[REL] Grim UI

Yep, no problem! I wish I had a better solution, but hey, at least we have the option of modding! :+1:

1 Like

So, a bit of professional curiosity here.

The reason that reskinning (themes) works in the main campaign, via the Settings folder, is because that ā€œmodā€ only overrides some graphic resources, without changing any functionality.

However, the X-Character and Hoarder are ā€œreal modsā€, in that a custom game is absolutely required to run them. And the reason for this is: they actually change some functionality (different layout, size and composition of Character and Stash windows).

Am I correct?
And, the above being correct, this implies there is no way to have the X-Character wider/expanded char window in the ā€œplainā€ Main Campaign game, or in the Crucible game?

Thank you for your time and especially your amazing work!

1 Like

True. This ā€œmodā€ contains unpacked .tex files only. The game will read from your settings directory first, except if you are using a ā€œreal modā€, then itā€™s files get read first, then the settings directory.

The game will read almost all file types in the settings directory except .dbr files (database records).

True. These contain .arz and .arc files. This is the only way the game can load a database (.arz) file, which holds all of the changes to the character and smuggler windows.

You are correct, but the implication is not, sir.

You can have the X-Character window in the main campaign and crucible. This requires merging X-Characterā€™s database (and any other mods) with the main gameā€™s database (GDX2.arz for Forgotten). You can also add the .tex files to the main gameā€™s UI.arc or use the settings directory.

This will all require the Asset Manager.

Certainly no problem for me, man. And thank you very much!

1 Like

I just thought about one solution to the ā€˜mod takes precedence over the settings folderā€™ problem. If you moved all your .tex into a separate .arc rather than keeping them in the UI.arc. People could then simply replace those arcs of a mod with the .arc for their preferred skin.

You could roll everything into one .arc, rather than have one for xSmuggler, xCharacter and xHoarder. Worst case that contains some .tex files that do not get used by the mod.

If itā€™s beneficial for everyone, Iā€™m all for it, man. :+1:

Either that or discontinue the X-Character and X-Smuggler mods. It seems that Hoarder is the preferred mod of the three. Iā€™ll give this some more thought before I make a decision.

Iā€™ll get the updated Hoarder posted ASAP.

Grim UI: Hoarder has been updated.

• All of the graphics files have been moved to their own unique ā€œGrim_UI_X-Mod.arcā€ file.

I am getting the following graphic problem using Grim UI: Hoarder

I think I know what the deal is. Give me a few minutes to take care of it.

Edit:

Okay, the problem has been resolved. Thank you very much for posting and welcome to the forums! Sorry it was due to my mistake. :wink:

X-Character and X-Smuggler have been updated with the same change as Hoarder. I changed the graphics location to ā€œGrim_UI_X-Mod.arcā€.

Thanks JMD. Great work on the mod - looks and feels great.

No problem, man. Sorry about that and thank you!

Just curious if anyone would be interested in an expanded blacksmith window? I got more use out of it before the search box function was added, but I liked it enough to keep it anyhow.

Iā€™ve been re-designing it and thought Iā€™d see what the interest would be in it, if any, and see about releasing it when itā€™s done.

Vanilla X-Blacksmith

4 Likes

Indeed. I like that.

1 Like

Cool and thank you. I appreciate the input, my good sir.

What I may end up doing is combining this with the Hoarder and rebrand it all as Grim UI: X-Mod. Anything else that I expand would fall into this as well.

definitely :smiley:

1 Like

Does a bear crap in the woods?

1 Like

Iā€™ve created a new expanded window called X-Blacksmith, shown in the image below with the Vanilla UI. I hope you find it useful.

Iā€™ve decided not to release this as an individual mod, but rather merge it with X-Character and X-Smuggler into the ā€œGrim UI: X-Modā€. This means that the X-Character, X-Smuggler and Hoarder downloads are being removed as of today because I no longer wish to maintain copies of the same mods.

The ā€œGrim UI X-Mod Source.zipā€ includes all of the files necessary to separate the components back into individual mods, if you wish. Iā€™ve added a .txt file that tells you what files are necessary for each one.

I apologize for changing things so much in the past couple of weeks. The last thing I wanted to do is cause any problems with someoneā€™s custom game or mod, but consolidation became a priority. As Iā€™ve stated before, the Grim UI project has grown beyond my expectations.

The installation process is the same as always:

Includes the graphics for all 3 Grim UI themes and Vanilla.

Extract the ā€œGrim UI X-Modā€ folder to ā€œā€¦Grim Dawn\modsā€.

• To use another themeā€™s graphics, extract the ā€œGrim UI X-Mod.arcā€ from the corresponding folder to
    ā€œā€¦Grim UI X-Mod\resourcesā€.

Thank you for your time and patience and I hope you enjoy the new addition!

3 Likes

Since this has to be loaded as a mod, how do I import my vanilla characters into X-mod?

Thanks

Youā€™ll need to use GD Stash to flag the character as a mod character you also need to move it to the ā€œuserā€ folder that gets created in the local save location. If it doesnā€™t exist yet you can create it.

2 Likes

TY sir!

(I sure hope this gets added into Grimarillion *cough, cough) :wink:

1 Like