[REL] Grimarillion v90d

I wasn’t talking about what bonuses they can have but about which skills can use them as a weapon :wink:

I was under the impression that staff was added as a weapon type to the other masteries, but when I compared vanilla masteries yesterday I did not even find them (i.e. they are unchanged) and the D3 were identical to the D3 mod (so they do not use staff at all).

I guess the same question would also be about spears…

If the mod devs do not add spear /staff support then that’s the end of that, I’m not going out of my way to add item support for another mod.

Thank you for the info on Wall skills, Asylum. I’ll spec out of them.

I updated the Item Filter (color coding) for Grimarillion after a long interval.
See here for usage.

Text file for translator: eng_colorful_for_translation.zip

This is a translator file that contains texts for the colorful version.
Refer to this when making a translation of the color version Grimarillion.

Note that the latest Grimarillion contains Zeke’s conversation text, which sets Grimmest.

Oh, neat! I just barely installed the color filter thing yesterday for the first time. Good timing. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the work!

As always, thanks for your work Matougi.

Noticed a bug with Storm skill Winter winds, Potent Blast. Text says while wielding a Staff or mighty 2 hand weapon, the strength and radius of winter blast is magnified.
Winter Winds dos not work with a staff…The skill dos nothing with staff equipped.

Also it says winter blast in the skill description on the tree. I think the text should say winter winds.

The staff animation set is probably missing the “spin” animation, will be fixed. Tag issue too, the skill went through a few iterations before I finally settled on this one.

Hi. I’ve been playing this mod for quite some time now and I gotta say it’s awesome.

Could I give some feedback regarding grimmest and latest versions? Imo the grimmest version that went up until v64e is better. Reasons: mob density was better, more challenge and monsters were correct to the regions they are supposed to be. I mean I’m seeing monsters that arent supposed to be in the areas they appear in the regular campaign. Perhaps a rollback on this could be considered? Also could we have an option to turn auto pick up back on? I understand there were issues in multiplayer but not all of us plays this in multiplayer. Maybe there could be a version with the old grimmest and pick up but with the increased stash and other fixes from the newer versions?

jiaco wanted monsters from everywhere to be in the mod, not just in their areas.

Easiest way to do what you want is to uninstall latest Grimarillion and reinstall the v64e version.

I agree with you completely on everything. Problem is, while I played the hell out of this game pre AoM, my free time since then has been pretty much zero and I would have needed a lot of time to play those areas before I could mod the proxies the way I did for all the pre-xpac content.

The current version was a fun experiment in lua scripting, but does not have the same feel as the original because the original was a lot of time spent in Asset Manager (AM) making things the hard way. Between not really knowing very well the new areas and my general distaste for using a GUI to do stuff like you have to do in AM, I did the best I could.

If someone wanted to look at the old sources and get the xpacs modded in a similar fashion to the pre-xpac content, I would vote to use that Grimmest over the current, but I do not see any end to my RL-hell, so it is not likely to come from me.

Sorry to disappoint, but I know what you mean.

I agree with you as i played it senseless.Reason why i like this version tho are that you can try a lot of different builds/playstyles.On the old version you had to have a DA class with the other class or high life steal in the case of my terror knight champ which could tank like a baws but this version i did a full cunning 2handed ranger and a full spr and its fun

So i’m just going to throw this out here. I do 3D mesh in max and Zbrush as a living. Love the MOD,Thanks for all the hard work on it.

I just wish the Witch Doctor skill Fetish army looked something like the D3 models. So i made this yesterday, its my own idea of what a cool Fetish guy would look like.

Figured i could put it in game as the model. Till i started to read into Moding GD and… ya that is complicated for me right now with life and such. No time to learn.

If anyone knows how it could be put into game, i would be happy to give them the files. It comes in low poly and has texture UV mapping. If its not possible that is OK. Was just happy i tried :slight_smile:

Also i could change the model if it would need some changes to be imported.

low poly Version.

Hi Sagos, great work for this model.
It’s possible to import this model, however it would need to be rigged and have animations (attacks, moving, death…) which is a lot of work.
If Grimer wants the fetish army I could import it from D3 and it should be a lot easier.

It’s ok, I’m keeping the v64e for the time being since mixing monsters like this in the campaign brakes immersion for me.

Yeah there are upsides to the new versions like the increased stash size and update in classes. I shall keep an eye on newer versions to see if the benefits outweigh the downsides for me.

It’s hard to cater for all.I personally didn’t mind the difficulty of the old version but my brother found it overwhelming.It also seems on MP on the new version its a little harder than usually or maybe its just me getting old and i can’t click fast enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t got a video yet but I had another freeze on Steps of Torment lvl2, happened immediately after picking up an item. I think it was a green item, not sure which.

I’m trying to translate Grimarillion in French.
Inside the Zip file of Grimarillion, there is grimquest_tags_items.txt.
And in that file, I can read that there are about 20 BOWS :
-Heavy War Bow, Hunting Bow, Scythian Bow…
But when playing, and I play a lot, I’ve never seen any bow. Only Crossbows. Is it intentional? Can’t you do something to make it drop more often ?
In fact, i’ve never seen all the stuff present in that file. May be I’m wrong…

Not everything in the tag files are in game, nor will they ever be. Bows are an impossibility, that is why I changed gq bows to crossbows.

Hi im a newb with grimdawn and for some reason i tryed to mod it
at 1st i tryed the grim internals and the rainbow coloring one
these was my 3rd attempt to mod it since i don’t have all the dlc’s and i really whanted to spin…(like the barbarian from diablo 3 ) and leap and whirlwind won’t work for me … they just stop in place…