Quitting for other ARPGs but still here drama

No, you aren’t getting it!

You can’t give kids a toy and then, in the midst of their playing, grab it back and remove something from it. It kills the fun. People don’t care if their toy is still nice, it’s changed and lost something it had before.

Don’t you see how simple it is?

Other games figured it out a while ago. If you want to rebalance stuff, create leagues or seasons or ladders. But within a given season, nobody takes away the toy! Nobody can change it! Within that timeframe, every player knows that their chosen build is guaranteed to perform as per the reference meta.

In GD there are no seasons (too bad), but Zantai could at least implement some kind of change-freeze policy. Say, rebalancing updates only happen every 6/12 months. Give the players confidence that their toys won’t lose power. It’s a major grind to assemble a build and it kills all the fun when you get your toys toned down to match someone’s middle line. You can’t do that to players every time you please. PoE has the cyclone now. So op it’s crazy. Yet people still run other builds, still push the ranks and still have fun. Next league the power balance will be reworked, but even then cyclone is guaranteed to still perform great. Cuz you don’t punish players for choosing a strong build.

Ok that’s about balance.

Then there are bugs, but I feel it’s not a deal breaker.

So OP it’s profitable because people are buying Cyclone cosmetics. Because that’s PoE’s business model - force-create what’s “fun” so as to better reach inside their users’ wallets.

“This is fine”

That’s basically what happens. A hotfix which doesn’t rebalance the game state takes 1-1.5 months, larger updates are months longer still. This illusion you have of perpetual changes ruining everyone’s lives is just that: an illusion.

4 Likes

For PoE, the last two releases have done major rebalancing to a number of classes/archetypes, including to caster and melee.

The next release will be rebalancing/changing up the Necromancer archetype.

In each case, some loved it, some hated it. New players came and old ones left.

Some left feedback, others didn’t. Some feedback the devs took, and others they didn’t

Seems to me it’s the same thing you are complaining about here.

If you don’t know any of that, then I guess you’ll find out on your own.

So, good-bye.

So what if 50% are running cyclone? I will be running frostblades during Blight. And I don’t give a damn about balance. But I won’t be getting my FB changed in the middle of the league. And inD3 s18 I’m running a firebell monk and I don’t care that it’s not in the S group this time. See, all this balance thing is way overrated.

What’s not overrated is the frustration I’m seeing among my buddies with these constant changes. They literally just said they would gladly give up on all the changes made in the last 6 months.

You could have fooled me…

1 Like

for someone who bought the game 2 weeks ago (The Nerfing Issue Investigation) , you speak a lot of bold things about the game
why arent your friends complaining about the game? why are you complaining about it if you dont like it and arent making any efforts to provide useful feedback?

I’ve been posting their feedback, I’m typing their thoughts as we run D3 and talk on discord. This is them talking basically. They won’t be posting here, they already posted their thoughts on steam.

I dunno, having 58% of your players using the same skill (50% Cyclone 8% Vaal Cyclone) doesn’t strike me as good game design in the slightest when there are some 200 skills available to choose from.

If they aren’t here to voice their own opinions (or vote in your theoretical poll) then this literally means nothing to Crate.

Heh, that’s what you think. But, again, this “illusion” you have of GGG not changing things mid-league is also just outright untrue. So have fun with that.

Also it perplexes me why you’re so in favor of leagues when you dislike the concept of “losing” past progress. You realize that with every league you literally need to start from scratch, right?

2 Likes

Yes, but the record of it on the leaderboards will remain :wink:
I love good competition.

What’s the point. People just want to have fun. A game with 500 builds is great. Lots of room for creativity. But dare you find something new and unforeseen…

This literally is the exact description of GD’s build variability.

This literally is the exact description of PoE’s forced-meta.

FWIW, Frost Blades is also pretty “meta”, so you’re not being that creative there either, sir.

2 Likes

You complained SR too hard, i give u multiple threads from POE reddit about even worse modifier and one shots. You complained about build balance patches while we showed you POE has even worse build diversity with 50% players playing cyclone which btw gets nerfed to the ground next legue. You then said you dont care a damn about balance patches.

???

Make up your mind man, even bait needs more effort than this :rofl:

like cyclone builds? :rofl:

There’s literally nothing “new and unforeseen” for the devs because they are literally the people that make the game.

And pretty much every build nerfed in literally last few years weren’t new and unforeseen if you want to go with the argument that the devs can’t foresee every build. They were all completely obvious builds from the get-go.

But then why would they release it as OP only to nerf it later if they already knew it was going to be OP?

Is Zantai actually a Sadist that enjoys to torment and drink the tears of the players, see them despair before him and enjoy the lamentations of their #dead-builds?

If you are referencing D3 with:

Coming from 7 years of playing D3 Hardcore (all classes, most sets, high level GRs), 6 years of playing D2 hardcore, and over 1500 hours of Grim Dawn, I disagree with this as a general statement.

In D3, spikiness depends on what you are trying to do, but if you are trying to pushing solo GRs, you are going to be dealing with some very spiky damage because you will constantly be trading scaling defense for scaling offense. One item can be the difference between 50% global damage mitigation and 100+% damage increase, and if you can use your piloting skills to avoid needing the extra mitigation, then you can go higher in your climb. The reason the spikes can feel less to a specific player is you’re not pushing your build high enough in difficulty for what it can really do.

In GD, you have to customize your defensive build more (it has more advanced mechanics) but if a char is built properly it can be far more “tanky” than a char in D3 in general (to typical mobs). The spikiness you do see can come from unknown holes in your defensive setup (revise it), poor piloting skills (improve them), or difficult to avoid mechanics.

These issues are similar in D3 if you tune the difficulty high enough, with the exception that defensive setup is just more transparent/easier to understand in that game.

Because he can’t predict the full effect of the numbers each build has. But the concept of the build is created by the devs and not the players.

There’s a difference between a build being known to exist and a build being known to be OP.

this is just not true lmao. Sets released with bad combo or good combo, it just so happens builders find the good combo and make it extremely synergistic to a certain build. Look at Cyclone Warborn vs something like Dreeg, Void soul, old clairvoyance etc.

Balance patches are needed to bring everything inline.

Right, so retaliation warlord was made so op on purpose? And if so, how is this different from PoE creating cyclone hype, other than the ways the two companies make money.

Also, without even finishing GD once, I was shown builds that aren’t present here, that beat every record listed in your cleaners page. Builds that weren’t created via GDStash, builds that use zero green items.

How’s that for devs see all

That means Zantai knew about Pet Warlords then

#BuffPet-Warlord2019

2 Likes