[REL]Grim Quest

Nope, you cannot. Do you know how a bow fires? Anything like a crossbow or a 2h rifle? Not really, no… Weapon classes use a certain animation set. For staves and spears, making the animations is easy because you just need a weapon swing, we have those already.

Currently not possible to add TQ items, models anyway. Til then, placeholders for spears/staves.

I have plans for itemization options for the TQ masteries, primarily including affixes but I may do uniques too. Don’t expect anything any time soon though, as this would be a massive undertaking and probably take me forever on my own.

Well… a spear need a stabbing animation.
It’s not really a slash weapon.

Do you have an idea what animation you would use for that?
The animation from TQ is from “over-the-shoulder” if I recall.

If there’s a way to import animation from Titan Quest, (with the next patch maybe?) I would totally do that, it looks great.

It would be great if we could add our own weapon types…

A spear gets whatever I give it, doesn’t need to be perfect.

Someone had a bad day… :undecided:
Wasn’t criticizing, just saying how a spear works…

Nope, just saying, doesn’t matter how a spear works, I’m well aware of how they function. If I can put a spear in the game it’s going in the game, simple as that. Whether or not the animations are perfect, doesn’t matter.

Yes bend this this game into shape using only your unfettered and terrifying intellect :eek: (really you are awesome asylum keep the good work)

Nice mod buy you should really revise energy cost of the skills . For example, 21 energy cost for Ice Shard (Storm mastery) for lvl1 player is just too much.

How about 30 for ternion blast at level 1? 25% reduction to attacks for a triple shot… lol. I was watching depravity suffer with that yesterday, felt bad to read the chat, but it’s really not my fault, the TQ skills are just badly balanced for GD’s level of difficulty. I haven’t tuned them yet, they are still the exact values from TQ.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I am looking at several skills that are wayyy overpriced and trying to set them on a more lenient curve for early game. Expect the mana cost to remain high at high levels but more useable at lower levels, we’ll see how it plays out from there.

Question Time:
What do you guys think of the 2 minute cooldown on Briar Ward?

The 60 seconds on Battle Standard?

The 5 minute cooldown on Ancestral Horn?

The 6 minute on Colossus Form?

I have a list of changes on the way for the next fix/patch, mostly mana cost tuning and minor bug fixes, a few cooldown adjustments for pets with huge cooldowns for no reason (looking at you, nymph and coredweller…)

Thank you Asylum it’s fun to be able to play again with those masteries !:wink:
I don’t know if we are allowed to take the skill icons from Titan Quest ?

shrug I don’t see why not. It’s not like I’m selling the mod.

Well I suppose if Nordic wanted to cease and desist you they probably very well could. Look at all the people that have tried to use Nintendo assets for free modded versions of games over the years. Some companies are just plain anal.

Don’t be anal Nordic. Poop-shooting is highly over-rated, imo.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

They can go ahead and make a claim if they want, what are they going to do, tell me the skills are copyrighted or something? I’ll remake the icons and sounds if need be or recycle ones from Grim Dawn,but I mean really, there’s nothing they can do to prevent someone from making skills that are similar to TQ’s. I mean even the effects I used are similar but I’m using Grim Dawn assets for the textures.

/shrugs

Hopefully it never comes to that anyway. I was just referring to the assets like the icons and crap. They could be jerks about it if they wanted I suppose. Which would be lame.

I was just pointing out that some companies are like that and do go out of their way to shutdown such uses. Most people when faced with it have to simply give in and submit since they can’t match the checkbooks of the likes of Nintendo to wrangle over it.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know. Stupid big companies. Let us mod things freely!

If anyone missed it (new page and all), here are some polls, vote for what you think I should change!

Colossus Cooldown

Ancestral Horn Cooldown

Briar Ward Cooldown

Battle Standard Cooldown

You are fine with copyright stuff for mods, I have done a bunch of wow mods for fate and torchlight over the years and my youtube channel and mods were never shutdown by blizz, AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT MAKE A PROFIT, you are safe.

Grim Titans?
Dawn of the Titans?
Grim Dawn: Mythos?
GD:TQ?

I’m so happy you did this btw.
I really hope you expand it to 50 points on each mastery bar and new skills. When they raise the 9 masteries cap I want to merge this so bad. It’ll be fun adding itemisation.

You’re more than welcome to work on the itemization for me! Lol, I am still busy tweaking/fixing skills so it’s up to par with GD masteries and I probably will be for some time.

50 points already is in man, the masteries scale up to 50 but the final tiers have no skills. I will probably consider adding more in the future but …again, still fixing stuff for the time being. I have a list of things I want to do, adding masteries is around the bottom, following the addition of staves/spears (which is a necessity imo) and affixes/uniques to support the masteries with skill bonuses. I also have another big idea but I can’t really share that one til I’m closer to working on it.

As for the name, yeah man. I was really wracking my brains there for a good while trying to think of something before I uploaded it. Lol, the name never occurred to me the whole time I worked on it. I had the same problem with my TQ mod, selfishly named “Asylumsmod”.

I went for simple and it was a coin toss, between Grim Quest and Titan Dawn. Seeing as there are no titans in GD, I went with the former. Other options were some of the ones you mentioned, “The Olympian(s)” mod, Return of the Titansbane/Titanslayer, and a bunch of other really corny ones. Now that I think about it, I still really like The Olympian, but it doesn’t really tell you what exactly the mod consists of.

Naming things is hard!

Thank you for this mod!

You’re welcome!

PS: To everyone else, here’s a teaser for my next patch for the mod (Lets call it 1.01) Expect lots of tuning passes, bug fixes and…

Everyone say with me in unison,

All hail @GlockenGerda!

Wow, already less sad that tq.net is gone. I actually named my kid’s steam account after that guy.