[REL] Grimarillion

This would be much appreciated as it will open up some of the squishier classes for HC play.

The Autopickup is such a good QoL change that cant think of playing now without it. Looking forward to the newer version incorporating the new legendaries as well. Thanks to all the creators of the mods.

CHeers!

First i want to thanks to the creators of this mod. I like it very much.

The problem with grimmest here is that you cant play 60% of the classes. All of the TQ classes has no AOE.

Ranger semi-aoe is only piercing dmg, squall is heavily nerfed with 6 seconds cooldown (the 6 in the original TQ squall is a duration, not cd), the ternion attack thingie requires you attack speed on a full caster class and using 2h staff (1h wands are no go)

But if you see a skills like olexaā€™s flash freeze where you click 1 time and all within 15-20m get freezed to death, even the bosses (yes its modifed to affect them) its kinda unfair.

It will be so nice to balance the TQ classes to be more effective vs grimmer&grimmest.

Hunterā€™s AOE as penetration is quite strong actually and it gets better. There is also the the net which can deal pretty decent damage early levels and helps you kite easier. For melee hunters, yes there is no AOE.

Squallā€¦

That isnā€™t to say there isnā€™t room for improvement, but saying in TQ it had no cooldown is clearly flat out wrong, as you can see.

Ternion requiring attack speed, thatā€™s your choice. The skill is meant for attack speed casters, if you donā€™t want to build attack speed, donā€™t play Ternion build, very simple. Itā€™s the same as it was in TQ, if you want to make that comparison for Squall, then it would apply the same to this skill as well.

How far did you get with any of these masteries before coming to those conclusions? Iā€™ve played Grimmest with all the GQ classes, have been able to reach the shambler with 0 deaths. The shambler fight causes issues as it is one hell of a fight, but it can be done if you take it slowly. The hardest class for me to fight him with was warfare, and that is not because of the lack of AOE.

I appreciate any attempt at bashing the masteries Iā€™ve imported, but if youā€™d be so kind as to provide proper feedback instead of simply insinuating theyā€™re useless, that would be beneficial to everyone. The mod is still being worked on, the numbers can be re-evaluated and I have plans for expanding the masteries, and you would know that if you took the time to check out the origin thread for the Grim Quest masteries (posted in the original post of this thread).

I have to admit i feel like him about those masteries in a dense mob environment Grimmest provides.
And each time i considered playing one, either in DAIL or Grimarillion, i actually found myself more enclined to pick other ones (vanilla ones included).

Plus you shouldnā€™t jump at him for not knowing that you have expanding plans, heā€™s giving his opinion about what is available to him when installing a mod, and he doesnā€™t have to know what it could become in a near future to appreciate it as it is now.

So in the end, heā€™s kinda right that Grimm Quest masteries are a bit lackluster atm.

Plus you shouldnā€™t jump at him for not knowing that you have expanding plans, heā€™s giving his opinion about what is available to him when installing a mod, and he doesnā€™t have to know what it could become in a near future to appreciate it as it is now.

Itā€™s only been stated about dozens and dozens of times at this point and in the OP of this thread, and if you went to look at the GQ thread (posted in the OP again), you can see an FAQ that goes over this.

So in the end, heā€™s kinda right that Grimm Quest masteries are a bit lackluster atm.

Again, like I told him, if you are going to claim the masteries are lackluster, you have to give proper feedback. You canā€™t just say ā€˜itā€™s bad, i donā€™t like it so i wonā€™t play itā€™. I need specific things to balance otherwise it will stay lackluster. Without proper guidance, I cannot do much. You donā€™t expect me to play each mastery 10,000 times myself do you? There is only so much I can do on my own, Iā€™m only one person. Iā€™m not the only modder who faces this problem, I have seen the creator of DoH struggling with the same thing, so you cannot say I am ā€˜jumping at peopleā€™ for this.

It is a community project. We help each other, you guys get to have fun, do no work and just enjoy yourselves while we painstakingly try to balance the mods for what? We donā€™t get anything out of this. We just enjoy creating new things and when people give good feedback and are genuinely interested in our mod, itā€™s a huge boon to us. Once enough people have pitched in their ideas/suggestions, perhaps the masteries could be more balanced. But it is like I said, a community project, we have to help each other to make this better.

The problem with Grim Quest is that many things from Titan Quest do not really translate well in Grim Dawn without modification.

Without a doubt, you did a good job and you were alone, itā€™s was huge task (and still is), but I think it would benefit to have a huge brainstorming to overhaul the items (mainly relics that seems to be on the weak side) and masteries, to add skills & passive so that it doesnā€™t stop a 32 mastery points, because it feels like an error to take one as it is.

And itā€™s even worse with the density from Grimarillion.

I donā€™t know what the other thinks, but maybe a brainstorming thread (or just posting it on the GQ thread) would be a good idea, if there are people willing to give feedback though.

Im sorry if you see my opinion as bashing, i guess i used a wrong words, but then again my english is not so good. You really CAN use every mastery in Grimarilion.

What i ment with the ā€œbashingā€ post is the big contrast that we see with the other masteries, buffed for grimmer&grimmest, probably unneccesary.

Yes i played (tried) to play every TQ mastery, but it was kinda time consuming - to kill a zombie in 5 hits when the other 20 are waiting for you.

I did managed to level a hunter to 23 (stil playing), its kind of ok with the penetration, but i have to see it on higher levels and difficulty.

My bad on Squall - i checked the titancalc and there was no cd. I never played squall char in TQ, but heard it was very nice AoE dmg skill.

Ternion attack is in a very critical position. If you want to spec for it you have to use 2h staff, which has to be as powerful as 1h+shield/offhand.

Not to mention the bonuses to support it. I have no idea if you ported the unique staves from TQ as well. I really want to do a ternion attack char.

Titan Quest masteries are just not designed for the harsh environment of Grim Dawn + Grimmer&Grimmest. They just need a bit of tweaking.

v015 is going up because of this

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showpost.php?p=430306&postcount=460

Thanks for the clarification.

Titancalc does not show cooldowns, so as a reference itā€™s not the best. Squall IS a good damage skill however. Like I said before and Iā€™m sure you can imagine, I cannot test everything but I have gotten past the shambler by level 11 with a squall+spellbreaker mage build on Grimarillion. You have to kite alot but thankfully Squall gets a really big AOE and can hit most things on the screen by the time you max it. Maybe I will lower the cooldown to half, I will need more people testing it to see for sure.

Ternion attack has to be an ā€˜attackā€™ skill, itā€™s just how it was meant to be. I think when Jiaco updates the main post with 1.3.3, it will be better. I havenā€™t gotten far with it yet, but with the changes I made it feels much stronger. As for being as powerful as a 1h+shield, I think itā€™s pretty close now. The damage is quite high at the start (now it is), fire staves have a constant 25 dmg and it only gets higher. Every staff provides regen, cooldown, AND damage bonuses to itā€™s respective damage type. So it could stand to improve perhaps, but I think itā€™s quite good as it is. Time will tell.

Unique staves are not in yet, I havenā€™t had time to do everything, spears should be in but Iā€™m not sure yet.

Titan Quest masteries are just not designed for the harsh environment of Grim Dawn + Grimmer&Grimmest. They just need a bit of tweaking.

Technically, neither are the Grim Dawn Masteries. :stuck_out_tongue:

Weighing in to the GQ balance discussion while I have the time to.

I think the number one thing holding the GQ masteries back is the reward of attributes/health/energy per mastery point invested. In fact, the latest GQ patch exacerbates this issue a bit. No vanilla GD mastery receives as little as 1 point in an attribute slot per mastery point; the minimum is 2, as seen with 2 Spirit/level in Soldier or 2 Physique/level in Arcanist. I can understand why itā€™s being done - as a middle ground between Titan Quest (where masteries only rewarded 2 of the 3 core stats) and Grim Dawn. But I donā€™t think itā€™s especially sustainable for a character, especially not in Grimmest.

Another, similar area is the health/energy reward per mastery point. In Cornucopia, balancing for the vanilla game - meaning NOT grimmest - we chose to increase the health reward of masteries by some degree, breaking the trend of ā€œ38 pointsā€ (vanilla GD masteries reward 38 points split between health/energy per mastery level).

In TQ masteries received 28 points split between health/energy, which would be totally unviable for GD. But Iā€™d argue that even the 38 ā€˜standardā€™ isnā€™t viable and would encourage further tweaking. Itā€™s OK to break the mold as needed. :slight_smile:

Havenā€™t had much time to play but complete agree. The mastery bar stats really add up. It would be cool if their mastery bar rewards were inline with what we did in Corn. It made a big difference in players surviving ultimateā€™s burst.

Question??? I have all the mods.and characters from the cornucopia,Grim Quest, as well this new combo of them all. what I want to know maybe I missed it but can I play my already made characters in this new combo of all these Great Mods as well zenith thanks for all you Guys and Gals Very Hard work to put this together

Those ā€œRegeneratorā€ heroes ā€¦ I simply donā€™t try to kill them anymore.
(Well, in fact, i kill them anyway. But what a challenge.)
Every Devotion point, every Mastery point count A LOT now.
Thatā€™s why Grimarillion is good.

Recommended next version Such arrangement Class.

Not a bad idea. I might consider it for my own mod, dunno about how the others feel for this mod, but imo itā€™s a good change. The only reason it is how it is now, is because when I made Grim Quest, it was only my 9 classes, then the cap was upped, so I added the main classes onto it after that. We just recycled my UI, soā€¦ thatā€™s that.

Iā€™m not sure I agree that the reward per mastery point investment is the issue at hand. By comparison:

Physique heavy class, Soldier gets 5 physique, 3.5 cunning, and 1.5 spirit per level (not 2).
Defense, the GQ equivalent, gets 5.5 physique, 3.5 cunning, and 1 spirit per level.

Health wise, Soldier gets 28 per level in vanilla, Defense gets 32.
Mana, Soldier gets 10 per level, Defense gets 6.

I could go on, but the way you are responding makes it seem like I havenā€™t touched the mastery per level growth, when in fact they were WELL over the margin for per level growth prior to GQ1.3.2. Defense was able to get over 2500 HP from the mastery alone. Other masteries like Nature and Spirit were well under that ā€˜balancedā€™ zone.

As for breaking the moldā€¦ I think I already did that by giving masteries like defense and spirit more than 5 points per level.

My goal is to align balance with GD, not Corn. Whatever changes you guys made, perhaps they are well suited to Grimmest, but again, itā€™s not my goal. No offense.

?

To make the mod work you only need to download this mod, Grimarillion. No need for the others. As for character compatibility, only with the most recent versions of our respective mods are they compatible. Older versions wonā€™t work, sorry. :frowning:

Iā€™m not sure I agree that the reward per mastery point investment is the issue at hand. By comparison:

Physique heavy class, Soldier gets 5 physique, 3.5 cunning, and 1.5 spirit per level (not 2).
Defense, the GQ equivalent, gets 5.5 physique, 3.5 cunning, and 1 spirit per level.

Health wise, Soldier gets 28 per level in vanilla, Defense gets 32.
Mana, Soldier gets 10 per level, Defense gets 6.

I could go on, but the way you are responding makes it seem like I havenā€™t touched the mastery per level growth, when in fact they were WELL over the margin for per level growth prior to GQ1.3.2. Defense was able to get over 2500 HP from the mastery alone. Other masteries like Nature and Spirit were well under that ā€˜balancedā€™ zone.

As for breaking the moldā€¦ I think I already did that by giving masteries like defense and spirit more than 5 points per level.

My goal is to align balance with GD, not Corn. Whatever changes you guys made, perhaps they are well suited to Grimmest, but again, itā€™s not my goal. No offense.

ok thanks this is Just Great as I have the most recent of them all Keep up all the Fantastic Work you all are doing makes this game that much so much more Awesome !!!.. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Just defeated the warden on the latest version of Grimarillion with a TQ hunter.

Class starts off kinda slow, but really picks up.

I didnā€™t get that artifact (relic) til after I killed krieg, prior to that my DPS was about 650

1 death, got trapped in one of those tiny cellars in Burrwitch Estates while it was full of heroes, including Darlax (the corruption with the blue stun bombs) causing me to become permastunned in a cornerā€¦

build:

I can see buffing a few things, but so far, Iā€™m not quite convinced itā€™s TOO weak. Of course this stage of the game is not nearly enough to tell whether something is strong or not, but being able to handle Shambler fight and Warden fight (adds included) with no sweat tells me itā€™s on the right trackā€¦

As it is now, the class is a monster. Melee enemies are not a problem, they explode into billions of tiny pieces before they even come close enough to hit my DECOY. :slight_smile:

Another suggestion:
Will ā€œText_EN.arcā€ in many of text files into one, which is easy to non-English area localized translation.

E.g:

Hi,

Iā€™ve created a new toon to try Grimarillion (nice name btw) and I tried a Champion.

Is it normal that a spear is not considered melee weapon for battery?