete…pity that. What a revolution would this be… My brain hurts…

If it is solely the random completion bonuses that confuse the issue, why does it have to be a completed component that is used in the Bounty quests?

Couldn’t it just as well be a selection of shards (i.e. ingredients) for the bounty?

I was reading the actual aswer on the poll, and it just oriented in a way that ‘‘force’’ you to say yes if you do not totally understand what’s going on here.
In fact the answer doesn’t put foward the strong aspect of the randomisation#itemisation of the completion bonus on components. Is it intented Zantai?

Also :

1 - There are so many ways that the community could actually help to come with idea for inventory management# component management.

2 - I still don’t get the relation between bounties and making components with no completion bonus. I mean how about changing the system itself so the player can actually select the right component and not your best one.

Either way you have to make some change. Not sure time wise which one would take the most to do.

All in all, since the answer on the poll is biased (yes, yes it is), how about changing the system so we can select wich component we take AND make some changes toward inventory mangement and ask the community to help to come with ideas.

Here’s one right there:
In my char inventory/bags, I would like to be able to decide what kind of items go in what section when picked up. I would like to have a specific space for component because item goes in any inventory space and we end up having components in every bag too. How about we ‘‘select’’ wich item we want in a specific location of our inventory (when we pick up items), something like this (I only made 2 categories for the exemple) :

Then the obvious right choice is to leave completion bonuses alone, do the simpler bounties now, and do something more complex in the expansion.

This does not solve anything, I blame this on your hurting brain :wink:

Bounties/Crafting could perhaps take components that are in your main inventory and not your side bags / stash.

This way with crafting you could either immediately click craft if you have the component in your main inventory - or put a component in place from your other bag.

Or have a side bag that is only susceptible to Bounty or Crafting selection - as it would mean less inventory space being “threatened” by automatic selection.

They didn’t say “no” completion bonus, they said “fixed” completion bonus. That means that all Severed Claws would have the exact same completion bonus and it wouldn’t matter which one the Bounty took out of your inventory.

This is what several people have suggested, including myself, but it sounds like it would require a lot of work to a stable system when they are in the homestretch of completing the game and they don’t want to intro any huge bugs that would break characters.

who cares what component they take out of your inventory to complete the bounty. I mean it’s not like I’m going to have my components with good completion bonuses just hanging out in my inventory.

It’s not a matter of complexity really, it’s a question of what role we want components to play. Are they more like ingredients that are used in various things (sort of like the alchemy stuff in Oblivion), which could also act as things you deliver in bounty quests or do they remain more in the realm of items and remain randomized?

This isn’t going to change in an expansion. An expansion isn’t going to allow us to change the nature of components without the same issue.

So, either we do this or we don’t. It’s fine either way, it just comes down to what people want.

The more we push Grim Dawn beyond what it was originally designed to be, the more we’ll run into issues like this, where existing things in the game were not originally designed to do everything we’ve ended up wanting to do with them as time has progressed. Sometimes new ideas fit in nicely with existing stuff, other times they don’t and we have to make a choice about which way to move forward.

Excpet that I midhgt want a chipped claw with +%phys for my Soldier and I might want +%cold for my Nightblade.

The current system works! With the new proposed system there will be one bonus that’s just better that everyone will build for. Whichever has the +1 skill on it, or whichever has attack speed. Or whatever the best bonus happens to be.

Right now I often switch to a different completion bonus on the same type of component as my character grows or as my gear changes. Why take that away?

An interesting read of everyone’s opinions and thoughts…all things considered (as currently known) this one seems to be my choice:

Then the obvious right choice is to leave completion bonuses alone, do the simpler bounties now, and do something more complex in the expansion.

Unless there is no true choice, and then I’d go with this one:

Vote = YES

Just like this.

Yeah I know, but I like the random part of it. I’m sure there is a solution for the best of both feature :frowning:

Yeah, I saw the answer of medierra afterwards. Took me a litle while after writing my message before posting it, mostly because of the added image + talking to someone else playing grim dawn!

can you please elucidate on why component delivery is an example of compelling bounty gameplay in the first place? what do you think about the fact that people will just go out of their way to avoid the ‘gameplay’ involved in that sort of quest by either hoarding or duping components? what’s the problematic mechanical difference between a bounty that reads “turn in 5 frozen hearts” and a bounty that reads “slay 30 naga?”

This sort of nuanced stuff is non-intuitive and clunky. Having different bags you have to remember to move stuff around into for different purposes is a hack solution that will likely frustrate people.

Potentially anyone who doesn’t have dozens of every component type stored away in a stash.

In your previous post you said you didn’t want to make a UI change because you are under time pressure to get out a release.

Moving the UI change into an expansion would relieve that time pressure.

Maybe. :smiley:
This is just an example for “sense” and “antisense” in regard of “is a feature (or a part of it) bringing the gameplay forward anyhow or not?” Maybe it helps to look at things from a preceded position. Like “What are we doing and why are we doing it?” Sometimes realisation can be hard of course but it can be a healing.

There are already more than enough players who seed check partial components before completing component and dupers for completed component. While back there was also thread for component bonus reroll option and that feature was never added to game. If you seed check or dupe components then there clearly is something wrong with bonuses because need to do it.

Personally i dont mind removing component random bonuses if components would have more stats and reason is because i never liked random compliton bonuses in TQ and i dont like it Grim Dawn and Grim Dawn also has stat deviation in random complition bonus (TQ didnt) and that adds another rng layer to rng layer. At least there isnt different components for each difficulty level in GD like it is in TQ.

the poll should read “Should random completion bonuses be removed to make way for other improvements?” A should read “Yes, the benefits outweigh customization” and B should read somewhat like “The itemization and customization advantages outweigh storage and quest quality-of-life.”

Even though “fixed” is somewhat accurate here, it’s very easy to interpret it as “fixed as in not broken” rather than the intended “fixed as in static, not dynamic.” Furthermore, B is an unfair statement to pose. Of course people care about the benefits, but that doesn’t mean that they care more about them than other elements of the game.