[REL] Grim UI

It’s been brought to my attention that the new X-Blacksmith window is not 1920 x 1080 friendly. It’s about 24 pixels too wide, therefore, I’m redesigning the window to fit that resolution.

Thanks to @mamba for pointing this out and shame on me for forgetting to test at that resolution.

I should have the new version out tomorrow.

1 Like

The X-Blacksmith window has been redesigned to fit 1920 x 1080 resolution (at uiScale = 0.5) when combined with the X-Character window. :+1:

1 Like

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated with very minor graphics fixes:

• Fixed Vanilla X-Smuggler close button vertical alignment.
  • Fixed all Grim UI themes X-Smuggler search box alpha channels.

Grim UI: X-Mod Source files have been updated as well. They now include X-Smuggler files for 2560 x 1440 resolution (at uiScale = 0.5).

The following has been added to the “Mod Separation.txt” file:

The 2560 x 1440 X-Smuggler files for all Grim UI themes and Vanilla have been separated into folders labeled “2560”.

database\records\ui\caravan\2560
[Theme Name]\source\Grim UI X-Mod\x-smuggler\2560

Vanilla: X-Mod 2560 image

Yes, it’s stupid big and no, I won’t be releasing it as a separate mod.

All Grim UI themes have been updated with the title screen graphic.

1 Like

I’ve updated the Grim UI: X-Mod Source files for the 2560 x 1440 X-Smuggler. I added custom stash and transfer name plates to better utilize the space on the upper left side of the window.

Not expecting to see another Linux user here. I assume it’s through Steam’s Proton. Last time I tried it wiped all my achievements. Has it been fixed?

I’ve been on and off with Linux over the years but now I’m strongly considering making it permanent since it feels so much better to me these days. I can easily run nearly everything I want to as far as games go now and the hardware support has improved massively. Plus it helps that Manjaro itself does it all so easily out the box and up-to-date.

Yup. Yeah the achievement bug nipped me good too way back (believe it might have actually been a Steam bug and nothing to do specifically with GD). It was a one time show tho and it hasn’t happened since. GD runs beautifully in Proton nowadays, btw.

Could you reupload “GrimUI Tool by powbam (9 Aug 2019)” - link is dead. Thanks.

Sorry, man … I had no idea it was down. That actually belongs to @powbam though, so the best bet is to contact him.

I’m gonna take the link off the OP for the time being.

Can we get any updates if applicable since 1.1.6.0 ? If no need ignore me :smiley:

Updates for the stash are ‘needed’ (maybe not technically required, but the vanilla stash buttons changed and those changes should be reflected here)

2 Likes

Thanks for Clarification!

Yes, please. Thank you so much JMD!

I’ll work on getting things updated for 1160 ASAP.

4 Likes

All of the Grim UI themes have been updated with new smuggler window files for the 1.1.6.0 patch.

Grim UI: X-Mod has been updated for the 1.1.6.0 patch and the source files include an updated caravanwindow.tpl file as well.

4 Likes
  • tips hat
1 Like

@JMD, thanks for update. Can you guys explain me if there’s any way to use expanded window/stash in MC instead of CG? (sorry in advance if that was already answered)

1 Like

The short answer is, you would have to merge Grim UI: X-Mod (or any portion of it) with the game.

I’m trying to merge X-Mod with Smash N Grab but the tool complains about missing template files. I searched the mod folder and they are nowhere to be found.

Sounds like you need to extract the “templates.arc” file, which is located in “…Grim Dawn\database”.

1 Like

Grim UI not allowing for Search Parameters to be entered via Controller, Prior version allowed this. Just thinking it has to be Grim UI since, I doubt Grim Internals has anything to do with UI inputs :smiley:

Cannot include previous version screen shot but I cannot interact with the current “search” field when Grim UI is installed.