Second Expansion ?

I guess that’s a fair point but last time I was involved in MOBAs, League of Salt and DOTA had the majority of the playerbase

I do hope for some arpg content.
Even experienced developers some time try to catch a hype. The biggest example is Dawn of War 3. Despite being developed by the Relic it is a very primitive moba with zero tactical depth …

It doesn’t matter how big the playerbase is if it’s big enough. :cool:

yes, and so is your opinion :wink:

While we cannot decide for Crate, we definitely can let them know what we think about the topic. When you think about it, this is pretty much true for the entire forum, so that is just as moot as this thread - or just as relevant

Crate have made the decision to work on other projects for the time being.

But only in parallel, not exclusivley, it’s not like they have put GD on hold.

As for a second expansion, the TQ engine the game is built on is over 10 years old now. How feasible it would be to make another expansion on it in a few years’ time is debatable.

which is what this thread does :wink:

2 expansions, don’t be so stingy i want 5.

Seeing how one single item can open up new builds, if there were additional expansions I would be more interested in new items > devotions > masteries > areas.

I wouldn’t say no to it. But i am not sure what is best for the game… Usually, one expansion is just the thing! And besides, “finishing” something at the height of its peak, is one of the important factors to make it an all times classic (like Diablo 2 and Titan Quest). Overstretching something, rarely has any good results for it.

Two expansions is more than enough to me. After that it just feels like the game is being milked. I’d rather Crate move on to something else instead.

Mercy, sah.

It’s not my fault you guys make such good stuffs, now produce Dammit;)

I highly suspect I will keep wanting more content after the expansion. The question probably should be asked after the expansion though. It doesn’t have to hook into the main campaign, something like the Crucible (obviously not exactly the same) would be ok. Try to stress some different gameplay experiences in it. Would also like the lore extended. It doesn’t sound like those two things match but if you look at those as goals and try to see what you can come up with I think they could. Even something like a quick way to access lots of different rogue-like dungeons could work.

Why not, actually? A Crucible-like DLC that revamps a bunch of maps from the main game as rogue-like - with ‘slightly more randomized’ monsters. Along with some cool new items and new lore (and shield mastery?).

Basically take maps from the main game, make an algorithm to randomize in/outs and blocked passages, randomize monster type (just a list of preset that you can get) with boosted stats and loot.

Sounds more manageable than a full extension, and would still keep the game fresh - also add possible end-game content. But I am not a dev or a modder on GD, so maybe it would not be as easy it sounds in my head :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: Moaar content ! But I trust Crate to decide whether extra content or work on other projects / sequel is preferable.

Which I would like to see in a second expansion: I would like them to include an enlargement of the existing maps, to extend them, to give the impression that it is less linear, more like an open world. It’s just a personal opinion.

I would also like to see something like this: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23264

Fucking thank God!!
I’ve been looking for that thread for ages

That is something GD should have imo

If Crate can develop or use a new engine, I’d prefer a new game rather than another expansion. Too much baggage with the TQ engine.

An expansion would have to continue with the story.

A new game could go many ways…setting it after GD is a logical next step.

But a prequel to GD would be interesting too. Before the Grim Dawn, Erulan’s various factions of guilds and noble families vying for dominance. The emperor wary of threats to his throne. The Arcanists of the Gildan Arcanum digging deep into the Aether…There’s a lot of the story still waiting to be told.

So looking at merrida’s post about where to go due to the crowding in the ARPG/Diablo-like market, one bit they could in theory look at is Skyrim/Gothic/Fallout - New Vegas game space since the market’s not that full due to publisher’s/dev’s going with MOBA-likes/Survival etc. Heck, about the only release coming up in the space is Elex, meanwhile Fallout has decayed into Skyrim with Guns and Building as Bethesda is seemingly incapable of learning from criticism. And Piranha Bytes has shown you don’t need a huge team to craft a fun game in this space vis Risen 1.

Hello,

I voted for a second Xpac. But a new engine would be awesome too.
Xpac + new engine maybe, please ?

Someone suggested a sequel, and i think it would make an awesome game.

On a personnal taste, i’d like much more :

• breakable walls / ark / bridges / rockpile / etc …
  • more out of map / radar secrets areas
  • a inherent underworld (sewers - grottos - tunnels - crypts - necropolis) linked, as a mirror of the outter world.

Yes i know it s a lot of work, but it’s Crate’s fault : GD is excellent, and i feel like i can ask / hope even better for next …

Have you played TQ engine in a while? I went back to TQ for a bit and OMFG the restrictions they had on that engine compared to GD is night and day and although for 2006 the game was great to look at and way beyond what anyone accomplished skill tree wise in an ARPG it was just massively restricted compared to GD… and yes I know this engine is similar but devs have also stated that they massively upgraded and enhanced GD’s engine for obvious reasons…especially to put in well placed secret areas to find…which I tend to keep finding new ones every time I go through the damn game lol.

This game is just gorgeous to look at while playing…no other ARPG has me WANTING to fully clear every section of every level JUST to stare at how well made and beautiful it is to just look at. I actually am looking into getting into game design for this reason alone because I’d love to be a part of something like that before I turn to dust and come back as some effed up aetherial…

Yeah, play every day so I guess that’s why I don’t see the restrictions you see. I’m not into game mechanics so that doesn’t help I guess, but I’m so familiar with the game that any restrictions - well, just aren’t I suppose.

That’s not to say that GD isn’t an improvement because it is. Pathing is MUCH better for one, effects too. :slight_smile:

Given the time Crate takes to make games (a good thing in itself), i think they should move on to a new project after the first expansion, with a fresh start. I’m not opposed at all to a GD 2, though, or maybe TQ 2 :smiley: