[REL] Grim UI

Powbam, the first run is confuse a little, maybe will be better add a notification that need to select Settings folder.

I am unsure what is confusing. If the tool does NOT detect the Grim UI folder in your Settings folder it automatically presents you with this screenā€¦

When you click Set Path it then presents you with this screenā€¦

Anyway, this simple version of the tool Iā€™ve pretty much decided will be replaced eventually by my more advanced version I mentioned just above - for those that want it at any rate.

The current tool tho was just quickly mocked up for immediate use.

I did not notice this inscription. Sorry.

Hey awesome UI you got here! Only complain/suggestion I have is that if you could do something about this UI element next to minimap in some dungeons. Itā€™s so obtrusive in the first place, but with this UI i feel it stands out even more and it bothers me maybe more than it should :smiley:

2 Likes

I have recently wondered why this element is not actually adapted.
According to OP, Crucible is also supported. This part can also be found there.

Shattered Realm support, I donā€™t know.

But I can not say what Crucible looks like because I have not played it since the release of Grim UI.

The skull fits, I would take over.

+1 for this idea

And another thing, I saw twitch with a streamer that probably plays with Contoller.

There, the quest menu window is directly attached to the character window, just like the windows of the vendor or smuggler.

In the original, the quest window is on the left edge of the screen.

Can you also attach that?

Any Idea @JMD?

But it is not a ā€œmust haveā€. I would like it better.

2 Likes

First, welcome to the forums!

Second, thank you! About the most I can do with it is re-color and maybe re-size it, somewhat. That is to say I can trim it down some, maybe. I canā€™t make it smaller because that would involve the database and Grim UI doesnā€™t touch that.

Iā€™ll look into it and see exactly what I can do though.

@tean101
Iā€™ve never played the Crucible even though I have it. I said it was supported due to it not having any UI elements that I may need to change. Thatā€™s not 100% for sure as I said before, Iā€™ve never played it and therefore never tested it.

Shattered realm should be fine, except for the large HUD image similar to the Dangerous Domain one. I didnā€™t touch those as I wasnā€™t too sure what to do with them. I can take a look at them though. :+1:

I donā€™t own a controller so I literally have no idea what the UI looks like for that.

As far as the quest window attaching to the character window, that involves the database. I did it for mine, but itā€™s based on the size of the X-Character window that I use. From there I had to set the coordinates for the quest window. Simple enough, but really depends on the size of the character window and your screen resolution.

1 Like

@tuhmapoika
@tean101

Try this file for the challenge areas and see if itā€™s better. I havenā€™t tested it, so Iā€™ll keep my fingers crossed.

Extract to ā€œUI\hudā€.

If this works out, Iā€™ll put it in the Add Ons section.

Download moved to Add Ons section in OP.

ChallengeHUD%20Background

3 Likes

Thank you!

Damn so fast reply! Nice, this looks much less obtrusive and more fitting :+1:
Iā€™ve had no issues with it after an hour of playing :slight_smile:

Also for some reason I donā€™t find the Crucible and SR images so distracting as the Dangerous Domain one. But they could use a little something in the theme of the UI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I just wanted to thank you for your work. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi JMD,

I downloaded the element, but I will not be back to play until tomorrow.

But I like this idea with the ā€œAddONsā€ section, which was already done with the ā€œRed Buttonā€ file.
So you can download it if you want it. It is not a must have.

Yesterday I started Crucible once. But I did not play. But I looked at all the NPCs there, they all look OK.

So I think no problem with the crucible ā€¦

1 Like

I try to get things taken care of ASAP. Thank you, Iā€™m glad the new image is working out. :+1:

Iā€™ll look into what I can do for the Shattered Realm image. As far as the Crucible goes, I could install it, see what it has and go from there.

Youā€™re welcome and thank you! :+1:

No problem. Let me know how things go in the Crucible when you get a chance.

That was the idea behind the Add Ons section. Options. :+1:

Thank you for the info!

2 Likes

Updated the OP Add Ons section with 2 options for the ā€œDangerous/Treacherous Domainā€ title bar.

ChallengeHUD%20Background

ChallengeHUD_Background%20Wood

I also updated X-Character and Hoarder but their not worth re-downloading. I just removed a couple of unnecessary database records.

2 Likes

Oh yes this wooden one is even sexier. I donā€™t want to sound ungreatful or cocky or anything, but I think if you would tweak it a bit more so that the title ā€œbarā€ would look like an actual plank (rather than a ā€œplateā€ with wooden texture) in the same style as the rest of the UI, it would be perfect :+1:

However itā€™s much better than the default one as it is, and I appreciate your work, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you like it and I like the way you think! Iā€™ll mess around with it some more and see what I come up with.

1 Like

Updated the OP Add Ons section with one final option for the ā€œDangerous/Treacherous Domainā€ title bar.

Thank you to @tuhmapoika for the suggestion! :metal:

challengehud_background%20Wood%202

5 Likes

Oh shit this is perfect! :heart_eyes: Thanks a lot, you rock! :metal:

2 Likes

Why canā€™t crate do this? Itā€™s out of this world!!

1 Like

I donā€™t even want Crate to do this for us. The time for modders in GD is fast closing upon us. One day Crate will be doing nothing or next-to-nothing for the game and it will be the modders providing us sustenance. I am fine with that as I feel GD is nearly as complete as it needs to be.

1 Like

The map is kinda bare for the mountainous greater areas, I would hope for another expansion :scream_cat::scream:

Unless they pull one hell of a surprise on us I can tell you that there are no known plans or intentions for another expac. Zantai, on the run up to FG release and after, went out of his way to make it clear to not have your hopes up for any such thing. Just so you are aware.