Rah'Zin v1.1.9.4 Feedback

Let’s just stay on topic if you don’t want this thread closed. Or a few more people might be taking a vacation from the forum soon.

I’m off my imaginary throne to spend time with family for the first time since the pandemic started.

7 Likes

Rest well! Regardless of the criticism you’ve been working a lot and it shows.

5 Likes

I actually think they do. Even if it is a fluff answer. But silence or BS sarcasm will always be met in kind. Had the answer been “we found it over performing in an area.” Instead of “oh fuck”. Granted people will ask where and want proof but at that point at least something was given not to mention no indications anywhere that there said over performing was even occurring. People like to know why a product has changed when they are placing their time into it.

There is a scientific answer for people who riot. It’s because they are not heard or not being acknowledged.

Small team, no time? Maybe but not for one sentence explanations. I disagree.

I won’t lie about being really miffed at the HPS changes…hasn’t stopped me from playing and I am not going to go out of my way to make videos showing how hard it can be to gear with HPS solely in mind compared to Leech…

But at this point I really agree with the OP’s feelings in just getting an answer.

@Zantai you are so welcome!!!

1 Like

I think someone made the comment that they didn’t understand Crate’s commmitment to such heavy-handed nerfs, given this is a single player game and not some competitive eSports game or MMO. I’m inclined to agree, to be honest. Like, there is literally no competition here, and no money or prizes at stake (except for in the community league, but that’s different-- it’s player-created), so why not let people have their fun?

At the end of the day though, we have to remember it’s just a game and not worth getting so worked up about imo. There are much more important things this holiday season, like spending time with family. @Zantai I hope you have a great holiday, as well as everyone else. :santa:

12 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Make GD better for different audiences

to be frank I never got that deep into the game to understand what these rantings here are even about.

But nevertheless: it would at least be INTERESTING to know the reasons behind the criticised decisions, no?

Making forum account because of this situation after playing since early access.

So why make significant nerfs so late into the game’s lifespan when the only counterbalance is to be a forum member who knows the scientific video meta for how either “zantai will consider or totally ignore your feedback”? You are slapping that “bucket” around every time you do these changes, you realise this? Is it necessary at this stage of the game? I literally said to myself “rah’zin wasn’t nerfed when GD development was more active, I should be safely nerf-proof in investing my limited spare time into this build”. “lol” to me I guess?

Why on earth would I desire to buy GD2 when I have the expectation of ongoing (apparently distracted?), controversial nerfing 10 years into game lifespan, wasting my time with post-patch-maintenance-respeccing-catch-up for literally years? What kind of relationship with a singleplayer offline experience is that? More high and long-term maintenance than a wife?

So why half-assed nerf things this late into your game’s lifespan if you’re too busy with other work to give it full attention? Or, knowing it’s controversial given your testing threads, maybe like a half-line explanation that would take you 20 seconds? You have time to give snide quips and talk about your limited family time but not to work with your customers and simply 1-sentence explain reasoning behind unanimously criticised change? (when only opposition is an apparently default contrarian-defender clique of ceno and toap-whatever, the criticism is unanimous)

Because working adults should come home and spend their limited time farming more respec materials since GD got yet another update which nerfed your silly little homebrew build which you were proud of, and if you weren’t a forum member with the inclination to play crucible and post videos you just have to endure it.

You right, level 55 versatile elemental component should give same damage benefit as full endgame set bonus tailored for wonky mono damage type, where set is usable in like 2 builds.

Anyway, the irony of this situation just kills me. We don’t wanna be like online seasonal games like PoE where you to play to keep up with like a job, so in our offline singleplayer, quite well balanced and refined game GD, months or years after most support is formally ended we will continue temperamental balance changes which you can play to keep up with like a job. Galaxy brain.

Your funeral.

13 Likes

unfortunately the only

is

6 Likes

I agree with most points made here minus the insults, simply unnecessary.

Please keep them to yourself if you want to be taken seriously and not be laughed off.

On that note, I can understand the disappointment & frustration behind it cuz you seem to be rather passionate about this game which is good to a certain extent.

1 Like

The funniest thing is most major balance changes I can remember have happened since the game was supposedly “completed and only minor balance patches would be released” (regen nerfs across the board, retal destruction, physical damage reworking…). I don’t understand what they were thinking, honestly.

3 Likes

And it’s still top tier

Well looky there. Dmt and I finding common cause on something for once. As noted…

…the irony is exceedingly THICC up in thar.

I can certainly relate to frustration over Zantai’s continuous spit-shining and having to endure the occasional “WTF” moment when he makes a change that people can’t relate to. However, the game didn’t become “well-balanced and refined” over night. Crate has hit more homeruns with patch after patch over the past 5+ years since 2016 than they’ve struck out. And when they do strike out on a change (or changes) they usually make good on it.

And quite frankly, GD’s best patches, by far, came in the span of time since FG released til this present moment. By my reckoning any discomfort some forum elites and the occasional random drive-by rage-poster had to endure was more than worth it in the long run.

Anyway tho - I DO however agree that Crate should shore up any immediate balancing issues, throw the kids a bone or something so they stop whining all the damned time, and then ease off the gas and focus on their new projects for now (along with trying to iron out the numerous GD Xbox issues those guys are experiencing currently).

GD is otherwise in a pretty damn good place right about now.

2 Likes

If those gathered here to rant and throw shade can tell me with a straight face that the balance changes we’ve done since Forgotten Gods released have genuinely made the game/balance worse overall, I will personally see to it that v1.1.9.4 is the final balance update.

7 Likes

Overall I would say the game is in a very good state minus a few already mentioned things.

1 Like

i love thoose changes even if i see nerfed or removed things first,and we can always read after every update someone cry they nerfed this or this build is useless and then again there is someone who made another build better that it was before update.

1 Like

I’m trying to keep up with all of this, but for all the arguing going on I can only see a fairly simple (and small in the grand scheme of things…) issue:

Rah’Zin was changed. No one except Crate seems to know why.

If it was explained somewhere can someone please quote it (medea? :slight_smile: ) so at least the arguments have context…

do_it

7 Likes

LoL when this thread became a temple of overreaction? What is the criteria that shows the game is in a good place or not? Yeah Rah’zin nerfs a bit undeserving and we get sometimes nerfs to our beloved builds but seriously what is the aim here? Are we expecting all builds thrive in Crucible and SR? As far as I know even the most meme idea can finish the campaign and such. There will always be some details to be improved or reworked for most of us yet we are not the developers, just gamers. Game is definitely in a better place comparing to when I started to play which is almost 2 years now.

I can point some weak builds, damage types, archetypes comparing to others and I can definitely complain about some other things but these doesn’t mean that the game is become unplayable so no need to be dramatic about it.

Even with the latest efforts, I can say DW lightning melee is still pretty weak. Other elemental damages also got weaker somehow. I mean Grava is still a bitch even with 2x Sanctified Bone with those builds.

Rah’zin set has mediocre damage, no AoE and very low life so some complains here deserve to be credited.
I don’t know about caster skills much but I don’t see anyone plays AAR anymore, suspecting the nerfs was hard.
Some classes are still lack different build options. Like Commando, Templar, Elementalist. We’ve been asking for Acid Blademaster support for a while and not getting, instead we got Acid Reaper but it’s not even competitive.

But still, game got improved and expanded by a lot since FG. We have more build options, more gears, more support for meme ideas. I guess we are just a bit greedy and perfectionist. I mean when I first started, no one was focusing WPS more than one point, WPS now become very useful. Conevrted physical bypass armor was a weird feature and most people were unaware such meaningless detail now it become fixed and game become more logical. Aggro fix was a great change. CR times are getting faster and faster. SR become more reliable etc. Anyway sorry for the wall of text. I think the game balance can be still improved but having deficits doesn’t mean the game become shit.

11 Likes