Requested help on 2h vitality Conjurer

Greetings everyone.

While i farmed tomb of heretic last weekend for magi of basti and his ring i found not only nightbringer(too bad it has low vitality%) but also prime ring of morgoneth.
I heared that with this weapon you can build a strong conjurer that can solo callagadra etc so i decided to try my own build. But grim dawn is so complex and i only “copy/pasted” 2 other char builds yet i would appreciate every suggestions to improve it.

Right now i am stuck at this point: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25dBd0N

The two sources i got some ideas from are:

and

Because i just dont know what green items are good i never picked em up yet and so i tried to stick with purple items only.
The things i dont like are:

• only 2568 DA (though if my calculations are correct, callagadra should not crit with her OA right?)
  • crap armor rating (but i dont see a way to improve that without changing the dark ones set.)
  • low stun/freeze res
  • some items seem sub-optimal as purples.
  • imp/lotus and crossroads constellation to get requiered affinities

Thoughts i have:

• while i farmed my missing dark ones item i found a “soldiers rylok mark of readiness” this could compensate the low DA a bit.
  • swap boots for some with stun res (honestly i dont know why everybody else use boneshatter treads. Because of the 4%physical resistance? Reduces enemy DA?)
  • not sure if “Tip the scales” is an reliable enough RR (maybe swap it out for revenant. But i wanted to try something different than on my other chars)
  • 1+1 point in familiar for mend flesh as another source of healing. Not sure if it can survive to be useful though.
  • still 13 skillpoints available. But should i put them? Shaman class for more base stats? Feral hunger for more aoe on autoattack? Aspect of the guardian for 2%phys res? Blood of dreeg for 42 OA? i honestly dont know and cant decide lol
  • maybe mythical hand of open mercy as second ring?

Right now i farm the missing dark ones pieces then have to level a new char. So i cannot say if this build works already but i like to theory craft in advance and hope you can help me build a strong character :wink:

EDIT: And maybe screw the armor absorbtion in components? Because armor is already so low it should not matter that much if have 100% or not. Better increase resist, OA/DA?

hi. you could also consider putting some more points in wasting from bloody pox to reduce oa of monsters just as good as raising your da

That sounds like a good idea. Its 2.5 time more effective than blood of dreeg if i compare the OA/DA difference. Blood of dreeg in hindsight is easier to maintain. Guess thats something i have to try out when i finished the char.

wasting lowers monster oa and only when bloody pox is applied its much different from dreeg which increases your oa and is always active, i would keep the second skill of blood of dreeg soft capped and throw everything in the first skill

Two observations from testing my Dark One.

1. Imo conjurer has so much to gain from investing in casts - and so many casts - that investing in melee beyond the bare minimum to charge Savagery is a little bit missed. You have neither attack speed nor much chance to use Savagery with so much casting to do. Also, you get so much healing from Totems, Sigils, Bat and Wendigo/Scales that you don’t really need the extra sustain.

Storm Totem is your very best Ratosh proccer, and even at 16/16 with no mods and not a lot of cdr (gonna be 2 and 3rd with 60-70%-ish uptime) it’s worth it dmg-wise. Sigil is godly for sustain, and you can get almost 100% converted to vit with Nightbringer and other right items (Basti ring and Pestilence of Dreeg), so it’s max/max for me. Wasting is your cheap source of effective da, and some more passive self-dealing dmg.

1. For da, replace the jewelry augments with either Arcanum Dusts or Irrah’s Bloods. Recompense for lost oa with Stolen Dreams belt. And try to fit that Solemn Watcher. Even with the last nerf it’s still maybe the best defensive T2 with 5 affinities for 5 points. Try to fit Hawk - best offensive stat T1 - and you can easily adjust oa/da proportions with augments

2. With Dark One and it’s chaos to vit you just GOTTA use Eldritch Pact. The proc is maybe the strongest from all relics (isn’t it?).

3. Interesting option with Scales. It’s great for energy. But. Revenant offers million times better rr spread (and non-trivial dmg actually if you proc it well), and helps with DG affinities. Imp is absolutely missed, though. You only get 25% of its dmg.

I also have a version with revenant instead of scales. Just wanted opinions on something different :wink:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrWoBjN
It also have solemn watcher and hawk.

I did not get the totem because i already felt that i cannot attack at all with so many casts that have a ~5sec duration. But maybe its just too good.

Will to check out the items later, have to drive now. Thanks for your suggestions.

Did not have much time last days so a late response.
I did check out your thread and got some new impressions.

You play more as an caster that just use normal attacks to stack some passives wich make you more tanky and your spells hit harder.
At first i wanted an 2hand melee fighter that use spells to debuff but maybe thats not the way to go. Guess i have to try that out myself later (leveling new char atm).

I did compare your devotion map with my second one.
Mine has bit more physic,spirit,health,OA. More resists (cold,lightning,acid,bleeding) wich is kinda useless cause they are easy overcapped anyhow and slow/freeze resist. Some little acid and chaos damage
Yours got bit more DA, more vit damage%, crit and cast speed. + Wendigo proc is way better than dryad i think?
So i guess i will just copy your devotions. To bad i cant figure out a strong devotion on my own :confused:

Yesterday i crafted some stuff. Pants and Boots seems okay for me think i will use them. The relic (eldritch) however had horrible completion bonus. Is there a way to reroll that? Cause i doubt i can craft more of them until i get an okay roll.
Not sure if i can get my hands on a ring of basti (i search one for a friend so i have to find 2. And the low drop chance with only 2x 1/7 spawns per run this will take forever)

I inserted the gear i crafted, adapted your devotion map and shuffled the skills a bit.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXjx3LV

Do you have any more suggestions?

PS: Are the rolls on the greens good? I really dont know what so look for lol

WOOT WOOT a relevant topic for me!

Hey Andrej,

I’ve actually done a very similar 2H, Vitality damage, Savagery-focused Conjurer. And it’s probably closer to the build you/yourself are outlining than the other ones you linked to.

It’s definitely got the defensive stats you are looking for (over 3.1k DA & has -OA debuffs, for reference Callagadra has 3k OA and will definitely be able to crit you if you have less than 3.1k DA) and mitigates the problem with low Armor from Dark One’s by being creative with items to get overcapped physical resistances

Here’s a link to mine:

And there was lots of discussion in the thread about similar topics that might be of interest to you

Does she really have that high OA?
https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/1877/skills
says 2754

Will check out your post too!

Do you have any recommendations to my specific build? And do the greens i rolled fit for this char?

Imo best defensive Stoneplates now - if you’re not desperate for res - are Survivalist’s of Survival. Or of Kings if you want some offensive boost, too.

Pants affixes - whatever fixes res. I like of Void Harbinger because of very rare freeze res, and extra %dmg is always good. Aether res is kinda low so maybe Renegade’s or Thunderstruck?

Wendigo is crazy good now. Dryad is not bad for builds with no heals and with off-hand but wanting to save attribute points normally spent in spirit (ideal for pets) but you don’t need any of that. It has some rare stuff like DoT duration decrease (useful for deep SR where DoT mutators get really out of whack) - but you don’t need that either since you usually cancel that out with crazy sustain.

Basti is imo BiS as it completes your ele to vit conversion, boosting Sigil, Morgo procs and Savagery if you insist on maxing it. But I’d look at a very good Sigil of the Damned (blue ring) - it gives you good stats, good res, hardcaps Wasting which is grand and gives you another mini-Sigil that’s actually quite strong (equivalent of occultist’s Sigil at 15/12!).

That’s because Callagadra spawns at a minimum of: your level + 12 (so at level 100, her stats should be for level 112 - the link shows her at level 100)

Your Soldier’s Rylok Mark of Readiness is very good and I’d keep that over your other greens unless you need to shore up resistances - as for boots, I agree with ya1, try to aim for the ‘of Survival’ suffix because it’s really fricking strong at 5/6/7% DA and lots of auxillary resists.

As for your build I’d totally get level 50 in the Shaman mastery and move around some skills:

• like softcapping CoF
  • moving points off of Solael’s Witchfire/Second Rite - keeping them at 1 - if your goal is to boost your auto attack damage then pumping their points into Savagery is the way to go
  • putting more points in Aspect of the Guardian at intervals of 2: like 16 or 18 - it’s an ‘always-on’ damage bonus and it gives physical resistance, which is important since our armor is so low
  • taking points off of your non bread-and-butter skills like: Bloody Pox, Wasting, and Upheavel to put into your bread and butter skills (whichever one you find feels the best in-game), if you have excess then put them back into Wasting
  • if you do decide to go for a Savagery playstyle, you should try investing at least 8 points into Feral Hunger to max out the proc chance

Did some good progress this weekend. Got the char to 100, some crucial factions to revered and finished AoM on ultimate.
While rushing through the mainquest i also unlocked Ravager of the mind and tested him without augments. To my suprise i just killed him with ease. But it took a while. My damage is/was just mediocre.
Would love to push my spirit for more damage but i loose 200 DA as trade. Before i killed callagadra i am too afraid to do that :wink:

While starting FG quests several people joined and i was able to trade some good greens.
Another guy traded me better version of the relic.
As result i shifted some components and augments:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrWY63N

3k OA and DA, all res overcapped by a good amount, ~60phys res, ~2400 vit damage.
Because the res are so hard overcapped i even think about swap some armor augments to Dreeg’s Omen for more DA. Then swap ring augments to Survivor’s Ingenuity for even more OA.
But i will wait until i tried callagadra first.

I also realized that your submission is totally right. It feels like you do way more damage with all that dots and procs than with autoattacks.
To embrace that (and with the new relic/medal) i swapped around the skills again to max out SoC/Destruction. Also decreased bloody pox but increased storm totem.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

1 Like