[REL] Grim UI

I have some fixes for the 1.2 HUD bar as shown in the second post above.

Extract the file to Settings\UI\HUD

hud_playerstatustoppanel_Burrwitch.zip (113.1 KB)

hud_playerstatustoppanel_Malmouth.zip (144.0 KB)

2 Likes

Hello, due to the locking of Grim Dawn\database\records\game\gameengine.dbr in 1.2, it is not possible to achieve a large storage bag. Is there a solution?

Uh, what Iā€™m talking about is the main content, which has no impact on custom Mod.

I will have to look into it.

@tt300

12 Sep 2023 Update:
I have no idea why you can run the X-Mod with the 1.2 gameengine.dbr under custom game but not with /basemods. I tried it and all get is stuck at the loading screen. :man_shrugging:

Here are the databases for the X-Mod Hoarder and Strategist with the 1.2 playtest gameengine.dbr merged, if anyone wants to try it.

Grim UI X-Mod Hoarder.zip (48.4 KB)

Grim UI X-Mod Strategist.zip (48.5 KB)

1 Like

JMD,

Once v1.2 officially releases, could you please ensure ā€œGrim UI X-Mod Originalā€ functions as intended?

Itā€™s my favorite version by FARRRRR :slight_smile: :+1:

Many thanks as always my friend!

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, but it still hasnā€™t solved my problem.

Merging gameengine.dbr into database.arz or GDX2.arz will cause the game to get stuck on the loading screen.

Itā€™s very strange that everything works fine when it comes to custom loading.

This is 1.2 gameengine.dbr running X-Mod

@lqdhorror
You got it, sir!!

@tt300
Sorry, wish I could help.

2 Likes

Thanks dude you rock

1 Like

The latest 1.2 HUD has problems again.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!

Hi - any idea of how to fix the missing background colors on items? They were there pre 1.2 and now are gone. I also reinstalled X-Mod and the UI reskin, but the background colors are still missing.

Thanks!

This looks like the result of playing the X-Mod with the PT version of the game, which I donā€™t recommend at this point.

In addition to the missing colors, version 1.2 (which is now the live version), items do not stack properly with this mod. If you pick up to searing embers, for example, they each occupy their own spot.

Hi, will you be updating X-Mod Strategist/Hoarder versions to 1.2? I played with the above linked .zip for a bit, but the reputation is broken (shows -1 for every known faction that is available).

2 Likes

19 Nov 2023

• Updated for the 1.2.0.1 patch.

ā€¢ Burrwitch and Malmouth UI themes

• Updated the HUD toolbars.
  • The buttons on the options menu will be fixed later.

ā€¢ Grim UI X-Mod Original

• The mod was renamed to ā€œX-Mod-Originalā€.

ā€¢ Grim UI X-Mods Hoarder and Strategist

• Mods were renamed to ā€œX-Mod-Hoarderā€ and ā€œX-Mod-Strategistā€.

ā€¢ Renaming the X-Mods allows them all to be installed so you can switch between them via the ā€œCustom Gameā€ menu only.

• Please note the following:
  • I advise you NOT to switch from Hoarder to Strategist with character inventory bags over 75% capacity.
  • You may need to re-sort the characterā€™s inventory after switching between Hoarder and Strategist.
  • If you switch between the Original and the Hoarder or Strategist versions, you should exercise caution as the character and smuggler inventory capacities are considerably smaller in the Original.

ā€¢ Forgotten UI Theme has been removed as itā€™s not 100% compatible with the game.

For those modders that have included an X-Mod with their mod, I also changed the .arc file name, so make to sure to use that as well.

6 Likes

Thanks for the prompt update JMD!!

(And for including my beloved Original version :+1:)

• Side note: Could you please re-host the old 1.1.9.8 versions for all the ā€œLegacyā€ players out there??

As always, you da man :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you for the updates, reputation on the Strategist version is fixed.

After I opened a character that was saved while using the outdated mod, reputation got reset to 0, but thatā€™s obviously my bad for trying out version incompatible with the game without a backup. Iā€™m just leaving this info in case if someone wondered why it happened to them (it can be always restored using GD Stash).

For people who used Strategist/Hoarder before and want to keep their old shared stash, illusions and recipes - rename the new mod folder and file to the old name. You can also port the stash with GD Stash.

There seems to be a minor issue of nonlabeled stats in the second and third stat tab (Tag Not Found):

EG:

Once again, thanks for the update. I can play the game now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, sir!

Iā€™ll look into including an 1.1.9.8 version database with each x-mod that one can just copy/paste. Fair enough?

3 Likes

As requested by one @lqdhorror, Iā€™ve uploaded legacy editions of the 3 X-Mods, compatible with game version 1.1.9.8 only. They also include the 1.1.9.8 version of the HUD toolbar for the UI themes.

1 Like

Hi, JMD,

After 4 years I started the game again with the last patch and brought it up to date.

Deleted all the Grim Internals stuff, updated WareBareā€™s color tool and also updated your stuff here. And of course the language now built into the game (German for me) was changed.

I think itā€™s great that you still have your things on stand, thank you.

I only use the two UI. Are these now ready for the new patch?

I somehow have a few shifts in the control line, the life and mana bars are a bit too big and the number of the level is not in the middle. And the new life and mana buttons are only half visible.

I think youā€™ve already corrected that, right? Because there is something at the top with a new date?

And I mean something with the main menu design is not finished yet, you wrote and will come later. Can you tell me when?

I would wait to install the new Uis until they are complete and would like to know when we can expect it.

But you donā€™t have to rush, take your time.

Then a personal request:

Please remove the two links:

tean101 - Grim Dawn Char and Quest Manager 234 German

tean101 - [Tool] Grim Dawn Char and Quest Manager 203 German

Since I have been playing less since 2019 for health reasons, this tool has not been maintained since then and is absolutely out of date.

I got o lot of requets in the last months and this must have an end.

Thank you

Yes.

Yes, this is fixed and you should start using it.

Itā€™s the just the buttons in the options menu, nothing super important. I canā€™t give you an exact time when Iā€™ll get them done so, donā€™t wait to use the UIā€™s.

Done! :slight_smile: