Seek advice for my first fire aura paladin

hmm…he is my first char and I have not tried dual-wield build yet. Do I need to change my devotions to be more defensive to compensate for the phy resist lost? :thinking:

The fight is 100% chance for me
Here are 5 kills in a row. Naked (without consumables) facetank.

• I changed devotion bindings to some I like (end of the video)

• I dislike Vire’s Might pass-throughs in contrast to other players because I find them very unsafe
  • use Ghoul, don’t heal yourself when it’s on

• only heal with Pot / WoR if necessary

• try avoiding waves while spinning (I didn’t pay attention to them too much though)

• every ~5s I stop spinning to cast Jump (Storm is bound to it), Seal and Judgment (macroed them together into one button, but I can press them all manually too)

1 Like

it’s not my proudest work

…but should give u a slight glimpse of how it is possible.

I have just revised my char to become dual-wield Allah’s spellblade and swap the Ignaff’s rune armor to Justica armor for higher fire damage. He seems better with higher survivability and I can kill Lokkar faster.

Do you think the devotion still need some tweak?

1 Like

It’s pretty optimized tbh. A tiny bit tweak can be done by removing 1 point from ulzuin’s torch and finishing crown with scholar’s light and voila!

You gain some resists:

Devotion looks good to me. Btw I’d use one Mythical Entropic Coil - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database
it will fix your Acid Res overcap and you’ll get another proc
(you don’t get 2 Elemental Forces from 2 Reigns, just higher proc chance but proccing is not a problem with EoR)
damage wise +2 EoR also seems to good even when you lose some attack speed.

I haven’t got this ring yet. So I am using Mythical Sapphire of Elemental Balance - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database instead.

The revised build is as follow:

1 Like

Nice. The build gives a good “optimized” impression when you look at it now.

hmmm…the only concern is that removal of spider will also reduce the OA and DA a lot…

Thank you so much @tqFan and @FlamingX21 ! Without your help I would lose my way and still struggling with the figures and performance.

Luckily, I have just farmed a Mythical Entropic Coil today. I will give it a try :grin:

2 Likes

Btw when are you going to get the last 5 skill points? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have only finished up to SR20 but it is rather boring to clearing consecutive 15 SR alone… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just in case you missed it. It’s saved every 5 levels btw so you can do 20-25 one time, 25-30 another time etc.

Also you can get waystones / checkpoints faster on Normal and then just do 1 Sr 35 or so in Ultimate for all 3 skill points

I have just completed “the other you”. Just got 4 skill points left. I am thinking where to spend those 5 points. Into Judgement or Heart of Wrath for more damage or Vigor to boost the health?

1 Like

I mean u could use skill points practically anywhere, because each thing has perks…

I don’t think u need health at ur current situation (13k hp is minimum but after that u are safe).

U could use some petrify resist but some guy on forums told me it’s rare to see enemies who does that so go argue.

Steel Resolve is really nice damage boost because of increased chtonic and such power. Lately I been testing max resists and perhaps u could max out Resilience cuz it overcaps 80% all resist norm which is neat. And only reason why u would use judgement is Crushing Verdict DA shred, while u could use other nodes from it too, that middle one is the golden egg.

So, there you go hmdai, I hope I injected some useful info here for your potential rock solid paladin. :melting_face:

1 Like

Oh, I haven’t paying much thoughts on Steel Resolve, Resilience and Crushing Verdict. Thank you for reminding me about that. Now I’m torn between which skill to pick now :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

there is always that ich for more skill points, more power… it never ends but there has to be a limit, right?

1 Like

Just finished SR35 with the 3 bonus skill points, only got 1 left. I am still not sure where to put those 2 attribute points, Physics for health regen, DA and life, Cunning for more OA and damage, or Spirit for energy regen and more fire damage? I do find my energy regen does not cover the cost of EoR at the moment…

The way how I put attribs is pretty simple, novadays I focus more on OA or damage hence not that focused on physique anymore, which might tell me the issues I am getting with low hp afterwards but point is → I invest heavily on cunning.

…especially when I deal physical, trauma, pierce or bleed damage, it’s so good to pass on imo. Lots of critical, damage. Rare exceptions might be if u are really low on DA or are a health regen build, then sure, go for physique.

Spirit is an oddball tho. Why u may ask…? It’s also extremely good for other damages, hence why mages tend to maximize exactly that. However no OA or DA.

For your situation tho I do recommend to spend less on physique because u have more than enough and go for offensive more so ur critical happens more often as a fire build u have choice - either OA (cunning) or even more damage (spirit).

1 Like

I advise to 1p Volcanic Stride if you proc sth with it
If Energy is lacking than puttng points in Spirit for both % damage and QoL is a good investment.
Energy pot is not enough for this build?

2 Likes