(Poll) Which build(s) shall I do next? SSF - for "beginners"

I don’t like Cadence at all, it’s really powerful and such, but only affects every 3rd attack.

Also, it’s a stupid design decision that the single target Skill Savagery is worse against single targets than the AoE Primal Strike.

and in the hits between you have nice WPS like Zolhan and Feral Hunger :slight_smile:
And cadance also acivates deadly momentum which you know affects everything :slight_smile:

At least for melee :wink:

I am not sure about that. Savagery damage does look lower but you can trigger WPS skills. And Savagery have charging system, which will make your strikes more potent and charge system is acting as multiplier for your WPS skills as well. So Savagery is much better skill than you think, although for 2H melee Primal Strike and Blade Arc with gear support are tough to beat.

4 Likes

I was thinking about what MI weapons there are for the 2H melee “auto attack” skills

Savegery has this bleed focused weapon Troll Bonecrusher that makes feral hunger hit in arc and buffs that wps.

Fire damage Fervor Korvan Burning Halberd enhances smite and make it hit in arc. Also has total multiplier to fervor! Never seen used in build.

Fire strike Barthollem’s Warmaul gives 3 targets, hit in arc, and total modifier. (fire strike already has total modifier as transmuter for 2H weapons) never seen used in build?

Blade arc Korvan Celestial Halberd converts aether and vitality damage to physical, perfect match for death knight. Also battlemage and warder can use it well I think

Acid Damage Fervor Korvan Eldritch Halberd lacks the total damage modifier otherwise very similar to fire version. Never seen used.

Primal strike Korvan Storm Halberd seems like good replacer before one gets Ultos set.

Cadence Voldrak’s Crusher extra weapon damage to cadence, looks sick!

I think the troll bonecrusher and the eldritch halberd should get +10% total damage to savagery / fervor.

3 Likes

I did test the Barthollem Warmaul in 1.1.7, the dps was pretty ok but as a Shieldbreaker without the damage reduction BWC now has, it was terribly glassy. With the last patch and a more well-rounded build it has to be good.
There’s also something to try with Upheaval, if I’m not mistaken, if Upheaval procs, it will proc around all targets hit by Fire Strike, basically making you shotgun with a mace. That sounds awesome, right ?

1 Like

Sure you can do these builds.

• Troll Bonecrusher. I have used that in end game Archon, super cool weapon. For bleeding build you can use Farmstead Liberator as well, I have Warder sketch in my beginners builds collection.
    ⚔ Nery's beginner build collection

• Fire Strike 2H is meant for Purifier , you can do SB as well. Not sure about support gear for budget build though, outside of Elemental blue rings.

• 2H Righteous Fervor builds. Fire one have basically Smite support only, Acid looks promising though, since you have green amulet too. Perhaps Sentinel could work?

• 2H Blade Arc. This weapon’s good. I have posted beginners Witchblade with it and @Stupid_Dragon did DK, both are very good but Warlord should also be possible.

• 2H Primal Strike. I have sketch for Vindicator, but like Ultos set you have variety of possibilities.

• 2H Cadence, reserved judgment.

1 Like

I close poll 12 november and start with build the friday the 13th :slight_smile:

As it stands, looks like close call between 2H warder and Drain Essance! But my favorite stun jacks build is closing in :wink: Anything can happen :smiley:

1 Like

Stun Jacks is way too easy to level with, don’t let it win !

1 Like

I can add horn of gandarr build too :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not that sadistic

1 Like

I know I heard someone said that all skills are viable in normal and elite!

1 Like

I would second that. I’m trying a SSF Vitality Savagery Ritualist right now, level 68 in Act 3 Elite and it’s pretty much a cakewal right now. Yea, I’m a tryhard when it comes to “make Savagery great again”!

1 Like

vitality savagery seems interesting :open_mouth:

Horn is a support skill and you’ll always have more powerful fillers / other skills so that it’s not the main source of damage. In reality you’ll be leveling with something else. Unless you really level with just HoG. But then you would practice self-harm.

I vote for Drain Essence as it’s probably the most uncomfortable one, at least for a period of time unless you cheat by using other mastery/component skills too much.

2 Likes

Well I leveled the Aegis paladin with Aegis all the way instead of WoP and Storm Box so I WILL COMMIT to the life draining!

For sword and shield build, I would cheat with forcewave though :open_mouth: or craft relic and at least dual wield weapons ( https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/1473 )

1 Like

yea, but sadly, not very good item support. Korvan Halberd is kinda good but supports wrong skill and damage conversion isn’t that good as well. Good devotion options on the plus side.

1 Like

I’d just focus on bone harvests and use auto attacks in between :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1e9lMV

There is one but it’s one-handed sword. And a faction item.

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7738

LoL I forgot that, it’s not savagery support but it should do the job :smiley: