Question/Request - "Modstring.txt" from mod's

Hello Modder,

Could you please publish the “Modstring.txt” from your mod. This make it easier for us, if we want to make a translation in our language!

Thanks in advance!

I’m sorry with a stupid question, but is it required?

Surely, our work will be saved if the number of the texts which should be translated is one.
But basically, the texts of MOD are contained in the MOD itself, respectively. What we requires is to translate it and just to put it into the localization zip file, aren’t we?

On the other hand, MOD which changed the original sentence like Cornucopia must merge with localization file. Even if it extracts and translates the changed sentence, it does not function.

IMO Yes!

^^ You see … :wink:

When the “Modstring.txt” is aviable we only need to merge it.

It is surely so. Let’s hope to all MOD artists.

By the way, we got permission from cftx about translation of NCFF. In the case of this MOD, the text which should be translated is divided into two. It’s tags_mod_need.txt and tags_skills.txt.

However, since the part which changes the sentence of GD original was not included, I was able to bind to one file. I attach it here for other community translators. What is necessary is just to add it to localization.zip, when this text is translated. (Don’t change the name of the file.)

After having translated it as courtesy at least, the translator should thank an author.

Let’s hope …

It’s like “Grim Quest”, comes also with 3 files …

Thank’s for this files.

Hello Modder,

Could you please publish the “Modstring.txt” from your mod.
What in the world is a Modstring.txt? And why do mod developers need to provide it?

How so? What’s prohibiting you from using the tags_skills.txt of Cornucopia, translating the changes, and putting the translated file into a localization.zip file? So long as you don’t change tag identification nomenclature, that will work insofar as I can tell.

I use it as preamble for entire text in the mods …

E.g. see here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=390962#post390962 - #66 to #70!

In Grim Dawn, priority is always given to a translation zip text.

Explains with NCFF.
If a game is started only in the state which installed MOD, the mastery of NCFF will be displayed as blank. This is because priority is given to a translation text and the text of MOD is canceled. Then, I have to add the text added by NCFF to translation zip.

Fortunately, at NCFF, new mastery, skill and affix are only added and there is no change of the existing text. So the portion will be reflected if only the text added newly is put into translation zip. Therefore, even if it removes MOD, I can play ordinarily. So this is easy-to-use and easy to translate MOD.

Like Cornucopia, MOD by which the existing text is changed is troublesome.
In cornucopia, tags_skills.txt is changed a little. In this case, by default, the original text is only displayed. In order to display the text of MOD, I retranslate tags_skills.txt and have to replace it. In this case, even if it adds only the changed portion as tag_coornucopia.txt, it does not function. I have to replace tags_skills.txt, when playing the original version. This is time and effort a little. It is such meanings that I wrote.

Thanks for the explanation.

So what do you need us to do? We need to modify tags_skills.txt (for example) in order to get our mod working correctly outside of localizations.

I have no idea. :frowning:
In MOD of the kind by which the existing text was changed (e.g. Cornucopia, Grim Quest), I think that I cannot but exchange texts.
However, probably, FOE has some good ideas.

Hello,

@Matougi
Yes, thank for your explanation.

@Ceno
I have no idea at the moment.

But I think it’s enough when we have all texts available.

FOE, how did you translate the Grim Quest? I was able to pack three texts into one.
I think that I obtained the hint while looking at the text of Grim Quest some time ago. Now, I asked Ceno about the thing.

If it goes well, all the translations will become easy.

It’s WIP … and I have not test the new version yet. :eek:

Nice to read.

Sounds nice.

Then, try this.
While having translated the texts of MOD, I noticed one thing. Most MOD has two or more text files, but can gather up all of them to one file. The file of that purpose is available optionally.

In Grim Quest, the file of the name different from original is only “classnamestags.txt.” So, I packed all the texts into the file. If this is added to translation zip, MOD texts will be displayed correctly.

^^ Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Collection of lines added/altered for Cornucopia.

Edit: We’ll be including this file with each release of Cornucopia and updating it accordingly.

Thanks a lot! It became easy to translate in this very much. :smiley:
I’ll translate based on this and will introduce the cornucopia to our JP Wiki after update.

Hello,

Based on my question/request one more please!

According to this …

… please name your files correspondingly!

An example see here.

So we can take these files once 1:1 for our translation file (into the .zip file) and we have no collision, to other mods or original files.

here is the mess DAIL is using

sorry ;\

huge dump of txt files

keep in mind the file names might be similar to the original mods but none of these files are “intact” they have all been fondled in some way