[REL]Grim Quest

I assume that means the others like the Spirit pet are not far behind ? :wink:

From what I can tell, the only summons I cannot import are the nymph’s seed (the nymph herself is fine), the rocks from stoneform (eruption has no texture soooo i will look into that), briarward and the battlestandard. I think I’ll pass on importing monster lure, combat dummy in GD is close enough imo. Passing on the Wisp too, since there’s really nothing there and the aetherial wisps are awesome looking in comparison.

Aside from that, yeah. Everything else is already in, wolves, nymph, traps, liche, outsider, ancestors, and nightmare.

Once I figure out how to fix the trap cast animation, I’ll work on the nymph and see if I can get the pod working…

Are you thinking about do an overhaul over the tq masteries?

I’m going to do two versions, probably. First will have the normal masteries as they were “meant to be”, with slight tweaks for them to perform well in GD. TQ masteries are way underpowered in comparison, so I have to bump them a little.

The plan I have for the second will have a few changes to some of the skills, like %heal on rally/regrowth, playerscaling on traps/ancestors, maybe some conversion (i’m using conversion on spirit’s ternion atm as a placeholder til I get staves ingame) and maybe some new skills for each of the masteries to make use of the empty tiers and the extra 12-15ish unused skill slots.

Annnd maybe some more.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10305208

New poll before I go to bed.

I noticed another skill with a long cooldown. Call of the Hunt, strong skill, but most people don’t level the base skill, only the modifier for the damage bonus.

In other news, all the meshes for summons are done, I am still tinkering with the spawn animations for the nymph and the bolt trap, I cannot get the projectiles to work… so they either don’t spawn or just spawn from nowhere…

This one is my most anticipated mod! Great job and i cant wait for Staves and Spears (if Spears are possible).

While i love the Grim atmosphere and the colours palette, i believe items arent as varied in the colours as they should, i realy hope for TQ items to come in GD.

Hello ASYLUM101!

Great Job! :slight_smile:

But what about localisations!?

If I run it under “German”, I got “TagNotFound” for all thinks about the mod.

Only in English it works fine without problems.

Hmm I don’t know how to do localisations, I did post the strings in the original post though

Hello ASYLUM101!

OK …

I try to rename (copy) the Text_EN.arc to Text_DE.arc, but this have no effect.

Yea that won’t work, I’ll see what I can do.

Hey, FOE, it’s easier than what you think.

1. Unpack your community localization.
  2. Copy modstrings.txt from the source and translate it.
  3. Put translated modstrings.txt with the other files.
  4. Repack into zip.
  5. It works.

Having seen this, I now think that it would be good practice for each mod to have names like MODNAME_tags.txt or, if they have multiple tags for better organization MODNAME_creatures.txt, MODNAME_skills.txt etc, so that translation is possible without messing with a man’s arcs without asking first.

Because if we all use modstrings.txt for the tags, I don’t think it will be possible to have more than one mod active and translated at the same time.

So if GD only supports 9 mastery’s why cant you make it so first choice picks from GD tree, second choice shows the sub class picks from TQ, This would still allow a limit of 9 while opting a way to use both class sub types.

Both skill options are from the same pool.

Thanks a lot!

I’ll try this.

So I must only get out the modstrings.txt of the mod … :wink:

[…]

It works! Thanks again for this info! :smiley:

I downloaded today and this is what I see for masteries. So something’s wrong.

I’ve got two folders in the grim_quest folder: database and resources.

Wtf? Check on nexus mods, idk what could have happened because the moddb link WAS working and I haven’t updated/changed that download… Did you install it properly?

Let me know

I downloaded the .rar file, and put the grim-quest folder int the mods folder.
I’ve installed other mods (cornucopia), and that one works. So I’m confident I installed it right.

I’ll try Nexusmods and see if that works.

The problem appears in the MOD directory name and the database name .arz inconsistent, MOD directory under a name more bars “_”

Please check the MOD directory name and the database name are the same.

Did you have any luck with nexusmods, if you tried that?

I’m not sure what to say, I just got home and I checked the download from MODDB, it works fine on my end. And I know many people have downloaded it as well.

1. Download mod
  2. Extract folder, Grim Quest.
  3. Place extracted folder into the “Grim Dawn/mods/” directory
  4. The Grim Quest folder should be in the mods folder, along with cornucopia and the other mods you may have, and within it should be the two folders, database/resources (along with their respective arc/arz files)

Thats it! Do not rename anything (assuming you put grim-quest or something instead). I dunno what went wrong for you :frowning:

I was as perplexed as you. As I read your post and thought about what I did, it dawned on me that I moved the wrong folder into the mods folder.

So when 7-zip unarchived the grim_quest.rar, it unarchived it into the following directory structure: grim_quest\grim quest.

Initially, I moved the grim_quest folder into the mods folder. Tried to play and it didn’t work. I looked at the directory structure and realized that grim_quest\grim quest wouldn’t work. So I moved the database and resource directories up one directory so it was then mods\grim_quest.

This was still wrong and I should have deleted the underscore from the grim_quest folder name too; or moved the “grim quest” folder into the mods folder.

Hopefully this will be helpful for anyone else that does this.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks for the help!