[Retaliation Battlemage] Avenger - Retaliation, Reflect, "Counter-Hit" Build with fast killing speed

I was wondering what components you recommend?

Component logic in my opinion-

1. Resistances come first
  2. Retaliation comes second

Example.
If i have the option to insert Attuned Loadstone in medal slot but my chaos resistance is low then i will use Black Tallow

Only Exception-

Shield components are fixed-

Mark of Myrmidon, Serrated Shell etc. Basically anything that reduces shield recovery time or increases block chance

Thanks for that it a huge help.

Just not really sure whats best thing for my weapon atm

Was thinking of imbued silver for the extra resistance aura

Defenses are always prime imo, mainly cause you’r entire point is to get hit but not get hurt

with good rolls I am able to use prismatic diamond on helm for more reflect… again thanks for the guide. this build eats madqueen for lunch with way way much better kill speed than the warder retal build… maybe there is a better retal build out there but idk…

with this one…u can facetank MQ with zero kiting as long as u time the mirror and nullify combo… fabius, log and ben are a joke with this build… I have not tried valdaran and the rest but this one is solid. Just gotta figure out how to kill maybe rangy enemies faster but the counterstrike go ability makes it up if you are up close , again thanks :cool:

Wait Prismatic Diamond is useful in a build? :eek:

Damn…

Maybe there is;)

Valdaran is cakewalk

Hmm, your post here reminds me of something i need to do with this build

Hello there,

Just want to ask a question about this dagger Master’s Spellblade. Is it really up to 42 RR as I saw in GD database? And that prefix Plaguebearer’s, does it stack with the base dagger’s RR?

If Master’s Spellblade spawns with this affix then they do indeed stack with one another

can this build kill the three stooges? :stuck_out_tongue:

You figured out I was talking about this :D:D

Way to kill the suspense :rolleyes:

Jk

I’ll give you the answer in a few hours, what’s your successrate against them?

to be honest with you 0… because I only tried like twice and gave up… I may revisit this once again but it may take me like forever to figure this one out as this build has never been my preferred playstyle…

Well I can reliably kill them now

Build is the same only for Valbury you need to replace Components with 2x Purified Salt, Augments with 2x Outcast’s Wrath and Rings with 2x Screams of Aether

Even then you need to have an action plan, don’t randomly attack any member

Order of killing

1. Van Aldritch
  2. Garl
  3. Hallos

Once their hp drops their bubble appears, keep hitting them to make sure their resistance stays reduced and when Blitz and Mirror are up then use them simultaneously for massive reflect.

Maintain your focus at one target at any instant when you kill one move on to the next one in the order of killing given above

Mind you this is the only reliable way for this build to kill these fuckers. Even Valdaran goes down w/o preparation

good work right there… gotta give it a shot sometime somehow! :cool:

Thanks

Let me know how it goes for you

Just make sure to keep hitting the same target even if the barrier is activated, it’s damage absorb can be bypassed through heavy damage we deal but it is progressively broken down so after 2 or 3 barriers Aldritch dies. I know it’s a lot but for some reason he is the slowest boss in the game and doesn’t trigger Targo even though Valdaran triggers targo

Great build! Leveling guide maybe? :slight_smile:

I might tweak the build a little and this might be updated so I’ll add a leveling guide alone with the update. If I don’t tweak it then I’ll still write a leveling guide

For now

Pick Soldier
-Max Military Conditioning

• 1 pt in Blitz
  • Get 2h weapon
  • Get Cadence/Blade Arc and sweep through Normal/Veteran difficulty

Get Arcanist when you need Spirit for items (no need to invest in Spirit since Arcanist covers it)
-Invest in Inner Focus (depending on your Spirit Requirements)

For now just follow what I’ve written above. You can quickly level up by playing as an LMB build and then switch to Retaliation later on

Without hi-jacking your thread too much. Do you feel it’s better to just bite the bullet and use an editor for some of those greens?

I’ve been farming Ikrix Scales religiously for the last 3 weeks like (30 runs a day). I can barely get a single rare roll on these damn things let alone a double rare. Also sometimes it takes me literally 20 runs before I get a single drop. I don’t know what the drop chance are for these but they could certainly be improved it’s not like it’s a commonly farmed MI. Anyway, I don’t know if I’m wasting my time farming for something which is nigh impossible to achieve. Technically I’m after specific single rare affix so it should be achievable…

I am not an SF player, I got this through trading. But I don’t think it is bad for a person to use the editor, I personally won’t but I can understand the perspective of someone who will.

I never farm Ikrix, I am only supposed to farm the Guardians, Karroz, Gollus, Iron Maiden tbh. My other friends farm that insect, other Nemesis, sentinel, crucible, Valbury, cronley. Obviously we rotate the tasks but I never do Insects :rolleyes:. Trust me even with 4x efficiency Ikrix scale is a bitch to get and the one I am using wasn’t the one I wanted

Guide updated

***Also added Markovian Commando concept - http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=467671#post467671