[REL] Grimarillion

This happens when people play a character on one mod, and then play the same character on another mod, AFAIK. It seems to be resolved by simply remaking the game in the mod you want to stack the components in.

What a weird bug. I’ve come up with the issue, but I thought it had to do with me copying over the formulas from vanilla to Grimarillion. In fact I tested it multiple times and when I used vanilla formulas in Grimarillion, some items always started not stacking anymore.

Fixed it by saying “fuck it” and starting fresh. Or so I thought. Because maybe you’re right. And also: why would formulas have anything to do with stackable items. Made no sense.

is there any version of this mod without Grimmest? I never liked that mod as it just kills my performance. The game can barely handle it’s current creature count.

I have seen the component bug happen on character that I only use on Grimarillion though, I played them on different versions but never on other mods.

+1 It would be nice to have an option without grimmest or a lighter version of grimmest (like x2). Because it ruins FPS.

Suggested a new download link, because China’s Internet are often unable to connect Google.

Can you think of anything else specific about that bug? Did you try copying over formulas? I’ve been trying to think it through why that would happen (and I honestly thought it had to do with me duplicating formulas), but I can’t seem to pinpoint the fucker.

Grimarillion components will change one more time…then they are done.

Corn has components, GQ has components and they are getting put together in a more robust manner very soon. Starting next update, there will be no more of this component mess I hope. I suspect that it might be possible that one version had just Corn modifications, then I grabbed vanilla during Autopickup integration, then Asylum’s where I saw socketting issues for staffs/spears and I still need a bit more time for the next set of materia. I am not sure how the game is confused, they always have the same path, but this might be it.

No, I started from nothing, but it often happens when you talk to a merchant as it has been already said. I frankly don’t know what is going on since it’s almost instantaneous, I just see some components parts appearing where there was nothing before. It’s not a big deal but I was wondering what was going on.

P.S. : I remember seeing this bug happens on your stream, Depravities, but I couldn’t find it this morning on the twitch replay.

Yeah, fuck it. Eventually the man at arms tackling these issues will figure it out. I tried loading characters, copying characters, fucking with formulas, doing the lot. Can’t figure it out. They will. They are man of the people!

I have tracked the issue down to an overlapping memory excution dohikiablombit. Apparently, if a user recently did a bing search for naked hillary Windows would modify some dlls that mainly manage inventory type operations. Little Bobian to Big William changes also corrupte dthe autocompletion of components.

The key to return your system to its previous state is bing: naked trump.

I hope you’re able to fix it. :cool:

ugh, no thanks, I’d rather keep the error :wink:

Changes in v0.1.4:
FIXED: Final set of materia from both Cornucopia and Grim Quest (for now…if this is really what bugged stuff, then we cannot say this will be future compatible, cause somebody might want to add components or change them at some point).
FIXED: Directory structure in download
QUESTION: Still need to test/debug the inability to use components.
Updated ui v014

Updated on mega

Crafted components can now be applied on jewelry, thanks.

Edit : Still can’t apply venom-tipped ammo on jewelry, but vitriolic gallstone & wrathstone can be be put on jewelry, it’s pretty weird.

Edit 2 : Different ammo components can’t be put on jewelry.

Seems my question got lost in the ever-growing void of deep space!

Is it possible to play Grimmarillion without Grimmest Dawn? Mainly because that mod tanks me fps, and it just becomes too chaotic. I never liked Xmas in TQ either for the same reason.

Not currently. But if you have the current version of Grim Quest, it should be fully compatible if you want to go to that, I just don’t have the Cornucopia changes or the Autopickup. Might consider the auto-pickup, not sure yet.

Zenith I believe is also fully compatible, characters shouldn’t be lost.

However Zenith>Grim Quest or GQ > Zenith chars, that would be problematic.

i hope you guys decide to make a version without grimmest. Cause I found the changes in Copernucopia to be rather game changing (for the better)

How about a version that unlimited enemy scaling and xmax 2 but nothing else from Grimmest? I could just copy the mod, rip out the pools and rebuild…next time I will upload something non Grimmest for testing.

cheers! I don;t find the game all that enjoyable with the screen cluttered with several dozens of enemies right of the bat. I can only imagine how frustrating that will get later on with the more powerful enemies. I’m fine with enemy scaling, just not the increase in amounts of monsters. Vanilla, imo, nailed the density fairly well.

What does Xmas 2 do though? Increase density by a factor of 2? Assuming the current version uses an even higher multiplier