Seek advice for my first fire aura paladin

I think the reason for that is simple - if you got dual dagger instead S&B u get tons of bigger attack speed which means u gonna spin faster, therefore bigger mana cost.

titanquestFan is right tho, it’s nothing big to worry about unless u get drained in first 5 seconds of just using Eye of Reckoning skill itself.

EDIT: If you really think u have difficulties with energy, how about getting suffix either on pants or boots or both even with this →

I recently built my cold stun jacks build with that kind of setup and energy/mana bar didn’t move a bit! :smiley:

2 Likes

I have completed the final quest to get the last skill point and finished FG. Now just going for some totem and MI run and prepare for the next character (I don’t think he is tanky enough to fight celestial bosses). May be bliz warlord or Markovian warlord (I have completed the set during totem farm and transmute).

1 Like

Ravager / Crate should be fine (obviously you have to dodge Sunders). You can always back of for a bit when both of your heals and Ghoul are on cooldown. And you could use potions including ADCTH ones. Crate I’m not sure as it also kinda requires good damage and I don’t know how much this one has as I’m not very experienced with EoR.

I have tuned him up a bit, change the component on helm and weapons to boost up his attack speed and damage a bit and sacrifice his phy resist. How does he look?

EDIT: Oh, I have forgotten that his piercing resist comes from seal of might, need to tune up again🤦🏽‍♂️

You also may want to try and overcap Poison res.

Just revert the components on the weapon back to seal of might (though the phy resist will be gone in the future patch) and reallocate some attributes points to cunning and spirit

I am still struggling with resistance as fire-based gear have far too many chaos resist and it ends up weak in other resistancel

I am still figuring out how to further increase his hp, hp regen and damage. There are not much items that have good synergies with paladin…:thinking:

For damage Mythical Flames of Wrath - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database might be better but you’d have to test it.

I just want to let you know, that this build exists:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-1-9-1-world-police-and-friendly-fire-5-guardians-of-empyrion-paladin-4-20-crucible-sr75-all-celestials/109254

The guardians are kind of “auraish”, since they cant die and dont need to be resummoned.

Too late! He hates Barrowholm so much that he has already cleansed the whole village :joy:

I have switched to Flames of Wrath and changed his Physique and Cunning a bit

Thank you for your suggestion :smile:. I have stumbled upon that guide and mad_lee’s one before. I may build one in the future. My current char will be more concentrated on aura and EoR at the moment, though.

I have changed some of his devotion to further boost his OA and got one more proc for healing at cost of a bit attack speed. I will try and see if it works for him.

Have just just got rid of Elemental Storm or I have gone crazy?

yup, I have removed Elemnetsl Storm…I find that sometimes it does not spawn upon his landing place and appears somewhere nearby instead…

I don’t think you understand how much damage it gives, you tremendously gimped your character damage wise. Removing it if it procs in a weird way is not a solution - binding it to some other skill is. Alternatively taking Revenant although it’s a weaker RR but has some advantages like Life Leech, Attack Speed, easy to maintain skeletons.

ok, I have just reverted back to his former self

Ok, if you want some another devo to test, for example with more OA, let me know. Possible things to try

• dropping Health Regen in devotion
  • dropping yellow affinity
  • some devo with Revenant instead of Elemental Storm

You can also try to bind Elemental Storm to Inquisitor Seal. Or to Judgment.
And then Meteor to some movement skill with possibily even lower recharge.

hmm…he is supposed to be a fiery holy warrior. I will refrain from picking Revenant for him for role-play perspective.

I believe there are no other better ways to tune. Let’s see what the future patches and expansion will have more opportunities to improve him.

1 Like

Well you could get a bit more of this or that (while sacrificing some other things) but in general I think you’re totally right. It’s pretty much maxed out in this concept and more tuning wouldn’t make much difference.

I just clone the concept but build him as a fire-based warlord this time. I will test it out and see how does he fare. But that will be more appropriate to start another thread then.