[REL] Grim UI

No, sorry. I did away with the 1440p files as it got to be overwhelming with everything else.

To be fair, when I downscale to 4k it looks like it’s 1440p anyway. so no worries!

Are you anywhere of any conflicts with Item Assistant? I can’t currently place items in my stash.

No sir, I’m not.

There’s no such conflict to my knowledge, DoM and Grimarillion use some version of Grim UI and GDStash has worked perfectly for me.

Grim UI theme support for Diablo 3 Classes: Definitive Edition has been added. Thank you to @Grimer for the permission.

I noticed yesterday that all of my font formatting, such as coloring, is no longer working in the OP. Has this capability been removed or do I need to do something different?

1 Like

See here…

1 Like

Aha…thank you, sir, as always! :smile:

1 Like

Updated Grimarillion UI to 1.01

• Requires Grimarillion v85+
• Updated the “Grim Quest” and “Zenith” class panel images to the ones created by ASYLUM101.
• Returned the wood and stone textures back to their original fidelity by removing the sharpen filter.
• Updated the metal textures for all window frames.
• Added embellished alternate class background and class images. These also include versions for the Vanilla UI as well.

1 Like

Hey everyone, I’ve been talking with JMD and decided I’d use his thread here to share two things I’ve been working on.

The first thing is … a Titan Quest UI ThemeNexus for Grimarillion.

*Updated for 1.2

the second thing I created…

a UI Swapper.

This lets you swap between different UI themes quick and painlessly, and supports the new TQ UI I linked above.

5 Likes

Hi!
I’m pretty new to the game and I just started modding the game to fit my playstyle. I really like your hoarder mod @JMD and i would like to use it in my main campain character. Is there any way i can make it happen and is there any disadvantages to do so? If not, is there any disadvantages to play custom game mode?

Welcome to the game, modding and thank you, I’m glad you like the X-Mod Hoarder!

You mentioned that you’ve started a mod, so all you need to do is merge the Hoarder with it. There are no disadvantages to merging the mod nor any with playing a custom game, in my opinion.

1 Like

The easiest way to make the game use a mod as the base game is via @tqFan’s method here…

…he details how to “trick” the game into launching using a mods modifications as the main campaign and then goes on detailing how to use a second mod which would also have the first mods changes mixed into it, which you can ignore if all you want is the one mod as the main campaign.

Otherwise, if you don’t use this method you would have to 1) move your ‘main campaign’ character’s files to the appropriate custom save folders, and 2) learn to use GD Stash to edit your main campaign character to flag the character as a mod character (this MUST be done if you don’t use tqFan’s basemod trick). If you ignore this step and move character’s you used in the main campaign to custom save folders then you will notice issues with your character’s save files.

3 Likes

Any idea where I could have messed up in installing Grim UI? (Using the Grimarillion version)

Copy the Hoarder’s Malmouth “Grim UI X-Mod.arc” file to Grimarillion’s “resources” folder. That should do it.

Hmm, I tried that and this doesnt fix that texture bug either. Thing is, that broken texture only appears in the Illusionist window. Its not a big deal, just something I noticed.

I found the problem and will work to fix it permanently in the future. Until then, here’s a quick fix for it:

Extract the .zip file into your settings folder.
grim ui x-mod transmuter fix.zip (11.6 KB)

youre awesome.

Also, is it possible to get a version of the mod for Grimarillion that DOESNT have the expanded inventory size (for UI space reasons ala Steam Deck).

I have no control over what goes into Grimarillion, so you’d have to ask ASYLUM101. I wouldn’t hold my breath on it’s removal though.

Your best bet would be to remove it from the mod yourself.

Hey I am having some trouble getting Grim UI and Dawn of Masteries to play nice. I feel like I’m losing my mind, because i keep reading the instructions and I cannot see where my error has occurred.

1. I have installed the most up to date DOM in my “mods” folder.
  2. I have installed the Malmouth UI into the “Settings” folder within the Grim Dawn installation directory.
  3. I have let the DOM UI 1.07 Malmouth file overwrite the original Malmouth UI file in the “Settings” folder.
  4. I took the “Gim UI X-Mod.arc” from the Grim UI X-Mod Hoarder’s 2.03.zip file and installed it into the DOM “resources” folder. I used the Malmouth theme Grim UI X-Mod.arc

Problem: I still cannot get my Character Menu (C) to look nice and horizontal across the screen like shown in the X-Mod screenshot or the Malmouth screenshot. My character menu is still the vertical, I believe this is the clash between Grim UI and DOM but I just can’t seem to get these two to work together correctly. I have tried a couple different ways, just to see if I was misunderstanding the instructions, but I cannot see why my Character Menu is still not cooperating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Would you mind posting a screen shot as it may help me figure things out.

Is the character window the only issue you’re having?

I’ve just tested everything with the latest DoM and it all works fine, so perhaps you’re having an installation issue.