[REL] Grim UI

All of the UI themes have been updated with several redesigned class images due to an alpha channel issue. Nothing too noticeable, other than the class selection window.

How would I go about merging the X-Mod with Grimarillion? I really like the expanded Blacksmith window that X-Mod has and would like to use both mods.

2 Likes

The short answer is, you’d have to extract the Grimarillion mod and add the X-Blacksmith files to it, then rebuild the mod.

I’ve added Grim UI theme support for the Dawn of Masteries mod. If you play this mod with one of my themes installed, the UI will now match.

This new addition is located under the “Add-Ons” section.

Thank you to @mamba for the permission.

Dawn of Masteries Class Selection

How do you do that? I’ve never modded Grim Dawn before with actual mods.

I’m going to refer you to this thread Grim Dawn’s Modding Tools … to get you started.

So just copy the records\ui\inventor folder into the UI folder of Grimarillion?

Depends on what you want to add. The ‘Mod Separation.txt’ file tells you what to add.

If any of the files in database\records already exist, you need to merge them (i.e. figure out what each version changes relative to vanilla GD and then combine those changes into one file), not simply overwrite them

1 Like

ugh, this is too much work and I don’t see any easy to follow guides / videos on how to do this stuff.

1 Like

Use a tool like WinMerge to compare the different files (GrimUI vs Grimarillion and both against vanilla for the files that overlap to figure out what each changed, so you can combine those changes).

The dbr files are simply text files, so any text editor will do

The overlap for you (i.e. when using the blacksmith only) is a single file, and in that file you have to take one line over from GrimUI (in theory you could also leave the Grimarillion file completely unchanged, it would do no harm)

1 Like

It’s not that bad, but it does take some patience at first. Once you get things setup though, it’s fairly easy to keep a mod updated with something like what you want to do.

Personally I’d say don’t give up. Give modding a shot and see what happens.

A very minor update to the Dawn of Masteries Mod UI Support. I changed the CATACLYSM logo on the class selection window.

Need help here.

I installed X-Mod but it doesn’t work at my end. My stash is still the same. It didn’t expand. What am I missing?

Did you install it in “Grim Dawn\mods” and then start a custom game?

Yes. I followed your instructions. Wait, so I need to play on a Custom Game for it to work? :thinking:

Yes, that’s the only way mods work, unless you merge them with the main game.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick reply. I thought I messed it up.
It’s been a long time since I played with mods and that’s the reason why I forgot to start on a custom game.

Thank you for blessing us with this awesome mod! :wink: :pray: :raised_hands:

1 Like

No problem at all and thank you very much! I hope you enjoy the mod!!

Keep in mind that the “Mods” download is what requires Custom Game. It’s still essentially the same as the Main Campaign - just themed.

If you don’t want to do Custom Game and still want Main Campaigned themed you would instead download the entries under “Themes”…

…these get extracted to a different location than the “mods” folder.

2 Likes

Okay, since I don’t want to start a new toon, is it possible to copy my toon from the main game to a custom game? :thinking: